Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey CC86

Default Secret Santa

Go to the new Secret Santa forum. SS Forum

Bill, you mental enough to run a secret santa over here as well?

Here is a list of those interested so far. If no one has a real burning desire to run it I will be glad to run it. But we should continue to harass Bill into doing it so we can enjoy the fallout when his brain explodes from running one on two sites.

Baron Porthos
    Lopaka
    ggiese
    mithril
    godfather
    reaganyouth84
    cigarsarge
    Bkcloud114
    prophetic_joe
    bigpoppapuff
    Drake
    nhcigarfan
    TheSilentChamber
    superman78
    pierce652
    thepyrofish
    Jonsey5484
    cigar no baka
    Shagaroo
    Last edited by Shagaroo; 11-08-2005 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Participant update...

What is it with this Secret Santa thing in October.... Geezzzzz....

You were reading my mind, though!!! We gotta do one!!!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    What is it with this Secret Santa thing in October....

Ahhh...George, It's November now.

Be glad to assist.

reaganyouth84 Guest

How does this work? I'd like to try it out. Hopefully I could start working on rebuilding my reputation in this department. Maybe one of you guys could tell me more about it.
    -Mike

I have never organized a Secret Santa but would be willing to help out with whatever is needed.....

Bill, George, Ken..... anybody ??

6. Default

I'll compose a pm and send it to hex tomorrow. We'll need a special thread with a password that only partacipants can use to post. It could be alot of fun if we do it right.

Count me in for whatever guys.

bigpoppapuff Guest

i'm in....

definitely in

I'm in

Quote Originally Posted by reaganyouth84
    How does this work?
    Everyone involved sends their address to the organizer. The organizer then sends an address to each participant and you become the secret santa of that person. There is usually a set minimum like 3 or 4 sticks at $5 to $8 each. Extra items, not just sticks, are encouraged to be sent in the package and are where the real enjoyment comes from. Then, you try and guess who your secret santa is. It can be setup so either everyone reveals after it's all done, or if you don't guess right you are just SOL. All participants can access the secret santa account to taunt or ask questions of folks. The organizer doesn't participate so there is one less thing for folks to cry foul about.

It can be a lot of fun, but you have to push someone into being the organizer since they don't get to participate and only get to deal with the headaches. So, I nominate Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    What is it with this Secret Santa thing in October.... Geezzzzz....
    Poor George. So young to be losing his mind.

bigpoppapuff Guest

he's not that young...and lost his mind a long time ago...

Since I failed to mention it, and made myself look like a complete jackass, I will step up and run this or assist with it if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo
    Poor George. So young to be losing his mind.

For cripe's sake, Shag - I haven't even put away my Halloween decorations yet!!!

And I must say - I was a little more than shocked when I walked into Walgreen's and CVS on the day of Halloween and they were already clearing the shelves of Halloween stuff - replacing it with Christmas stuff...

WTF is that all about!!! I want Thanksgiving!!!

ok, one question. won't the postmark be a big hint as to who has your name? i know it is more expencive but if we would send the cigars to the organizer and he sends them to the correct persons. this would eliminate the whole location identification thing. sounds like fun though.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mithril
    ok, one question. won't the postmark be a big hint as to who has your name? i know it is more expencive but if we would send the cigars to the organizer and he sends them to the correct persons. this would eliminate the whole location identification thing. sounds like fun though.
    That's the fun part of being a Secret Santa - figuring a way to throw off your "victim"... You get to be creative

18. Default

Oh this sounds fun!

I'm definitely in too...

reaganyouth84 Guest

I'm down with being in on this. Just one question...how do we know what extra gift to get other than the smokes? I mean, I don't know what to get someone if I don't know them that well.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by reaganyouth84
    I'm down with being in on this. Just one question...how do we know what extra gift to get other than the smokes? I mean, I don't know what to get someone if I don't know them that well.

-Mike

Well - if you really want it to be personal - you could ask others.... Or start a thread "my favorite alcohol", "what I like to do in my spare time", "this is what I'm reading", etc.. to see what your marks preferences are...

You could go generic - everyone likes cigar cutters, lighters, and cigar knick-knacks.

Or - you could send someone something you really like - like a pound of your favorite coffee, or a small bottle of a nice tequila/cognac/whiskey, etc. Local favorites are always appreciated - like regional jellies or jams, oranges from Florida, Peaches from Georgia, etc...

Use your imagination - you'll find you really enjoy it if you really put your mind to it.... Especially if you hit someone good....

Thread Information