Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My behaviour on the PIF

Default My behaviour on the PIF

I think that the PIF thread in the Exchange should not be full of politics. So I am going to post this:

This is what I said to godfather via a PM:

I like to PIF because it gives other people a chance to try what I enjoy, and what they might have trouble getting hold of otherwise. I also like to PIF as it makes up for the fact that participating in a pass is a little difficult due to my physical location and the vagaries of the customs service on both sides of the Atlantic.
    GF: If you really think that I am out of line, set up a polL and ask the people that I respect within this forum whether (sorry for spelling) I am. GG if I have spoiled your PIF please let me know, because that was the last of my intentions.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

I never elt you were out of line .Nice that you are trying to accomodate people ,you big sweetheart you.
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

3. Default You Can't Be Serious Man...

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe
    I think that the PIF thread in the Exchange should not be full of politics. So I am going to post this:

This is what I said to godfather via a PM:

GF: If you really think that I am out of line, set up a polL and ask the people that I respect within this forum whether (sorry for spelling) I am. GG if I have spoiled your PIF please let me know, because that was the last of my intentions.
    *SIGHS*

Are you serious? I thought we were settling this matter offline, unbelievable SJ. I responded to your PM this morning.

I said what I said because you flamed me for NO REASON:

Flame post: http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showpost...7&postcount=33

I brought it to the members attention here what you did:

Response: http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showpost...&postcount=464

Yep, I believe as member of this board, others should be made aware of your behavior towards me. That is NOT how a BOTL should act towards another member. If people want to trade/buy/pass with you after seeing that SJ, that's fine. I made them aware of it, END OF STORY (did I go any further? No.).

If it were me, I wouldn't trade with you at all until you made things RIGHT with that other person.

If you want an example, please let me know. An incident happened on CigarPass where a member FLAMED another member and I sent the PACKAGE BACK to the person who flamed the member. Guess what? The 'bashing member' did NOTHING to me either and was very nice through the whole deal and delivered on-time too. It's the principle of treating everyone with RESPECT. If you had justified reasoning for something I did SJ, that's one thing, but you didn't.

This is really un-necessary SJ and I'm really not sure why you created a thread for the public to read. Poll? Why do we need a poll? Again, we agreed to settle this offline.

If you still disagree, then public we'll make this. Personally, even AFTER you justified why you flamed me in your PM this morning, it was STILL out of line and you know it. No response from you either.

It's your call SJ...you decide.
    Last edited by godfather; 11-07-2005 at 07:14 PM.

And that would be why you would be posting this before I have a chance to reply then
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showpost...&postcount=464

Quote Originally Posted by superman78
    I never elt you were out of line .Nice that you are trying to accomodate people ,you big sweetheart you.
    Superman, I U 2, fancy a trade? (aquisative git that I am )

6. Default

What does it really matter SJ? You're not sorry for what you've done. You told me you'd respond to give me 'the proper response' on Saturday and I heard nothing from you until Monday. I figured you were going to try and walk away from this just like you did in your uncalled for flame.

Looks like you really want to make this public. Here's your PM:

<EDITED to reduce clutter. SJ was too incompetent to see I already posted his PM, see his thread>.
    Last edited by godfather; 11-08-2005 at 06:44 PM.

oooh, I am scared, Godfather is PM'ing, I must be in trouble now.

8. Default

And my RESPONSE:

<EDITED to reduce clutter. SJ was too incompetent to see I already posted his PM, see his thread>.
    Last edited by godfather; 11-08-2005 at 06:44 PM.

9. Default

oooh, I am scared, Godfather is PM'ing, I must be in trouble now.
    Relax buddy, I was pasting the PMs.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Hold on guys ,my popcorns almost done popping........alright come out fighting
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Shall we have them in full then?

Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    I just like to pass it forward. Also I just picked up some nice sticks that I thought a lot of people might like.

PJ, pm me your addy and I will send you a consolation prize.

GF, get of my case please.
    So if I didn't say anything, would you STILL have given him a consolation prize?

I'll get off your case when you tell me why you showed me this disrespect yesterday:

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showpost...7&postcount=33

There was NO NEED to say what you said to me...and you had NOTHING to back it with...and your statements are completely unfounded.

You know SJ, you seemed like a good guy to me, but not after calling me out like that.

If you want to tell me you were tired and weren't thinking when you posted that...and apologize....then I won't hold it against you and it'll be forgotten. Otherwise, I see no reason why someone with your character should get away with talking to me the way you did on this board.

The ball is in your court...

My initial response:

I just like to pass it forward. Also I just picked up some nice sticks that I thought a lot of people might like.

PJ, pm me your addy and I will send you a consolation prize.

GF, get of my case please.
    So if I didn't say anything, would you STILL have given him a consolation prize?

I'll get off your case when you tell me why you showed me this disrespect yesterday:

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showpost...7&postcount=33

There was NO NEED to say what you said to me...and you had NOTHING to back it with...and your statements are completely unfounded.

You know SJ, you seemed like a good guy to me, but not after calling me out like that.

If you want to tell me you were tired and weren't thinking when you posted that...and apologize....then I won't hold it against you and it'll be forgotten. Otherwise, I see no reason why someone with your character should get away with talking to me the way you did on this board.

The ball is in your court...
    Godfather,

Will give you as proper reply tomorrow. At the moent I do not have time.

Regards

Stjohn Roe
    Full response:

Godfather,

First, sorry about the delay in responding, but the weekend has been a bit hectic. I have been on call at work and everything seems have chosen to this weekend to fall apart, also Guy Fawkes night fell over the weekend so I have spent the evenings doing my best to stop the dogs having a seizure as a result of all the fireworks.
    I guess I should apologise for the way that I expressed myself the other day, as it was probably not the best way of putting things.
    My main objection is that you seem to have appointed yourself arbiter of what is right and wrong in these forums.
    You talk about respect, you state that I "disrespected" you, to be frank I don't see what you have done to earn respect from me. There are many members of these forums that I have a great deal of respect for, mainly as a result of their knowledge in our common area of interest and their willingness to share it.
    I guess what annoyed me is the call you made on our host Hex, I for one have a great deal of respect for the guy and I find it a bit weird that you should call him on a $1.44 discrepancy.
    As for the PIF situation, I don't know whether I would have offered PJ a consolation prize if you had not popped up, probably not in fact as I believe that I was playing by the rules. I like to PIF because it gives other people a chance to try what I enjoy, and what they might have trouble getting hold of otherwise. I also like to PIF as it makes up for the fact that participating in a pass is a little difficult due to my physical location and the vagaries of the customs service on both sides of the Atlantic.
    I do feel that you are out of line for calling me on the PIF post.
    As a return question to your one about the PIF, would you have queried my catch if I had not taken a shot at you in another forum?

Sincerely,
    Stjohn Roe

BTW, my screen name is my real name, not something that I use to represent an image or something that I hide behind, it is just a concatenation of my given name "Stjohn" with my family name "Roe". The whole “littlejohn” thing strikes me as a bit childish.

What I get back:

Quote Originally Posted by SJ
    First, sorry about the delay in responding, but the weekend has been a bit hectic. I have been on call at work and everything seems have chosen to this weekend to fall apart, also Guy Fawkes night fell over the weekend so I have spent the evenings doing my best to stop the dogs having a seizure as a result of all the fireworks.
    Sorry to hear about your personal issues and there's no need to apologize about the late response. Understood.

My main objection is that you seem to have appointed yourself arbiter of what is right and wrong in these forums.
    I disagree with you on that. There are members of this board that I respect and will stick up for. I will also NOT put up with people (like many other members) like Neuromancer. That guy has a history and if you notice, the guys you 'respect' also sided with me. I more than justified exactly why I had qualms with him.

I'm not going to cite specific examples and prove my point. If you want to call them out, I'm sure I can give you reasonable JUSTIFICATION for doing so.

You talk about respect, you state that I "disrespected" you, to be frank I don't see what you have done to earn respect from me.
    We've NEVER interacted before SJ. I have done NOTHING to you personally, so there should be NO REASON for you to disrespect me. If you want to play that angle, you disappoint me in the fact you make all of these judgements about me and don't even KNOW ME. Keep reading to find out why.

There are many members of these forums that I have a great deal of respect for, mainly as a result of their knowledge in our common area of interest and their willingness to share it.
    I'm not going to get into this with you. It sounds to me that you think I don't contribute to this board and all I do is act as the 'arbiter,' AND THEREFORE you don't respect me. I now see how respect is given in your eyes. If you want to think that SJ, be my guest...that's your own ignorance that will get you in trouble. I'm confident enough to know it's not true and in no way do I need to prove it to you either.

I guess what annoyed me is the call you made on our host Hex, I for one have a great deal of respect for the guy and I find it a bit weird that you should call him on a $1.44 discrepancy.
    So you had to go on the RAMPAGE you went on and INSULT me? That's why I'm talking about 'having no reason to disrespect me.' If you had beef with me, you could have taken this OFFLINE, given me GOOD REASONS and it probably would have been cleared up. Instead you had to make a fool out of yourself and call me out in public.

Oh, so I don't respect Hex? Ok SJ. Another ignorant statement. Before you 'disagree' with me on this, I suggest you read:

A) http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t2539-pl...derations.html

B) Then read this thread again here (START at post #90): http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...2&page=5&pp=20

Hopefully you'll see what I'm driving at. It wasn't the $1.44, it was something else.

If you see, hex even thanked me and ALSO understood it wasn't about the $1.44. So where's the DISRESPECT SJ?:

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showpost...2&postcount=98

Hex, didn't feel disrespected at all btw. I asked him via PM...he didn't get that impression at all. So before you decide to DEFEND someone, why don't you check with them BEFORE jumping all over me?

I do feel that you are out of line for calling me on the PIF post.
    As a return question to your one about the PIF, would you have queried my catch if I had not taken a shot at you in another forum?
    My purpose on that thread was to let people know that you bashed/flamed me for no good reason. Personally, if I saw a member being bashed for no reason, and I was doing business/trade/buy/PIF with them...they wouldn't GET MY BUSINESS.

Don't believe me? I can give you EXAMPLES on cigarpass where stuff like this happens. Heck, I was one of those guys who RETURNED the guy's package because he was bashing/flaming another member for no reason. If you want the links, please ask.

SJ, you really need to think about what you say before jumping to all of these silly conclusions. I'm pretty upset that you had to 'flame me' in public WITHOUT any reason (until I got your PM today and you explained)...this could have been avoided and taken offline.

Why not just QUESTION what I do instead of making your own FALSE conclusions? At this point, the ball is in your court buddy. Your call on where you want to take all of this...

- Godfather

Draw you own conclusions, I have.

This is why i opened this thread

13. Default

So what does this prove SJ? Where are you going with this? Why don't you respond to my follow-up PM? What exactly don't you get here?

1) You flame/posted me for no reason.
    2) I let the community know about it since you're doing a PIF with another member. I explained why I let people know about your outburst.
    3) I tried to take this offline and you make a ridiculous thread out of this.
    4) You tell me your mad because I disrespected hex. Well guess what buddy, that's your own ignorant interpretation and further...hex didn't feel disrespected to say the least. So you have NO RIGHT to be pissed off at me.

I think if you look back, I did POST the whole PM conversation. The prior one you posted was meaningless.
    ---

So I'll say it AGAIN SJ, you flamed posted me, and even your 'valid reasons' WEREN'T valid at all. Stop wasting both our times with these ridiculous threads and tell me what you're trying to prove EXCEPT that you're WRONG and still OUT OF LINE.

Please, tell me you aren't this incompetant....
    Last edited by godfather; 11-07-2005 at 10:06 PM.

14. Default

Draw you own conclusions, I have.
    Ok ...I will...

1) You never should have made that post. If you were mad at me about hex, then don't babble some nonsense on Neuro's meltdown thread bashing me. You could have asked, "Hey I see a post where I think you disrespected hex, can you please explain?" No SJ you didn't, instead you FURTHER your nonsense BY IGNORANTLY tell me I disrespected him. Guess what buddy? I proved you wrong. You spent all that time being pissed for NOTHING. You defended someone who INCORRECTLY didn't NEED you by their side. Did you even talk hex YOURSELF? No. Again, hex didn't feel disrespected at ALL.

2) If you're going to be a member on this community, don't go attacking people for silly reasons. There are better ways you could have handled this whole situation.

3) Don't think you're going to get away with it either. I will not condone your behavior and you suddenly think everything is ok. That is NOT how a BOTL is supposed to act towards other members. I see what HAPPENS to guys like you. The community doesn't put up with their shameful behavior.

4) Just apologize and realize you were in the wrong here. If you do, and sincerely mean it, then we have no problem anymore.
    Last edited by godfather; 11-07-2005 at 10:24 PM.

you both seem like cool guys. SJ, you were being dick, though. stop being a mean and apologize and lets put this behind us. this seems real silly

16. Default

Dammit, I wish the Patriots game was this exciting...

17. Default

Just for the record I noticed hex's puts and takes were a little off. It was handled in a gentlemenly manner and no ones feelings were hurt. Several of us talked via pm about it. It involved a rairity factor not $$.

stjohnroe does not have a valid argument with that. If he has any further argument concerning that incident I suggest he pm hex. stjohnroe...Things are not always as they appear. You are not involved in the pass so basically it is none of your business.

I'm too tired to read all the threads about the rest. I missed most of it as it happened. I am starting to form an opinion.

lol, you people love e-blood.

I think both of you guys are BOTL's and are blowing something up way too big.

Everyone needs to understand that we police our own. Which means you get to call others out when you see something wrong. Doesn't matter if they're a FOG or a NooB. But remember you don't always know the whole story so be ready to apologize if you called someone out on something and their was more to it.

Now on the other hand if you get called out DO NOT GET DEFENSIVE! Explain yourself and if other BOTL's still think you are wrong then apologize and make it right. If a group of others say your wrong then your wrong.

If you are going to be part of the Brother/Sisterhood then you should understand it doesn't matter if you have been the best BOTL for the past 10 years. All it takes is one mistake and HOW you handle yourself. I'm all for defending a friend, but first make sure that friend is right.

Another thing it's easy to read into things. If you are going to be here and posting you better have a think skin!

And as Always!

THINK BEFORE YOU POST!

Back to the matter at hand. You both stepped on your dicks. StJohnRoe you jumped on GF for calling out Necro yet you didn't have a reason as to why he was wrong. GF you called StJohnRoe out in the PIF. For his attack on you was fine but it should have been here in this forum and not in the PIF. As to him winning the PIF it was in the rules that he could. Also pushing that he send a consolations prize was wrong. Those that miss then should just try again next time as it's part of the game.

So both of you lift your foot off your dick's and say your sorry and move on before the hole gets too deep for someone.

Fuggin newbies.

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch
    Everyone needs to understand that we police our own. Which means you get to call others out when you see something wrong. Doesn't matter if they're a FOG or a NooB. But remember you don't always know the whole story so be ready to apologize if you called someone out on something and their was more to it.
    Agreed and this is my beef with SJ. He made a comment, he's proved on this thread that even his valid reasons for doing it hold no weight. He's out of line.

GF you called StJohnRoe out in the PIF. For his attack on you was fine but it should have been here in this forum and not in the PIF. As to him winning the PIF it was in the rules that he could.
    I understand that and I LET IT GO. I explained why I posted what I posted on the PIF...to let other members KNOW that SJ is bashing another member on this board for no reason. Frankly, that's what this community does. If a member is out of line, he lets everyone ELSE know...especially if they're going to do a pass/trade/buy. If you'd like me to cite examples where I've seen this, I'd be more than happy to PM you the links.

If I saw another member of this community bashing another member for NO REASON, AND I was in a PIF/buy/trade with the basher, I wouldn't do business with them...PERIOD. In fact, something like this happened on CP, and I sent the package back to the member who was out of line.

If you guys disagree with the above statements, it's your decision. I for one have understood cigar boards to NOT tolerate this type of behavior.

Also pushing that he send a consolations prize was wrong. Those that miss then should just try again next time as it's part of the game.
    Show me where I told him he should SEND a consolation prize DG. I think you need to re-read that. It was SJ that made himself look FOOLISH. He offered PJ the consolation prize ON HIS OWN ACCORD and THEN stated in his PM he wouldn't have OFFERED IT if I hadn't gotten on his case for saying he should give PJ a turn.

So both of you lift your foot off your .... and say your sorry and move on before the hole gets too deep for someone.
    The hole is fine here DG. I stopped posting on the PIF thread and initiated the first PM in an EFFORT to take this matter offline. SJ is the one making a spectacle out of all of this and wanted to make it public.
    Last edited by godfather; 11-08-2005 at 12:27 PM.

Thread Information