Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High School Shooting

reaganyouth84 Guest

Default High School Shooting

Guys, its all over the news by now...the high school I graduated from 2 1/2 years ago has been the scene of another school shooting. 3 of my former teachers have been shot, and the town is flipping out. I have friends there, and its within walking distance of my house. Please pray for my friends and my community. I'll try to keep you all posted.

-Mike
    Last edited by reaganyouth84; 11-08-2005 at 03:44 PM.

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

Unhappy

I'm checking the News channels, I can't find it . In any case, really sorry to hear that, and best wishes and prayers for those there.

Prayers for you and the people involved. Do you have any more info?? I have tryed to search various news pages and turned up nothing.

reaganyouth84 Guest

All 3 wounds are critical...all 3 men are in critical condition....

-Mike

reaganyouth84 Guest

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=4090301

I've heard Mr. Bruce has died, but I've heard he is ok....I don't know at this point....all 3 are in surgery right now.

-Mike

Wow, that is really scary....Our thoughts are with you. Thanks for the additional info.

reaganyouth84 Guest

I'm hearing different things right now. My girlfriend was there when it happened. She says that 1 has head wounds.

-Mike

reaganyouth84 Guest

Assistant Principle Ken Bruce has died....
    -Mike
    Last edited by reaganyouth84; 11-08-2005 at 06:21 PM.

reaganyouth84 Guest

They just showed the kid that did it on TV he was covered in blood. The kid was 14 years old...14!!! What the hell are kids thinking these days?!

-Mike
    Last edited by reaganyouth84; 11-08-2005 at 06:27 PM.

Unbelievable.... My prayers are with the families and victim's... Sorry to hear about this, Mike...

I am so sorry to see something like this happen again, and my prayers are with everyone involved. I attended the Jr. High school that was attached to the HS when a shooting like this happened in Taber, Alberta just after Columbine. I just don't get how people can do this.

Prayers sent for all involved.
    Remember to breathe

14. Default

It is a twisted world. We recently had a riot at one of our local high schools in the early morning. It took nearly every unit my department had plus local PD units and every State Trooper in a three county radius to get it under control. High Schools seem to have their share of disturbed kids.

I have recieved training on how handle school shooting incidents. Tactics have changed since Columbine. Hope I never have to use my training.

Prayers sent to your community.

15. Default

That's a horrible tragedy to read about, and I'm sure it's got to be even worse when it hits close to home. Sorry to hear about this Mike. This will be in my prayers as well.

reaganyouth84 Guest

Its just crazy. Apparently the kid had the gun at school, and was going to trade it off for oxycontin. One of his friends told the principles, and when they called the kid to the office, he unloaded on the 3 principles. Just a bad bad deal.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by reaganyouth84
    Its just crazy. Apparently the kid had the gun at school, and was going to trade it off for oxycontin. One of his friends told the principles, and when they called the kid to the office, he unloaded on the 3 principles. Just a bad bad deal.

-Mike
    Oxys are some strong shit. If he had a habit, it's the same as heroin, exactly. Desparate? Probably. Excused? Never.

Prayers out for these folks - it took a lot of guts for those men to go for that gun - a lot to sacrifice for something so sensless.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

reaganyouth84 Guest

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp...01&nav=menu7_2

There is the newest link I could find. There are videos, pictures, and the updated story. It really makes me think twice about being a teacher.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by reaganyouth84
    has been the scene of another school shooting.
    Am I the only one whose caught this? Mike when was the first?

My mother (who lives in Kingston, outside Knoxville) was just shocked and was so happy me and my sister are out of high school now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy
    Am I the only one whose caught this? Mike when was the first?

My mother (who lives in Kingston, outside Knoxville) was just shocked and was so happy me and my sister are out of high school now.
    I think that he was referring to the previous school shootings across the nation.

Thread Information