Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favorite pass time/activity

Default favorite pass time/activity

ok, so what are your favorite things to do? besides smoking.

i enjoy golfing although i haven't been able to in a while.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

I enjoy golfing also...... even though I suck

and I love my motorcycle

I'd have to third the Golfing. If I could go every weekend I wouldn't be that bad.

Boating and coaching soccer. Winter sucks for me.

love golf but all the work around the new house has kept me from the course for the last few months. I'm hoping to get some skiing in this year. Only went once last year. Not enough.

I enjoy golf as well. terrible at it but I love it anyway

Not a huge sports guy. I read a lot, I am obsessed with music (pretty much anything, from rap to Christian metal to Garth Brooks) and I love driving. I love my car (it's a 1994 Eagle Talon TSi, in case you feel like sending me a pair of adjustable rear struts or something ;) )
    I spend a lot of time on the computer, and am just starting to get into homebrewing with my Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by thepyrofish
    I love my car (it's a 1994 Eagle Talon TSi, in case you feel like sending me a pair of adjustable rear struts or something ;) )
    I think I still have some dsm stuff laying around the shop somewhere.

I'm not a sports person, I spend most of my time working on cars and wood working... but that doesnt really help for ideas.

Reading - I always have 1-3 books going.

Music. Lots of stuff - Johnny Cash, buda bar, Twighlight Singers, U2, Dave Mathews, Mother Love Bone, etc. I play guitar too, which I enjoy probably more than anyone around me.

Fly fishing. When I retire, I will live in close proximity to cold water. It is awesome.

Soccer. I don't play (I have played indoor. I was an ugly player with an ugly team in an ugly league. But we had fun dammit. Ugly fun.) But, I have a 16-year-old who is magic on the pitch. When we launch her, it'll be to a college somewhere with a strong program.

And, I have an herb garden. It's pretty cool. (alright I know what you're thinking - I quit that a long time ago!)
    Last edited by basil; 11-15-2005 at 12:31 AM.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    I think I still have some dsm stuff laying around the shop somewhere.

Oooh, what'd you drive?

I never owned one. I have alot of parts sitting around from stuff I did when I had my shop open. Talons and Eclipses were pretty popular around here a few years ago so I did alot of work on them. Heh, I still remember the day me buddy blew the motor in his talon, locked up at around 140mph, was so much pressure in the crank case that it blew the dipstick out of the tube. Thats what you get with stock internals and 22psi.

Not a sporty type myself, happiest when reading a good book.
    I also enjoy cooking and chopping up firewood for the stove.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

13. Default

Cooking, eating, drinking, playing music (drums), listening to music, going to the cinema, to the pub (of course) etc etc. Nothing really original I'm afraid.

And travelling!!!!! (I'm off travelling for two and a half months in January!!! And yes, it does include a certain Island in the carribean......
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

14. Default

Football...

I play semi-pro from spring through early autumn, flag late autumn through winter... And watch the Patriots un the autumn and winter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    wood working... but that doesnt really help for ideas.
    Never know. You might get that autographed poster of Norm Abrams in his flannel boxer briefs that you've been wanting finally!

playing music. i've recently started singing for band called clench (i know. its a dumb name. but don't forget it, because we might be famous someday) . i've played guitar for a little over 10 years, and i just got some electric drums that i'm pretty addicted to, but not any good at. i also enjoy playing golf which i'm also not good at. i also love snow skiing. i usually get to go every other year. this spring, i'm head to breckenridge.

edited to add skiing
    Last edited by Drake; 11-15-2005 at 11:02 AM.

I play golf and water ski in the summer, and in the winter....well......ummm........it is just damn cold to do anything so I drink beer and smoke cigars all winter. It is kind of my own little hibernation!

Fishing.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Blog Entries

Reading History

20. Default

Making history.

Well, trying to anyway.
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Thread Information