Thread: Working smokes

Talking Working smokes

Let me start by saying I'm not rich but love the expensive brands and I'm most likely considered a Tennessee Redneck. Honest answers folks, please. I usually smoke 4-7 stogies a day during normal chores. Now how many of y'all really smoke the good stuff while working? Santa is watching! Personally I will limit my self to 3-5 "premium" smokes a week. Right now I'm smoking Trinidad y Cia from JR's. I get 20 coronas for 12.95. Sure there not premium long filter pleasure sticks but they fill a void. While working I cannot enjoy a good cigar since I'm gonna chew half of it anyway. I reckon if I'm the only one who buys cheap smokes for everday then I don't belong on this forum. Be honest, y'all rich or what? I like Baccrat but at $5 each that equals 15-25 bucks a day. Worst case 25 x 30 days= $750 a month and one P.O.'d ole lady. When I went back to smoking stogies two years ago I spent over $800 bucks in 2 months. Or is it y'all only enjoy stogies during your qiute time? Cowboy gents.
    Rick

I don' t smoke that many cigars (5-6 a week when it's warm, 1-2 when it's cold), but I understand what your saying about it being an expensive habit. I usually smoke cigars in the 2 dollar range. La Vieja Habana by Drew Estates, Dominico Maduros, or Occidental Reserve Double Maduros are probably my favorite everyday smoke and you can get any one of them for less than $3 at a cigar shop or less than $2 if you buy bundles off the internet. They are as good as most cigars that are twice as expensive. I save my more expensive cigars for special occasions.

Plus there is usually a a few Phillies, Swisher Sweets, or Black and Milds stashed in my truck, tackel box, tool box, etc. I don't enjoy them as much as I do a real cigar, but they usually scratch the itch while I'm working and I don't feel like I waste it by only smoking half.

Blog Entries

I'm right there with you. I usually buy bundles for my everyday smokes. Granted I get them wholesale, so a bundle of 25 torpedo's costs me allot less then they normally would. I smoke 1-2 cigars a day. I usually keep the good stuff for Friday and Saturday nights.

I know where you're coming from. I am also on a limited budget. I do most of my shopping on cigarbid or cigars international. I have found that The cogar by Perdomo, and the Perdomo 'over-runs' are not a bad deal for the money. If your looking for a decent daily smoke, the Nestor Reserves are worth the $2 also (IMHO). I like fuller bodied smokes and those satisfy me for the daily smoke. I will break out something better on the weekend I.E. Carlos Torano Signature, CAO Italia or Brazilia, an occasional Hemingway, or whatever strikes me.

Que

volshooter, nice to see you in here.

To answer your question, I do smoke cheaper cigars during the day or when I am on the lawn mower, etc. But I try to avoid total dog rockets at all costs. I mostly smoke an Encanto, CAO or Onyx for my daily smokes.

i too don't smoke expensive cigars too much, right now i'm mostly trying diff kinds out. Since it's winter i only smoke maybe 1-2 times a week, more in the summer when i can sit out on the porch at night. But i found a cheaper cigar recently i like "churchill deluxe" by caribe, they're the same people that make baccarat, maybe you'd like it

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by volshooter
    Let me start by saying I'm not rich but love the expensive brands and I'm most likely considered a Tennessee Redneck. Honest answers folks, please. I usually smoke 4-7 stogies a day during normal chores. Now how many of y'all really smoke the good stuff while working? Santa is watching! Personally I will limit my self to 3-5 "premium" smokes a week. Right now I'm smoking Trinidad y Cia from JR's. I get 20 coronas for 12.95. Sure there not premium long filter pleasure sticks but they fill a void. While working I cannot enjoy a good cigar since I'm gonna chew half of it anyway.
    I am probably going to draw some ridicule, but I bought an ammo can full of La Finca sandwich cigars. They cost me $59 including the box for 90 of them. They're a little bit harsh when first shipped, but after 6 months of resting time, they come around.

Quote Originally Posted by volshooter
    I reckon if I'm the only one who buys cheap smokes for everday then I don't belong on this forum. Be honest, y'all rich or what? I like Baccrat but at $5 each that equals 15-25 bucks a day. Worst case 25 x 30 days= $750 a month and one P.O.'d ole lady. When I went back to smoking stogies two years ago I spent over $800 bucks in 2 months. Or is it y'all only enjoy stogies during your qiute time? Cowboy gents.
    Rick
    If you want a way to gauge what you need to do for the "ole lady" check out:

The Marital Bliss Calculator

-Tony

I only smoke 2 or 3 times a week. Most of the cigars I smoke are in the $3 to $6 occasionally I smoke something better. I smoke while relaxing so I don't choose a cigar just to smoke a cigar. I choose something I enjoy.

But if the mood strikes me to have a cigar while outside working I light up one of the Connies I got from JR. About summertime. Time to get another bundle.

About 4 to 5 per week. The mood I am in.....typically determines how many I smoke. Stressful week at the office....equals more smokes.....so that I can relax and slow everything down.

Expensive or non expensive, doesn't really matter to me, not that I'm rich.....but I have quite a few cigars to choose from.

Thread Information