Thread: Cigars and what canadian whiskey?

Default Cigars and what canadian whiskey?

Lately I've been toying around with the idea och trying canadian whiskey with my cigars and knowing that there are a lot of canadians here, this seems like a good place to ask for pointers... So... If I am to smoke Romeo y Julieta, Punch, Partagas and H. Upmann, which of the following would be the best liquid option; Lord Calvert, Black Velvet, Royal Canadian or Canadian Club?
    "Sometimes a woman is just a woman, but a fine cigar is always a good smoke." - Rudyard Kipling.

Crown Royal and Crown Royal Special Reserve are Canadian Whiskies also.
    N.O.L.A.

I'm sure they are, but where I live alcohol 1) costs so much you wouldn't believe me if I told you and 2) the goverment has monopoly, so we have to sit quiet and accept what they offer us, so those are the only canadian whiskys available in Sweden.
    "Sometimes a woman is just a woman, but a fine cigar is always a good smoke." - Rudyard Kipling.

Copenhagen, Denmark (originally from Bonnie Scotland)

Are you crazy?? Get across to Denmark and buy some real whisky (Scottish single malt that is). For 200dkr you can get a nice 10 year old Bunnahabhain or, for a little more, Lagavulin.

Yeah, I know that, but I live in Stockholm and I'm a student, meaning that I don't really have the finances to allow me to make such a trip, especially now in the autumn. :-/

6. Default

Canadain whiskey is awful garbage. Try some real Bourbon such as makers mark,Woodford ,Knob Creek, Dickel , Bakers ,Bookers ect ect ect . Crown Royal is for cleaning chrome:(
    The older I get ,the better I was

Sadly, as a Canadian, I have to agree with kevin. The scary part is that Crown Royal is relatively good as far as it goes. Black Velvet is distilled just a few miles from here. It's crap.

I don't think it would be a problem for one of us Americans or Canadians to send you a bottle of some better alcohol....why can't you just order a bottle from the internet?

Personally, I like Canadian Club and always keep a bottle handy.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    Canadain whiskey is awful garbage. Try some real Bourbon such as makers mark,Woodford ,Knob Creek, Dickel , Bakers ,Bookers ect ect ect . Crown Royal is for cleaning chrome:(

Kevin is dead on. Bookers is my favorite.

Copenhagen, Denmark (originally from Bonnie Scotland)

PM me your address Thogun and we can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by cls515
    I don't think it would be a problem for one of us Americans or Canadians to send you a bottle of some better alcohol....why can't you just order a bottle from the internet?

We are not permitted to do so here. "Difficulties" with age-verification and such they say.
    And anything we purchase from abroad will have at least 25% of the total cost (product+shipping) added by the customs. So, it's seldom worth it. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter
    PM me your address Thogun and we can work something out.
    I'll take you up on your offer in January, if that's okay, but for now I have to be very restrictive as to how I spend the little money I have. By that I mean christmasgifts. :-)

Thread Information