Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Trinidad Corojo

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWidow
    goddamn i hate doctors everyone i meet comes off exactly the same way
    When one is standing over you with a knife say that.

Maybe if there was a good system other than race, gender, how big a town you are from, and how much ass you have kissed to accept med students I wouldn't feel this way.

FPDoc77 Guest

Maybe if there was a good system other than race, gender, how big a town you are from, and how much ass you have kissed to accept med students I wouldn't feel this way.
    Im a white male...my family members were teachers and coal miners. My dad broke the cycle and did well in business. I had zero connections and paid my own way through school. I beat the odds of AA and Im proud to say I didnt need to kiss ass to make my way. I spoke my mind and backed it with research. I worked hard. The fact is a white male has to work alot harder than a black female to get into med school. Did you know that OSU has a minority track into med school. They merely have to maintain a 3.0 or above and its an instant ticket into med school. This happens while white males with a 3.9 MCATS in the 30's are on the waiting list. I agree with you the current system sucks. Dont hate docs...hate the system.

I stand corrected. It is the system I hate.

FPDoc77 Guest

I stand corrected. It is the system I hate.
    There alot of good docs that care about taking care of people. I am one of them. But any white male that has aspirations of becoming a doc needs to be aware of the long road ahead.

As always good talking to you.

Quote Originally Posted by FPDoc77
    There alot of good docs that care about taking care of people. I am one of them. But any white male that has aspirations of becoming a doc needs to be aware of the long road ahead.

As always good talking to you.

No - there are plenty of docs out there in the real world just like you. And they are the ones that I personally despise the most. Those are the ones that make you wait 1/2 hour in the waiting room, and kick you out of the office if you say you're bothered by having to sit there for 1/2 hour each time you come in for an appointment. They don't like you to point out they have a problem with scheduling patients. Just like you throwing a hissy fit because you don't like someone correcting your spelling...

The most impressive doctor I've ever met was a headache expert I met at a very large clinic. You would NEVER know he was one of the leading experts in the world. His demeanor was - "I don't know everything there is to know about headaches - I just know what works and what doesn't work". This guy came into the room with 5 residents trailing him. I'd suggest to you those residents will learn from his humble demeanor, and be a GOOD doctor. Caring about what the patient thinks - even though it's contrary to their own beliefs.

Arrogance is the WORST thing you can bring into the medical field. That is EXACTLY what will get you into trouble. Clearly you have issues with that - and if you choose to ignore it, or play it down - be prepared... There will be those willing to exploit that in a courtroom...

Blog Entries

meooow
    More meaningless bullshit from this asshole............
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Im a white male...my family members were teachers and coal miners. My dad broke the cycle and did well in business. I had zero connections and paid my own way through school. I beat the odds of AA and Im proud to say I didnt need to kiss ass to make my way. I spoke my mind and backed it with research. I worked hard. The fact is a white male has to work alot harder than a black female to get into med school. Did you know that OSU has a minority track into med school. They merely have to maintain a 3.0 or above and its an instant ticket into med school. This happens while white males with a 3.9 MCATS in the 30's are on the waiting list. I agree with you the current system sucks. Dont hate docs...hate the system.
    Oh, just like you did when you posted a lie about how most doctors are like you and have poor spelling and grammar skills.

We're still waiting for you to "back it up with research"

You are so full of shit, this isn't even funny anymore........
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    No - there are plenty of docs out there in the real world just like you. And they are the ones that I personally despise the most. Those are the ones that make you wait 1/2 hour in the waiting room, and kick you out of the office if you say you're bothered by having to sit there for 1/2 hour each time you come in for an appointment. They don't like you to point out they have a problem with scheduling patients. Just like you throwing a hissy fit because you don't like someone correcting your spelling...

The most impressive doctor I've ever met was a headache expert I met at a very large clinic. You would NEVER know he was one of the leading experts in the world. His demeanor was - "I don't know everything there is to know about headaches - I just know what works and what doesn't work". This guy came into the room with 5 residents trailing him. I'd suggest to you those residents will learn from his humble demeanor, and be a GOOD doctor. Caring about what the patient thinks - even though it's contrary to their own beliefs.

Arrogance is the WORST thing you can bring into the medical field. That is EXACTLY what will get you into trouble. Clearly you have issues with that - and if you choose to ignore it, or play it down - be prepared... There will be those willing to exploit that in a courtroom...

I am willing to respond to this post because its legit. I usually have to wait 30 minutes to have my hair cut. With that said I rarely make patients wait because i respect their time. The problem isnt scheduling but its the patients that have 7 needs to be addressed and dont tell the staff and dont respect the docs time. I had a mother today who wanted 3-4 requests per child (2) addressed and I had 10 minutes a piece to do so...at the end she wanted her third childs needs addressed. He wasnt even on my schedule. Its those patients that get us behind. Guys like you want to be in and out and I respect that. The pateints like yourself get screwed. If you have a cold tell the staff...but if you have mulitple issues tell the staff so they can give us more time. Problem comes when patients come up with 45 minutes of stuff that cant be addressed in 10 minutes.

I am willing to respond to this post because its legit. I usually have to wait 30 minutes to have my hair cut. With that said I rarely make patients wait because i respect their time. The problem isnt scheduling but its the patients that have 7 needs to be addressed and dont tell the staff and dont respect the docs time. I had a mother today who wanted 3-4 requests per child (2) addressed and I had 10 minutes a piece to do so...at the end she wanted her third childs needs addressed. He wasnt even on my schedule. Its those patients that get us behind. Guys like you want to be in and out and I respect that. The pateints like yourself get screwed. If you have a cold tell the staff...but if you have mulitple issues tell the staff so they can give us more time. Problem comes when patients come up with 45 minutes of stuff that cant be addressed in 10 minutes.

My point exactly - rather than fix the problem, make excuses. And then when you can't get the excuses to work - the patient's an asshole - right?

Coventry anyone with eyes can read the trinidad post and realize that you came from nowhere after this was over and called me names threw insult after insult. I took it in stride...spin it however you wish. How was I whining? The one sin I committed being too sensitive about a comment made from one of your members has already been owned up to. So tell me what is your problem? Is this some sort of cyber power struggle?

You haven't owned up to anything except your excuse for getting shitty with another member. Your "sensitivity" has not a damn thing to do with this issue.

The issue: Taking your bullshit (sensitivity) out on another member. That's where the apology is owed. The words "I am sorry", with no excuses, no buts, no bullshit, period.

Important: One line of sarcasm by itself does not an asshole make. You just don't know where to stop. Your arrogance continues to fuel sarcastic, belittleing comments. When you switch into yuckyuck mode, it's pretty fucking transparent. You just keep shooting yourself in the foot and reloading.

CC doesn't have any less tolerance then the rest of us - he just has the weight to tip arrogant, sarcastic assholes over. Everything he's posted is all you need to read to "get it".

Clue: This makes CC your best friend.

Clue #2: Although it is (sadly) how we often keep score in the larger society, nobody here (refreshingly) gives a shit what you do for a living.

Heads up: Don't even pretend to think you weren't warned. Now, apologies owed on your part are multiplying faster than you can post. Suck it up, get over yourself, make your amends, take your lumps. Or leave. Or keep digging and get drummed out. Your choice.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil
    You haven't owned up to anything except your excuse for getting shitty with another member. Your "sensitivity" has not a damn thing to do with this issue.

The issue: Taking your bullshit (sensitivity) out on another member. That's where the apology is owed. The words "I am sorry", with no excuses, no buts, no bullshit, period.

Important: One line of sarcasm by itself does not an asshole make. You just don't know where to stop. Your arrogance continues to fuel sarcastic, belittleing comments. When you switch into yuckyuck mode, it's pretty fucking transparent. You just keep shooting yourself in the foot and reloading.

CC doesn't have any less tolerance then the rest of us - he just has the weight to tip arrogant, sarcastic assholes over. Everything he's posted is all you need to read to "get it".

Clue: This makes CC your best friend.

Clue #2: Although it is (sadly) how we often keep score in the larger society, nobody here (refreshingly) gives a shit what you do for a living.

Heads up: Don't even pretend to think you weren't warned. Now, apologies owed on your part are multiplying faster than you can post. Suck it up, get over yourself, make your amends, take your lumps. Or leave. Or keep digging and get drummed out. Your choice.

Wow!!! This says it all!!!

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by basil
    Although it is (sadly) how we often keep score in the larger society, nobody here (refreshingly) gives a shit what you do for a living.
    ...or how much money you make...
    ...or how many expensive cigars you smoke...
    ...or if you dress like a woman on the weekends...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    ...or if you dress like a woman on the weekends...
    Hey!!!
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

FPDoc77 Guest

I get home and this is still going on? I dont know if I should be offended or flattered.

I get home and this is still going on? I dont know if I should be offended or flattered.
    Since you are the first person to post in this thread for nearly 7 hours, perhaps you should get over yourself and learn to tell time.

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo
    Since you are the first person to post in this thread for nearly 7 hours, perhaps you should get over yourself and learn to tell time.
    Actually I was speaking more of the stuff going on in the political forum.

Actually I was speaking more of the stuff going on in the political forum.
    Then you should probably post there so you don't look like any more of dumbass than you already look.

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo
    Then you should probably post there so you don't look like any more of dumbass than you already look.
    I believe I have.

Blog Entries

I believe I have.

Unreal!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information