View Poll Results: What is the proper procedure for fixing others bad grammer?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unless the post is impossible to understand, just do nothing?

10 41.67%
  • Mention every little grammer mistake?

10 41.67%
  • Only mention serious grammer mistakes which effect the usefulness of the post?

4 16.67%
  • Send a private message to the person explaning the mistake?

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grammer Nazi

1. Default Grammer Nazi

Hey All;

There seems to be some bad feelings going around here when it comes to grammer. While some members don't seem too bothered by bad grammer, some seem to enjoy picking out others grammer mistakes. While this is usually in a light-hearted manner, it does seem to take many good cigar discussions off track. What is the appropriate board etiquite for such grammer problems? Please vote and post your opinion. Thanks all!
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

2. Default

Oh yeah, there is a grammer mistake in the poll..... Hope that doesn't bother anyone.....

3. Default

Just for further clarification, grammer includes spelling mistakes.

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Island Epicurean
    Just for further clarification, grammer includes spelling mistakes.
    This is a great poll. We are here to talk about cigars not correct each others spelling. I mean its a ing message board. Lets leave the grading to the school teachers.

Blog Entries

It's "GRAMMAR" not "grammer"
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

6. Default

This is the politics forum you can say
    Fuck
    Shit
    Godammit
    motherfuckingjizzfelching pig fucker(SFG75)
    Pussy
    Blowjob
    Assmaster
    Fuck you uncle Fucker
    Cumburper
    ect ect ect

You do not have to use that homo looking censored smiley here in this forum .
    The older I get ,the better I was

FPDoc77 Guest

meow....

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    Fuck
    Shit
    Godammit
    Pussy
    Blowjob
    Assmaster
    Fuck you uncle Fucker
    Cumburper
    ect ect ect

Thank you Kevin.

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    Fuck
    Shit
    Godammit
    Pussy
    Blowjob
    Assmaster
    Fuck you uncle Fucker
    Cumburper
    ect ect ect

Thank you Kevin. That was very colorful.

10. Default

Congrats on your 2000th post CC.... Although I wonder how many of those were grammar corrections......... Just kidding, congrats on the 2000th!

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by FPDoc77
    Thank you Kevin. That was very colorful.
    One post would suffice
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Hey, if you make a mistake and someone points it out to you, THEY'RE the "bad" person. Makes sense to me!!

In most cases, it's just plain laziness and sloppiness. Island Epicurean, you are one of the biggest offenders on this board with your sloppy spelling and poor grammar.

And your BS statement:
    some seem to enjoy picking out others grammer mistakes.
    sure says a lot about you and your warped attitude.

You see the ROOT PROBLEM here is people like you and fpdoc who make the mistakes in the first place. If you didn't make them due to laziness and sloppiness or whatever, there would be no reason to point these errors out. Do you really think many people here pick up on EVERY spelling and grammatical error? Personally, I only make an issue out of it when the person constantly makes these errors (like you and fpdoc).

What's even worse is you're studying to be an attorney and fpdoc claims he's some kind of doctor. That's BAD. If my attorney or my doctor ever handed me a document with numerous spelling and grammatical errors, I'd be looking for a new attorney or doctor immediately. Do you REALLY think this is acceptable for professionals especially attorneys, and physicians? Oh yeah, and TEACHERS too (like Scotty) I mean, it would be one thing if this lame assed poll was started by someone with an IQ of 70 and the reading and writing skills of an eight year old but HOLY CRAP, a "doctor" and a "laywer" whining about the fact they they get called on their poor writing skills? Oh this is truly laughable!!! You two should be ashamed of yourselves.

What cracks me up is guys like you get all pushed out of shape and defensive when your errors are pointed out to you. You should appreciate people like me for pointing out your mistakes to you rather than being such a goddam crybaby about it.

Again, the both of you would be wise to look at this as a learning experience rather than some kind of "attack."

I didn't vote in your poll because your choices of responses are lame. I would have voted for:

"Constant spelling/grammatical errors should be pointed out in the theads. This way the person who makes the errors will strive to improve themselves."
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 11-28-2005 at 08:59 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Island Epicurean
    Congrats on your 2000th post CC.... Although I wonder how many of those were grammar corrections......... Just kidding, congrats on the 2000th!

Now thats funny stuff.

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Hey, if you make a mistake and someone points it out to you, THEY'RE the "bad" person. Makes sense to me!!

In most cases, it's just plain laziness and sloppiness. Island Epicurean, you are one of the biggest offenders on this board with your sloppy spelling and poor grammar.

And your BS statement:

sure says a lot about you and your warped attitude.

You see the ROOT PROBLEM here is people like you and fpdoc who make the mistakes in the first place. If you didn't make them due to laziness and sloppiness or whatever, there would be no reason to point these errors out. Do you really think many people here pick up on EVERY spelling and grammatical error? Personally, I only make an issue out of it when the person constantly makes these errors (like you and fpdoc).

What's even worse is you're studying to be an attorney and fpdoc claims he's some kind of doctor. That's BAD. If my attorney or my doctor ever handed me a document with numerous spelling and grammatical errors, I'd be looking for a new attorney or doctor immediately. Do you REALLY think this is acceptable for professionals especially attorneys, and physicians? Oh yeah, and TEACHERS too (like Scotty) I mean, it would be one thing if this lame assed poll was started by someone with an IQ of 70 and the reading and writing skills of an eight year old but HOLY CRAP, a "doctor" and a "laywer" whining about the fact they they get called on their poor writing skills? Oh this is truly laughable!!! You two should be ashamed of yourselves.

What cracks me up is guys like you get all pushed out of shape and defensive when your errors are pointed out to you. You should appreciate people like me for pointing out your mistakes to you rather than being such a goddam crybaby about it.

Again, the both of you would be wise to look at this as a learning experience rather than some kind of "attack."
    At least we have jobs...and mine only requires me to spell words like risperdal, haldol, seroquel which are all meds that I would prescribe to a man like yourself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FPDoc77
    At least we have jobs...and mine only requires me to spell words like risperdal, haldol, seroquel which are all meds that I would prescribe to a man like yourself.
    Once again, you showing us what kind of asshole you are. You have no clue about my personal life, my financial or employment situations.

You really should improve your poor writing skills as it makes you look like a lazy, sloppy uneducated moron.

That statement is completely within bounds because you've proved to all of us here on numerous occasions via your posts.

However your post that I quoted was out of line and you should apologize.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

16. Default

Man CC, relax. This is just a cigar forum. It is something most of us use for relaxation and our hobbies. However, I will tell you that I do appreciate people correcting grammer mistakes, its just when it gets things off topic that I get bothered. Remember, this is a Cigar Forum.....

Also, I am an extremely fast typer who happens to have a very strong accent. As such, I usually type like I talk. If I dont spell correctly, it is usually because I am typing things exactly as I say them. You can rest assured that I am VERY PROFESSIONAL with my work. This is just a Cigar Board. Not a legal document.

I had no idea that there was some sort of grammer feud going on here when I made this post........ This is certinly not worth getting all worked up over....... This board is about Cigars and Friends. (Sounds kinda corney when I say it that way.)

Take a deep breath, have a good cigar and relax. If you feel the need to continually critique my posts, that is completely fine. I appreciate your desire to better me.......

Other than that, keep up the good work here. Your posts are insightful and your answers are well above par. Take it easy all!

17. Default

Why are the two of you: Island Epicurean & FPDoc77 getting so butt hurt over someone calling you out on spelling/syntax errors?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

You two are acting like a couple of two year olds. Take it in stride and LEARN SOMETHING instead of being a bunch of cry babies.

You see the ROOT PROBLEM here is people like you and fpdoc who make the mistakes in the first place. If you didn't make them due to laziness and sloppiness or whatever, there would be no reason to point these errors out.
    Is it SO HARD to run your posts through a spell checker? This is absolutely ridiculous, I can't believe I'm seeing two babies cry over something as TRIVIAL as this.

Quote Originally Posted by ConventryCat86
    What's even worse is you're studying to be an attorney and fpdoc claims he's some kind of doctor. That's BAD. If my attorney or my doctor ever handed me a document with numerous spelling and grammatical errors, I'd be looking for a new attorney or doctor immediately. Do you REALLY think this is acceptable for professionals especially attorneys, and physicians?
    He's RIGHT. Have you TWO been out in the REAL WORLD? Your EMPLOYER would be all over your case if you had issues with spelling and grammar!

Try coming up with a resume some time with the way you two type on here because that's the FIRST thing employers look at. GUARANTEED your application would go to the BOTTOM of the pile.

If you had documents for me to REVIEW, I too would find a new doctor/lawyer if I saw your poor grammar and spelling.

You're going to go through LIFE where someone is ALWAYS BETTER than you or will be overseeing you. If you can't take constructive criticism without crying about it all the time, you will NOT get very far ahead in this world....GUARANTEED.

FPDoc77 Guest

Once again, you showing us what kind of asshole you are. You have no clue about my personal life, my financial or employment situations.

You really should improve your poor writing skills as it makes you look like a lazy, sloppy uneducated moron.

That statement is completely within bounds because you've proved to all of us here on numerous occasions via your posts.

However your post that I quoted was out of line and you should apologize.
    Are you serious? I should apologize? After all the nonsense you've spewed? I dont think I will be doing so anytime soon. The fact is Im much stronger in math and science than I am in english (much to my mothers dismay who happened to be a teacher). But the fact is I am lazy...Im not here to write an essay graded by the cat. If I need to write I can effectively...nothing more. Picking out others mistakes just seems small to me unless you are a school teacher. The fact is most physicians have very poor writing grammatical skills...its just the way our brains work. If your strength is english great. Go to a school and teach it.

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    Why are the two of you: Island Epicurean & FPDoc77 getting so butt hurt over someone calling you out on spelling/syntax errors?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

You two are acting like a couple of two year olds. Take it in stride and LEARN SOMETHING instead of being a bunch of cry babies.

Is it SO HARD to run your posts through a spell checker? This is absolutely ridiculous, I can't believe I'm seeing two babies cry over something as TRIVIAL as this.

He's RIGHT. Have you TWO been out in the REAL WORLD? Your EMPLOYER would be all over your case if you had issues with spelling and grammar!

Try coming up with a resume some time with the way you two type on here because that's the FIRST thing employers look at. GUARANTEED your application would go to the BOTTOM of the pile.

If you had documents for me to REVIEW, I too would find a new doctor/lawyer if I saw your poor grammar and spelling.

You're going to go through LIFE where someone is ALWAYS BETTER than you or will be overseeing you. If you can't take constructive criticism without crying about it all the time, you will NOT get very far ahead in this world....GUARANTEED.

My employer? LOL...it pays to be boss.

20. Default

OK....... This post seems to be getting a little out of hand........ I was just wondering what everyone thought about Grammar corrections diverting attention away from cigar issues. That is it.

You are perfectly free to correct my grammar. It is a product of my fast typing, this informal situation and my accent. That is it........ No one in life is perfect.... A wise person knows that all criticism is positive and appreciates those who try to better him.

All I am concerned about is when it diverts attention away from real cigar issues.......
    Last edited by Island Epicurean; 11-28-2005 at 09:28 PM.

Thread Information