16 40.00%
  • Wood

24 60.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glass door or Wood door

ForgedByFire Guest

glass is classy.

Moheganson Guest

I said glass because I like the looks of humidors where you can see the contents inside. Otherwise, the humidor looks like just another piece of nondescript wooden furniture in your house.

Get the glass.

If light becomes an issue you can use some glass tint film.

I like glass as well, love the look of roll on roll of cigars and the band art is nice to look at. Along as you keep them out of direct sunlight, glass is great.
    "Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."
    -- Mark Twain

Blog Entries

I have a glass humidor and I love it. My friends all have glass ones as well. I like to be able to look in and strategize which cigar I will smoke next. I know it sounds crazy, but I enjoy planning what to smoke almost as much as smoking it (well, not really, but I do enjoy that part of it.)

I do have my humidor in a cool, dark place, so not a lot of light reaches it. I have to wonder about the seal problems though, but cigar shops have almost 100% glass doors and they don't seem to have much of a problem. I want one of those nice 1000 Ct units with an all-glass front to them, so that I can see them all at once.

I had a dog, but I gave him away as soon as I started smoking cigars so that he wouldn't interfere. Same thing with the wife and kids. I warned them first, though (I'm not totally heartless!) I said, "Listen up dear and kids! If you touch my humidor, I will put you out on the street; I mean it!" Ever notice how 1 year-olds take everything so casually?? I wonder how he's doing?

(Above paragraph is meant to be humor. In truth, I still have my wife and kids, because they listened the first time.)
    puro pot pass VI loser

Default i have a glass top and wood door

Having that glass top has sparked a lot of conversations w/ guests at my house. I have
    never had a problem w/ my smokes drying out or discoloring, but it is not in direct sunlight.
    Get whatever you like best--you are going to be the one looking at it . Either way you go its going to look better than the old coolidor.

Thread Information