Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the hero is the gun...

1. Default

One of my favorite towns on this planet is Amsterdam. Most soft drugs have be decriminalized in the city of Amsterdam (they are technically illegal, but this is largely overlooked by local authorities). Prositution is legal in Amsterdam. Beer is the same price as soft drinks and available everywhere (movie theaters, falafel shops, etc.).

This has developed Amsterdam into the most lax community I've ever seen. Live and let live. If you want to smoke dope, go ahead. If you want to have a beer with your lunch, go ahead. As long as you're not harming someone else, they could care less.

This has led to the most amazing views on sexuality I've ever seen. Sexual orientation in Amsterdam is just a facet of who you are. It's no more important than, say, the color of your hair. I found this interesting in stark contrast to places we view as "gay friendly" in the United States, where sexuality tends to define people.

I remember sitting outside the supperclub, smoking a joint with the two gay bouncers... Ah, only in Amsterdam.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    One of my favorite towns on this planet is Amsterdam. Most soft drugs have be decriminalized in the city of Amsterdam (they are technically illegal, but this is largely overlooked by local authorities). Prositution is legal in Amsterdam. Beer is the same price as soft drinks and available everywhere (movie theaters, falafel shops, etc.).

This has developed Amsterdam into the most lax community I've ever seen. Live and let live. If you want to smoke dope, go ahead. If you want to have a beer with your lunch, go ahead. As long as you're not harming someone else, they could care less.

This has led to the most amazing views on sexuality I've ever seen. Sexual orientation in Amsterdam is just a facet of who you are. It's no more important than, say, the color of your hair. I found this interesting in stark contrast to places we view as "gay friendly" in the United States, where sexuality tends to define people.

I remember sitting outside the supperclub, smoking a joint with the two gay bouncers... Ah, only in Amsterdam.
    i've never had any desire to visit that place

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    i've never had any desire to visit that place
    I never did, either, but a friend of mine was working there for a few months. I got to crash on his couch for 2 weeks...

just that simple.

Thread Information