Thread: Best Cigar for different price range!

Default Best Cigar for different price range!

What do you guys think about the best cigar for different price range?

$1:
    $2:
    $3:
    $5:
    $10:
    $10 and above:

$1:I haven't found one yet that is worth the time it takes to smoke it.
    $2:Padron Fumas
    $3:Punch Rothschild Maduro, Partegas Black Bravo
    $5:Padron 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k Maduros
    $10:Opus X, PAM, Añejo
    $10+:Opus X, PAM, Padron 1926 Serie

These are just some

pick up some punch rare corojos and La Gloria Cubana Series R. They'll run you between $4 and $5. in the 10+ range check out the Ashton VSG's I have some sitting in the Humi that I'm dying to try they have a great wrap, smell terrific and I hear excellent things from everyone about them.

$1: none
    $2: 3x3
    $3: RP Conn.
    $5: Sancho Panza
    $8-10: Perdomo Estate Selection Vintage.
    $10: Fuente Anejo

$1: buy a coke
    $2: probably a padron fuma
    $3: Fuentes
    $5: La Flor Dominica
    $10:Opus, LG Diez, DCM

6. Default

$1: Rolys
    $2: AF Exquisitos
    $3:
    $5: Padron 2k 3k 4k 5k, Carlos Taronos, Brazilia Gol, Hemingway short story
    $10: Rocky Patel 1992

I prefer to hunt down bargains. That way, I can smoke $3-$5 cigars for $2-$3!!!!!! Remember though, specials always come in larger quantities. You won't find many single or five-pack deals except maybe a cigarbid.com

Anyway for the "$2-$3 on special" range I like:

Indian Tabac Cigars, Nestor Plasencia Cigars and Rocky Patel Cigars and factory seconds.

This includes Nestor Reserve, Fire Maduros, IT Maduro, IT Super Fuerte, IT Cameroon Legend, IT Naturals, IT Classic, RP Vintage 90, RP Vintage 92, Sun-grown, Diesel, Edge, Reo, etc.

There are plenty of deals to be found a couple of times a year. You just have to be patient, research lesser known brands, and keep your eyes open. On a side note, Rocky Patel Cigars are hard to find on special due to their popularity.
    Last edited by Kenyth; 11-09-2005 at 02:21 PM.

I don't know that I have ever seen a cigar for a $1.00. To be honest, I don't think I want to.

Probably the cheapest smoke I enjoy is an Onyx, which I guess you can get for $3 or so. I really enjoy it while cutting grass. It is a good smoke though!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    I prefer to hunt down bargains.
    If they sold cigars on eBay, I'd be all over that! :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    If they sold cigars on eBay, I'd be all over that! :)

Back before ebay caught on big you could buy cigars on ebay. I remember buying a few differnt boxes.

$1 - Ditto - No such cigar exists - Anything that resembles a cigar for $1 is manure in a paper wrap
    $2 - Maria Mancini Magic Mountain
    $3 - 3X3 (recently discovered - a nice cigar) OR Quintero Brevas (Cuban)
    $5 - Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Sungrown - IMHO the best cigar for your money
    $10 - Rocky Patel Vintage (usually a bit under $10) or Perdomo Estate Seleccion Prestigio

There are rare opportunities to get a decent cigar on sale/clearance for the $1 range, but you will almost assuredly have to buy it by the box or bundle, if not more. I picked up IT Fires for around $1.50 apeice and I just got IT Corojo's and naturals for $1.43 apeice!

bigpoppapuff Guest

there ARE decent cigars in the buck-buck-fitty range that are not garbage.....jm's,roly's are two......

$10+....la aurora preferido's and ashton vsg..

in between...vegas de fonseca,fonseca series f,JdN antano or celebracion,oliva classic,...and lots lots more....

Default Forgive me........

I spoke in haste!

You CAN get Rolys for UNDER a buck! Wow.......

In the past I had purchased a few here and there at a local shop and recalled paying over $1 for them. But by the bundle out on the net they can be had cheap!

Please excuse my stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    Back before ebay caught on big you could buy cigars on ebay. I remember buying a few differnt boxes.
    Isn't it a tad risky buying cigars peer to peer over the internet? With fakes in mind, that is.
    "Sometimes a woman is just a woman, but a fine cigar is always a good smoke." - Rudyard Kipling.

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cockyhoskins
    I don't know that I have ever seen a cigar for a $1.00. To be honest, I don't think I want to.

Probably the cheapest smoke I enjoy is an Onyx, which I guess you can get for $3 or so. I really enjoy it while cutting grass. It is a good smoke though!
    Yes Onyx is a terrific cheap smoke. They run about 5 bucks here but still worth it. Onyx is an unusual smoke in the sense that it milder than it looks. That dark brown nearly black wrapper makes you think its going to be a full bodied cigar but its really not. Nice leasurely smoke.

Rating-86 IMHO

17. Default price range

I'll throw a couple cheapies out there (and no, I don't work for JR but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night). If you smoke smaller/short cigars you can routinely find boxes/bundles for less than $60.

$1 Flor de Oliva bundles run about $28/$30 bundle of 25
    $1 Consuegra bunles run about $25/$30 bundle of 25

$2 Maria Mancini (JR weekly special has 40 for $60 ending tonight Jan 17th)
    $2 What about Perdomo Exclusivo? JR has boxes for under $60 (they throw in 8 freebies)
    $2 Belinda and Belinda Black come to mind.
    $2 Indian Tabac
    $2 Puros Indios (check out Cigars International)

I don't think all $1 cigars are bad. I have tried the Trinidad y Cia from JR's. They come 20 for like $15. Although not a great cigar, it is a decent cigar with a nice burn, and flavorfull taste.

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."
    - Mark Twain

19. Default

Forget about buying 1 dollar cigars, they are pure crap.

For cigars in the 2-4 dollar range there are some excellent smokes.

Fuente 858 and Chateau Sungrowns

Padron Ambassadors, Palmas, 2000, 3000

Jr Ultimate double maduros

El Rey Del Mundo Rectangular in Maduro

Thread Information