Thread: Nextel (Winston) Cup

reaganyouth84 Guest

Default Nextel (Winston) Cup

Anyone keeping up with the "Chase" for the championship? This weekend is the final race. Just wanted to hear what some of you guys had to say.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by reaganyouth84
    Anyone keeping up with the "Chase" for the championship? This weekend is the final race. Just wanted to hear what some of you guys had to say.

-Mike
    Can't say I am a big fan of racing, but I sure wish someone would put Stewart in the wall on the 3rd lap. I would have been happy if Martin or Wallace went out as #1.

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo
    Can't say I am a big fan of racing, but I sure wish someone would put Stewart in the wall on the 3rd lap. I would have been happy if Martin or Wallace went out as #1.
    Rusty Wallace has been my favorite driver since I was 4 or 5 years old. I'd love to see him win it, but it isn't mathmatically possible at this point. With the 3 guys that have a realistic shot, I'm pulling for Tony Stewart or Carl Edwards. I despise Jimmy Johnson who is in 2nd place.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by reaganyouth84
    With the 3 guys that have a realistic shot, I'm pulling for Tony Stewart or Carl Edwards. I despise Jimmy Johnson who is in 2nd place.
    -Mike
    My money's on Stewart too, I feel the same about Johnson as you do, I think he's another Jeff Gordon with the best money can buy to back them both, anybody could win races... Freaking yuppies!!

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BDC
    My money's on Stewart too, I feel the same about Johnson as you do, I think he's another Jeff Gordon with the best money can buy to back them both, anybody could win races... Freaking yuppies!!
    I agree, these new guys in this new generation are the furthest thing from how NASCAR used to stand apart from the other sports. Just a bunch of down to earth guys that raced cars. Now its a bunch of spoiled young brats. Oh well, the good ol' days are gone.

-Mike

I am not as big on NASCAR as I used to be.
    I liked it better back in the Earnhardt Sr. days.
    Don't worry about the mule, just load the wagon.

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hevyboy
    I am not as big on NASCAR as I used to be.
    I liked it better back in the Earnhardt Sr. days.
    I agree, this new generation does no justice to the throwback drivers.

-Mike

reaganyouth84 Guest

Well, it was an awesome race. The championship chase was exciting as well. I am a bit sad though because today was Rusty's last race. I've followed him since I was 5 or 6, I'm 21 now. It really choked me up today watching some highlights from the early 90's, and then seeing Rusty autograph Dale Jarrett's uniform before the race. Anyways, I'm looking forward to next season, but it just won't be the same anymore.

-Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lastrace.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	134  

Thread Information