Thread: Carolina beats Tennessee

Blog Entries

Default Carolina beats Tennessee

Where'd that cockyhoskins guy run off to?

His Gamecocks had a nice win yesterday beating Tennessee AT UT and I've gotto be the first one to mention it?

cocky, you're slipping....

A nice win for the Gamecocks
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

2. Default

The Vols are working on having the worst offense in football ever. Time to revamp the coaching staff.

I was too buys celebrating! Great win. UT may be down, but we did something we had never done by winning in Knoxville.

5-3 with Arkansas, Florida and Clemson left

reaganyouth84 Guest

I was at Neyland last night. It wasn't a very pretty sight. The fans are wanting Fulmer and Sander's heads to roll. I've been saying it though since they named Spurrier the head coach at SC, that he would beat Fat Phil in the first meeting. Spurrier is a genius, and honestly has more talent in this left pinky than Fat Phil and his coaching staff have combined. Fulmer is and will always be Spurrier's bitch What is that old saying....The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention...UT has 4 games left. Notre Dame @ South Bend, Memphis, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky @ Lexington. NONE of those games are going to be easy, and I'm pretty sure the Irish are gonna tear UT apart. The other 3 games are no gimmies either, especially the way the offense is going. You very well could see UT finish below .500 this season.

-Mike
    Last edited by reaganyouth84; 10-30-2005 at 12:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Spurrier's a genius???? Now I've heard everything. I'm sure there are some football fans in the DC area who would beg to differ.

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes
    Spurrier's a genius???? Now I've heard everything. I'm sure there are some football fans in the DC area who would beg to differ.
    I'll be more specific...."Spurrier is a college football genius". There is a difference between college and pro, obviously his style didn't fit in the pros.

-Mike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reaganyouth84
    I'll be more specific...."Spurrier is a college football genius". There is a difference between college and pro, obviously his style didn't fit in the pros.

-Mike
    Allright Mike. I don't necessarily agree with you but I can understand where you're coming from. And I know that my view of him may be skewed because when he came to the NFL, he acted like the competition would be no more difficult than what he faced when he was coaching the Gators.
    I accept that he is a talented college coach, I just think he's a puke.

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes
    Allright Mike. I don't necessarily agree with you but I can understand where you're coming from. And I know that my view of him may be skewed because when he came to the NFL, he acted like the competition would be no more difficult than what he faced when he was coaching the Gators.
    I accept that he is a talented college coach, I just think he's a puke.
    Oh, don't get me wrong...I think he is an utter asshole. I still think he has a lot of talent, certainly more than Fulmer, Sanders, or anyone else on the UT sidelines. People elsewhere don't know how deep the hate for Spurrier runs here in Knoxville. Part of that is because people around here know that he is better than the coaches at UT. Anyways, it could be a blessing in disguise that the Cocks won last night, because now maybe there will be some much needed/overdue coaching changes at UT.

-Mike

9. Default

The Vol staff is not teaching fundamentals...Especially the offense coaches. I knew last year they needed a change.

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    The Vol staff is not teaching fundamentals...Especially the offense coaches. I knew last year they needed a change.
    I can tell you from being there personally....people at the stadium and on the strip were looking for the blood of Randy Sanders.

-Mike

Blog Entries

I follow college football but I'm by no means and expert on the subject. My school (UCONN) used to play division I-AA which to me isn't REAL college football so I've kind of been a Gator fan because I had an aunt who lived in Gainesville and worked at the University. I also enjoy following Penn State football because I know quite a few Penn State football fans I used to work with and went to school with.

So anyway, I saw a couple of posts about people not liking Steve Spurrier but I've always been a big fan of his, I thought he did a great job at Florida and I really didn't pay attention to his NFL career because I'm more interested in college football than NFL.

Now that Steve Spurrier is at USC, I've become interested in following Gamecock football. Now no offense to my BOTL's who are UT fans but I kinda did like the USC win last weekend.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-31-2005 at 11:12 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    I follow college football but I'm by no means and expert on the subject. My school (UCONN) used to play division I-AA which to me isn't REAL college football so I've kind of been a Gator fan because I had an aunt who lived in Gainsville and worked at the University. I also enjoy following Penn State football because I know quite a few Penn State football fans I used to work with and went to school with.

So anyway, I saw a couple of posts about people not liking Steve Spurrier but I've always been a big fan of his, I thought he did a great job at Florida and I really didn't pay attention to his NFL career because I'm more interested in college football than NFL.

Now that Steve Spurrier is at USC, I've become interested in following Gamecock football. Now no offense to my BOTL's who are UT fans but I kinda did like the USC win last weekend.
    I think the loss is a blessing in disguise for UT fans. I would LOVE if Spurrier would coach at UT, we might actually have something to look forward to . Spurrier is actually from TN, Johnson City I believe. There is a long story I'll tell if anyone wants to hear it, but I won't go into it unless someone askes.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    The Vols are working on having the worst offense in football ever. Time to revamp the coaching staff.
    Agreed! 125%

Spurrier is a genius, and honestly has more talent in this left pinky than Fat Phil and his coaching staff have combined. Fulmer is and will always be Spurrier's bitch
    You gotta be kidding. Spurrier is the Anti-Christ in human form

I think the loss is a blessing in disguise for UT fans. I would LOVE if Spurrier would coach at UT, we might actually have something to look forward to . Spurrier is actually from TN, Johnson City I believe. There is a long story I'll tell if anyone wants to hear it, but I won't go into it unless someone askes.
    Mike, the only way I see this as a blessing is because it justifys firing Randy Sanders I think you'd agree with me on that one. I think Fulmer is a good coach, but maybe his time has come to move on.

Oh, and I think I'd move before Spurrier comes coaching here.

Give me a frickin' bone here vols!

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy
    Agreed! 125%

You gotta be kidding. Spurrier is the Anti-Christ in human form

Mike, the only way I see this as a blessing is because it justifys firing Randy Sanders I think you'd agree with me on that one. I think Fulmer is a good coach, but maybe his time has come to move on.

Oh, and I think I'd move before Spurrier comes coaching here.

Give me a frickin' bone here vols!

JUST AS I TYPED THIS I GOT WORD THAT RANDY SANDERS "QUIT" AS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2209339

I remember Johnny Majors was one of the most beloved UT coaches in history, but I remember that he had lost 3 games in the season. The Vols lost on Saturday, and Sunday morning Majors didn't have a job. I remember Fulmer vowed NEVER to play the conservative football that Majors played, now look at what Fulmer does. The ONLY reason I think the University keeps him around is they still owe him 8 MILLION DOLLARS on his contract. In turn, that could be the reason he doesn't seem to give a shit about winning or losing...he has his money no matter what. I will agree though that RANDY SANDERS NEEDS TO BE FIRED. www.firerandysanders.com

-Mike
    Last edited by reaganyouth84; 10-31-2005 at 02:43 PM.

heard this yesterday, I was driving to the bank while the girlfriend was getting food for dinner @ wal-mart and I had the windows down smoking the new LGC, when they annouced it.

I screamed "HELL YES BITCH!"

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy
    heard this yesterday, I was driving to the bank while the girlfriend was getting food for dinner @ wal-mart and I had the windows down smoking the new LGC, when they annouced it.

I screamed "HELL YES BITCH!"
    Haha, good stuff man. The Daily Beacon (UT's campus newspaper) has been very very rough the past few days on Fulmer and Sanders. I'm glad the program is moving forward now.

-Mike

Thread Information