Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lighter recommendations

Default lighter recommendations

I was trying to decide on a good lighter, and I have been considering buying a Xikar, Colibri, or the like...any recommendations?

I have had a blue Colibri Quantum Legacy for about a year and a half and haven't had any problems with mine. I don’t think that is the general consensus though on Colibri.

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t1427-ho...ters-last.html

edited to add link
    Last edited by rpcky16; 10-31-2005 at 02:37 AM.
    N.O.L.A.

I've had good luck with the Xtend by ST Dupont. I also have a Colibri that has served me well.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Default 2 Colibri's

I have a Colibri Trinidad and Colibri Oscar that both work very well . If you get a Colibri make sure you drain it totally before refilling and follow all the directions that come with it . I've had the Trinidad for about 3 years . I just got the Oscar about a month ago . I bought a Nibo Space , didn't last 6 months($20.00) , tried draining it , blowing it out with compressed air to no avail . I bought both my Colibri's on Ebay , payed a little more than half price , sellers name was "Hapashman" I believe . When getting anything on Ebay though always check the vendor's feedback .

bigpoppapuff Guest

the new xikar lighter....very nice price and great warranty......

rockyscigars.com

Xikar Excutive Lighters
    The Executive lighter was developed for smokers seeking high quality, functionality and sophistication in every facet of their smoking. By targeting and solving problems of other lighters, XIKAR has truly broken the mold with affordability in mind by introducing the Executive.

This design places the trigger along the body of the lighter so one’s finger no longer needs to be perilously close to the flame (goodbye burned fingertips!) The oversized adjustment wheel ensures a quick flame adjustment for any occasion. A simple push on the side of the lighter simultaneously opens the lid and ignites a powerful windproof flame perfect for cigars, cigarettes or that campfire that needs a little encouragement.

All Executive lighters come with a protective sheath.

Sugg retail $25.99

Rocky's Price $20.99

Save 15%

Bigpoppa, I checked out that site and I didn't read anything about a warranty. What kind of warranty does the Xikar carry? I was thinking about getting that one since I already have the Xikar cutter and cigar case. From your experience are they any good or have you heard any complaints?

bigpoppapuff Guest

typical of anything xikar....without question,the best customer service in the industry....i rep them....i have 4 colibri lighters,two xikars,a prometheus,and a dupont....i carry the xikar...

8. Default As bpp Also Pointed Out A While Back...

mydiscountlighters.com

Their ebay store has good deals because they have lots where you can bid from 1 dollar up.

I'd go with Colibri too, haven't had a problem except when it got stolen cause somebody liked it too much. I'd go with one that has a combination guillotine and punch, or the tri-cutta, that's what I have because I punch all my cigars (except for torps). Coibri's with built-in cutters or punches are on average 40 bucks, definitely use high end colibri lighter fluid.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Bigpoppa, is Rockyscigars your store or are you a rep for them??

bigpoppapuff Guest

i'm a rep...i sell to them...when i recommend them,it's because i know he has product in stock at good prices....

12. Default

I used to use matches.

About 5 years ago I bought a Colibri Trifecta. I have used it ever since, without any problems. A couple of months ago I was in China-Mart and found a Colibri "Firebird" in the camping section. For $12 I bought one. I've used it on nearly a dozen sticks so far without any problems.

I carry the Firebird everyday because I don't care if it gets all scratched up with the change in my pockets or if I lose it. I carry the Trifecta when I know I'll be smoking a cigar that day or if it's really windy out.

I really like jet flame butane lighters. YMMV.
    The heat around the corner....

Quote Originally Posted by 55Kingpin
    I used to use matches.

About 5 years ago I bought a Colibri Trifecta. I have used it ever since, without any problems. A couple of months ago I was in China-Mart and found a Colibri "Firebird" in the camping section. For $12 I bought one. I've used it on nearly a dozen sticks so far without any problems.

I carry the Firebird everyday because I don't care if it gets all scratched up with the change in my pockets or if I lose it. I carry the Trifecta when I know I'll be smoking a cigar that day or if it's really windy out.

I really like jet flame butane lighters. YMMV.

i too have a firebird - been really happy with it so far! cheap and reliable.

I went ahead and got the silver Xikar. Thanks for all the replies. As a followup, it works great, and looks cool too. A friend impresser.
    Last edited by cls515; 11-15-2005 at 02:44 AM.

I bought the Xikar executive after some of the reviews from this thread. I'm very pleased with it.

I just got a firebird and seem to be having problems with it. It lights for 1-2 seconds then goes out. I can still hear the gas coming out but wont stay lit ?? whats up with that, anyone know??
    smoke um if you got um

17. Default

I own this one and really like it:

Quantum Talon
    Full-view fuel tank, in contemporary colors, makes this lighter a popular seller. Features SST ignition. Patented. Paid $35 for it, see through tanks is the best.

12326 Airline hwy Baton Rouge La 70817 Attn -SEAL-

try adjusting the fuel flow you could have to much gas coming out or to little and the flame is going out subsequent to that factor.
    -seal-
    Give me one ill smoke it.

19. Default

I am looking for a Xikar Executive, as I have one of their cutters.

I bought 3 Colibri Oscars (one, the 2 for gifts) unmarked from a seller called 11 cigar on ebay for about $16 plus shipping; love the built in punches. They seem to work fine; they just don't have the Colibri badge. He claims they're from the same factory, just unmarked. Check it out; they're not always posted so check weekly.

Blog Entries

I use a Firebird or Zippo

Thread Information