Thread: an informal intro...

Default an informal intro...

OR... yet another new guy!

I just recently decided to take my love of a good cigar more seriously. Until now, I would just stop by one of the smoke shops (read that as cigarette stores that just happen to have a decent cigar or two) on the way home for the weekend and pick up a couple. I did just get my first humidor. It is not great, but it is what I can afford for now. It is a Thompson (I don't see that name thrown around a lot here, so I am not sure what to think of that) Barrel humidor. They had a combo going so I couldn't resist. Now, you may have read the problems I have had so for with this thing, but hopefully I have that all taken care of now.

You guys really have a nice place here. I hope to hang around here for a long while.

Welcome.

Welcome!!

Welcome from Wisconsin
    Remember to breathe

Welcome from Texas.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Welcome from the UK
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

7. Default

Welcome sir, enjoy your stay.

welcome!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

hey

Welcome from Queens, NY

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Westbrook
    OR... yet another new guy!

I just recently decided to take my love of a good cigar more seriously. Until now, I would just stop by one of the smoke shops (read that as cigarette stores that just happen to have a decent cigar or two) on the way home for the weekend and pick up a couple. I did just get my first humidor. It is not great, but it is what I can afford for now. It is a Thompson (I don't see that name thrown around a lot here, so I am not sure what to think of that) Barrel humidor. They had a combo going so I couldn't resist. Now, you may have read the problems I have had so for with this thing, but hopefully I have that all taken care of now.

You guys really have a nice place here. I hope to hang around here for a long while.
    I know how that goes. The only local place to get cigars here is a "Cigarette Express"

Welcome to the board though. You'll find that online cigar shops come in handy.

Welcome from Queens, NY
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Default Thanx for the warm welcome, guys

QuietC (or anyone who wants to throw in their two cents),

Where are some of the recommended online shops? Thompson is the only place I have got smokes from so far. Where else should I look?

I've used these guys http://www.dukecitycigars.com/. Customer service is great and they take very good care in their shipping.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

15. Default

Welcome from the frozen waste lands of northern Brittain.
    My brother and I use www.billboardtobacco.com who have good prices and excellent service
    steel true, blade straight....Headstone of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Thread Information