Thread: t.u. vs. Texas A&M

Default t.u. vs. Texas A&M

comments, predictions?

Blog Entries

A&M lost to Clemson

Need I say anymore?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I agree it would be a miracle win, but it is being played at Kyle Field.

UT has a better team. They have one of the best defenses in the nation, if not the best. They have one of the best offenses in the nation, if not the best. Granted they are playing at Kyle Field, there is still no chance for A&M. I got the Longhorns by at least 35. Just out of curiosity, why do Aggies commonly refer to The University of Texas as Texas University? Is it out of envy or what?
    Last edited by cls515; 11-21-2005 at 11:39 AM.

I think 35 is actually the line. Texas will kill this weekend. That is if the "old rivalry" phenomenon doesn't up and rearrange things a bit.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by cls515
    Just out of curiosity, why do Aggies commonly refer to The University of Texas as Texas University? Is it out of envy or what?
    While anyone would be envious of the football program over there right now, I wouldn't say they are envious of the school. A&M has a lot more things going for it than a privatized athletic department. Aggies probably have trouble calling it the University OF Texas because A&M is, it was there first.

Aggies refer to it as t.u., and the students as t-sips. Hehe. Coz they are wankers.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Blog Entries

Texas is just WAY too good this year. I hope they kick Southern Cal's arses in the national championship game.

NO WAIT

Since I'm a Penn State fan, if A&M beats Texas this Saturday, that means Penn State plays Southern Cal in the Rose Bowl for the National championship. WOW would that be cool!! The traditional Big Ten/PAC Ten matchup THIS TIME for all the marbles.

GO AGGIES !!!

This Saturday I'm an Aggies fan!!!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 11-22-2005 at 12:57 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Dammit

I heard the Aggies gave the Longhorns a rough time.

NOW I'm a UCLA fan!!!

GO BRUINS
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Well CC, since you are a Penn State fan..here is the latest from the BCS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

November 22, 2005

BOWL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES SELECTION POOL UPDATE DALLAS – Sixteen teams remain under consideration to participate in the four games that comprise the Bowl Championship Series (BCS), it was announced today.

The teams were identified during a teleconference among the 11 I-A conference commissioners, the Notre Dame athletics director, and representatives from ABC Television, the FedEx Orange Bowl, Nokia Sugar Bowl, Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, and Rose Bowl. The Rose Bowl will host the national championship game, matching the No. 1 and 2 teams in the final BCS standings.

The champions of the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-10 and Southestern Conferences automatically qualify for a BCS game. In addition, there are two at-large berths available. To be eligible for at-large selection, a team must have nine regular-season victories and be ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS standings on December 4. Any Division I-A independent institution or team from Conference USA, the Mid-American, Mountain West, Sun Belt or Western Athletic Conference earns a guaranteed slot in one of the BCS games should that team be ranked sixth or better in the final BCS Standings.

Penn State has clinched a berth in the BCS. The Nittany Lions are co-champions of the Big Ten with Ohio State, but possesses the tie-breaker by having defeated the Buckeyes. USC will be the Pac-10 representative in the BCS. The Trojans are at least the league’s co-champion and hold the conference tiebreaker should it need to be applied.

The representatives from the four other participating conferences which receive automatic spots in the BCS have not been determined. The following is a list of teams still in contention for their conference titles:

ACC: Florida State, Miami, Virginia Tech
    Big East: Pittsburgh, South Florida, West Virginia
    Big 12: Colorado, Iowa State, Texas
    SEC: Auburn, Georgia, LSU

The pool of teams remaining under consideration for the two at-large berths consists of those 12 teams, plus four others that were also identified:
    Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, UCLA

All other institutions have been released from BCS consideration.
    Following is the schedule of the BCS games (all televised by ABC Sports):
    January 2 – Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, 4:30 p.m., ET
    January 2 – Nokia Sugar Bowl, 8:30 p.m., ET
    January 3 – FedEx Orange Bowl, 8 p.m., ET
    January 4 – Rose Bowl (national championship game), 8 p.m. ET

-BCS
    Now, how the #2 team in the nation not have an automatic berth but the #3 team does is beone me. This is one of the reasons why I hate following College football. I love watching the games, can't stand the BCS.

I would just like to take my hat off to Stephen Mcgee, who put 200% into yesterday's game and really played like he had wanted to be there since he was six. Its good to get a guy on our team who is actually an Aggie, and this guy deserves a standing ovation for his performance.

As for "InVinceable," he proved that his team can win with or without him, which in my mind takes him out of any Heisman consideration, why he was there in the first place, I'll never know.

Thread Information