Thread: I finally got to smoke a cigar!

Default I finally got to smoke a cigar!

I've been down with a nasty cold/flu for about two weeks. It started as your basic head cold, then moved in to the chest and I developed a fever. I thought a flu shot was supposed to prevent this sort of thing? Anyway, no cigars during that time. This was the worst cold I've had in years! They actually gave me steroids for the chest congestion. I'm STILL tired, run down, and coughing occasionally. Finally, on Sunday in the nice temperatures, I put up and did minor repair on the outside X-Mas decorations, smoked a nice IT Classic cigar, and drank some beer. It was nice being able to enjoy life a bit again. It's very irritating sweating, wheezing, and coughing up crap every time you try to do anything mildly exerting.

Default I got it for Thanksgiving day

I came down with it on Thanksgiving day , stayed home in bed , had reheated pizza for dinner . Haven't had a cigar since Wednesday the 23rd , oh the craving I'm having . Did you go to see a Doctor or just treat with over the counter remedies ?

I went to the Doc. If I'm sick enough to stay home from work, I generally go see the doctor. I HATE chest colds with a passion! They really muck up a few weeks of your life.

i've had a cold off and on for about a month, now. it hasn't been as bad as it mormally is around this season, but it still sucks.

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    I've been down with a nasty cold/flu for about two weeks. It started as your basic head cold, then moved in to the chest and I developed a fever. I thought a flu shot was supposed to prevent this sort of thing? Anyway, no cigars during that time. This was the worst cold I've had in years! They actually gave me steroids for the chest congestion. I'm STILL tired, run down, and coughing occasionally. Finally, on Sunday in the nice temperatures, I put up and did minor repair on the outside X-Mas decorations, smoked a nice IT Classic cigar, and drank some beer. It was nice being able to enjoy life a bit again. It's very irritating sweating, wheezing, and coughing up crap every time you try to do anything mildly exerting.
    Ken hope you dont mind a few comments about the medical aspect of what you just said. The influenza shot will only protect you from the major viruses that cause influenza types A and B. There happens to be thousands of viruses that can cause cold/flu like symptoms. It sounds to me you started off with some upper respiratory virus (above the neck) then it moved to the lungs. It might have even turned into a bacterial pneumonia. The steroids...do you have asthma or have you smoked for a long time? If the answer is no to both these then your cold probably turned into a pneumonia (which you can even with a clean chest xray). Anyways Im glad you are feeling better.

ahmmm thank you doc for that lessen, may we go outside and play now?

Glad to see your feeling a little better.

FPDoc77 Guest

You are welcome for your "lessen". I do try to educate when I can.

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    ahmmm thank you doc for that lessen, may we go outside and play now?

Glad to see your feeling a little better.
    Just so you know...coventrycat is on the prowl. He will pounce on your spelling mistake and the fact that it's you're and not your. Just thought I would give you a heads up. Hey man keep your chin up...his insults are just sticks and stones...just sticks and stones bro.

He wont correct me... if he does he's not getting his pony.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Default word of advice

Fight with who you want but i wouldn't provoke our little kitty .He doesn't play nice and you'll end up another notch on his holster .
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by superman78
    Fight with who you want but i wouldn't provoke our little kitty .He doesn't play nice and you'll end up another notch on his holster .
    I dont fight...I just find him very scarey.

Quote Originally Posted by FPDoc77
    I dont fight...I just find him very scarey.

It's spelled "scary", not "scarey"...

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    It's spelled "scary", not "scarey"...
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by FPDoc77
    Ken hope you dont mind a few comments about the medical aspect of what you just said. The influenza shot will only protect you from the major viruses that cause influenza types A and B. There happens to be thousands of viruses that can cause cold/flu like symptoms. It sounds to me you started off with some upper respiratory virus (above the neck) then it moved to the lungs. It might have even turned into a bacterial pneumonia. The steroids...do you have asthma or have you smoked for a long time? If the answer is no to both these then your cold probably turned into a pneumonia (which you can even with a clean chest xray). Anyways Im glad you are feeling better.

Mild or moderate Athsma depending on who you ask. I wasn't particularly pleased with Prednisone. I had a LOT of the side effects both going on it, and coming off it. It was only a weeks regimen, and it did suppress the bronchial inflammation, but the cure was almost as bad as the disease.

Thread Information