Thread: Budget Ear Bud Headphones

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Budget Ear Bud Headphones

I just purchased these Koss earbud plug headphones @ Bestbuy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....8&type=product

They are the type that completely plug the ear canal to prevent any sound leakage. Several companies make them, including Sony, and I compared the frequency response vs. price on a lot of these models and found these to be a great deal.

They sound great and only cost 19.99 compared to 29.99 for the comparable sony model. Very slight difference in frequency response, but unless your a dog you wouldnt notice.

10-20,000 hz response vs. 9-23,000 hz

The average human can hear frequencies ranging from 20-20,000 hz.

Anyway, damn good headphones. I'm sure the sony's are great too, but i'm a cheap bastard....what can i say....

A house, in a town, in a state, in a country.

Thats not entirely true about the sony ones. At Wal-Mart they have a set of them that are blue for $9.99. I had a pair of them and loved them until I broke them by snagging them on something and then ripping the cord in half, lol. That was my bad for pulling on them!!!

Now I have some $20 Sony's the clamp on to my ears. I really like them. I am having some ear troubles in my high frequency range I may have to lay off using my headphones for a while. I love loud music in quiet places!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPantherOSX
    Thats not entirely true about the sony ones. At Wal-Mart they have a set of them that are blue for $9.99
    Guaranteed those don't have the same frequency response as the ones I'm talking about. Sony makes a wide range of headphones of different sound quality just like everyone else, but they don't all perform the same just because they are Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    I just purchased these Koss earbud plug headphones @ Bestbuy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....8&type=product

They are the type that completely plug the ear canal to prevent any sound leakage. Several companies make them, including Sony, and I compared the frequency response vs. price on a lot of these models and found these to be a great deal.

They sound great and only cost 19.99 compared to 29.99 for the comparable sony model. Very slight difference in frequency response, but unless your a dog you wouldnt notice.

10-20,000 hz response vs. 9-23,000 hz

The average human can hear frequencies ranging from 20-20,000 hz.

Anyway, damn good headphones. I'm sure the sony's are great too, but i'm a cheap bastard....what can i say....
    i have those same headphones. they sound great. you can feel the bass in your head. i think i've damaged the speakers in mine, though from listening to them too loud. they're a bit crackly, now. i've had them for a while

Thread Information