Thread: Weird Dust Stuff 2

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

Default Weird Dust Stuff 2

I saw the fellas post about the weird dust stuff he saw and thought I'd share my experience. I left my cigar jar alone for about a week and when I returned I found a white dust covering my 2 remaining stogies and the bottom of the jar......I took one our and rubbed it clean and proceeded to smoke it..............tasted fine? didnt get sick..........SO I dont know what was up. I went out of town again and left it unattended and got back to find more white stuff. I threw the last stogie away just to be safe. Well its been about a month or two since any cigar has been in the jar or the jar been opened. The bottom is completely covered in the dust and you can see the humidy on the sides of the jar. My advice would be to not leave ur stogies unattended and make sure you keep a your humidifier in tip top shape with the correct water. Pics Below!

Isn't that just minerals from the moisture in the air?

That's what you get for mixing your meth lab bottles with your cigar bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo
    That's what you get for mixing your meth lab bottles with your cigar bottles.

LMAO!!
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Do you have hard water or softened water? Are you using a Propylene Glycol mix?

Hard water = Calcium/Lime residue

Softened water = Salt residue

50/50 Distilled water and Propylene Glycol = No residue and no water droplets

Thats distilled water out of a jug...............

Well I broke down and took my jar apart to find out wtf that stuff is...........i got the disc out of the bottom and and touched the white stuff...............the moment I touched it, it dissapeared. I ran my finger across the wood again and looked at my finger..........nothing! My finger just looked like it had water on it?! My guess is it was a build up from something in the water?! Mold doesnt usually just dissapear when you run your finger across it does it?! I dont know, so you guys tell me what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by dHUTCH
    Well I broke down and took my jar apart to find out wtf that stuff is...........i got the disc out of the bottom and and touched the white stuff...............the moment I touched it, it dissapeared. I ran my finger across the wood again and looked at my finger..........nothing! My finger just looked like it had water on it?! My guess is it was a build up from something in the water?! Mold doesnt usually just dissapear when you run your finger across it does it?! I dont know, so you guys tell me what you think!
    Must have been water vapor if it dissappeared like that.
    End of line.

9. Default

Maybe there is a ghost.... in your cigar jar

Thread Information