Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cigarsmokers Charter

1. Default Cigarsmokers Charter

As I was bored during my lunchbreak and as it was far too cold to go outside, I have drafted a draft (hm, poor grammer there... ) charter as a starting point. I have included Hex's rules on banning into it.

The idea with this is that each new (and old) member of the board should need to agree to it upon joining. Anyone who refuses would not be able to join. Let me know what you think.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cigarsmokers Charter (DRAFT)

A) Terms of Reference

1. To bring together anyone who has an interest in cigars or cigar related issues

2. To provide a platform for people fitting into point 1 above to express their views

3. To meet new people, share experience and knowledge about cigar related matters

4. To share views, knowledge and experience on non-related cigar issues but of mutual interest to various members of the board.

5. To directly influence and have a say in the membership of fellow members and actively take responsibility in monitoring and moderating the board.

B) We will always:

 Respect a member’s opinion or views
     Argue against a member’s opinion in a constructive manner

C) We will never:

 Express racist, sexist or otherwise deeply insulting / threatening remarks against a member

D) Breach of charter

D1)
     Any breach of point B above may be submitted to the board for a possible banning order the duration of which will be decided democratically through a voting system.

 Four levels of ban are in place:
     No ban
     7 days’ suspension
     30 days’ suspension
     Permanent ban

 Any breach of point C above will be submitted to the board for a possible banning order for a minimum of 30 days suspension

D2) Ground rules for putting a board member forward for a banning order:

 PM sent to Admin. Admin will review.
     If Admin deems the situation to be a banable offence then a poll will be created in the Politics forum.
     A 51% majority must rule in favor of the ban.
     At least 10 senior members must vote in the poll for results to be valid.
     The poll will be open for voting for 24 hours.

E) Agreement to the rules

I have read and understand this charter and agree to the terms of reference contained within.

I understand that this agreement is binding and necessary to my partaking as an active member of this community and that it might be used against me in case of breach.
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Sorry - this charter doesn't mean squat unless you come in here with the one thing you can't pass out when you walk in the door - RESPECT. If you don't have it, you're on your way out before you even get your coat and shoes off at the door....

3. Default

I agree but I still think that something like this would be useful in setting up some ground rules for newcomers. I did include respect in it too.

I don't know. It's just an idea that's all.

4. Default

As one of the origional members here I am not signing a fucking thing made up by anybody. If it comes down to this lame shit I will just hit the road from here ,no skin off of my dick. This reminds me of some no smoking plege paper the school sent home with my 12 yr old boy to sign. I threw it in the trash and the school called me and asked why. I told them don't send shit like that home ,it's usless as teats on a boarhog and all it does is make some hippie at school like Mr Mackey off of Southpark feel good. I told them my boy will make that decision on his own one day and some gay paper will not mean a damn thing when he is with his friends and one of them has a pack of cigs. Actually I hope he tries it and it makes him violently ill and he learns a valuable life lesson.

If you want to start goofy shit like this there are a few other cigar boards that are oozing with stupidity and bannanas to go and enjoy. I don't really care if this offends Cohibanut or other diplomatic types here but a signed paper or pledge is fucking useless where I come from . You fuck up and we vote you to the door or let you stay ,it's a pretty simple concept written in English and does not need any wordsmithing done to it.

And whoever the self appointed spelling nazi is ,there are some errors in my post . Too fucking bad as i do not posess any fucking degree of any sort.

Kevin
    The older I get ,the better I was

Like said above, its pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    As one of the origional members here I am not signing a fucking thing made up by anybody. If it comes down to this lame shit I will just hit the road from here ,no skin off of my dick. This reminds me of some no smoking plege paper the school sent home with my 12 yr old boy to sign. I threw it in the trash and the school called me and asked why. I told them don't send shit like that home ,it's usless as teats on a boarhog and all it does is make some hippie at school like Mr Mackey off of Southpark feel good. I told them my boy will make that decision on his own one day and some gay paper will not mean a damn thing when he is with his friends and one of them has a pack of cigs. Actually I hope he tries it and it makes him violently ill and he learns a valuable life lesson.

If you want to start goofy shit like this there are a few other cigar boards that are oozing with stupidity and bannanas to go and enjoy. I don't really care if this offends Cohibanut or other diplomatic types here but a signed paper or pledge is fucking useless where I come from . You fuck up and we vote you to the door or let you stay ,it's a pretty simple concept written in English and does not need any wordsmithing done to it.

And whoever the self appointed spelling nazi is ,there are some errors in my post . Too fucking bad as i do not posess any fucking degree of any sort.

Kevin
    OK Kevin.... tell us how you really feel........ LOL

I have to agree..... sounds good, but just a waste of time...... you think somebody like SFG or Amanda would really have given a shit if he/she agreed to those terms.

Maybe something more along the lines of letting new people know (when they sign up) that we "self moderate" and that if you fuck up, we as a community will do a poll and vote to ban your ass.

FPDoc77 Guest

Kevin never minces words I must say that. Got to respect it. Personally I liked the post...not sure what the fuss is about.

Quote Originally Posted by FPDoc77
    Kevin never minces words I must say that. Got to respect it. Personally I liked the post...not sure what the fuss is about.
    That's very obvious...

Blog Entries

I agree with Kevin myself. If someone said you need to sign something to post here...later.

The only rules that any Message Board ever needs, if it has 100 members or 10,000... Dont be a Jerk, and show some respect. If you have a problem with somone... Take it to the PM system, its there for a reason. No need to make some personal bullshit the entire focus of a cigar message board. Especialy when a newbie such as my self has a question about HOYO DE MONTERREY's... and is still wondering what EMS is... i mean really, there is more important shit to do on this board then bitch about some new guy that thinks he's the best and the brightest or some guy whos been here forever and thinks he's god. Really the rest of us, dont care. And i can promis you, that there are usualy more "guests" then Members lurking around the board. They are here to find out about cigars, and read about cigars. These "guest" wont register with the forums and become active members if all they see is a bunch of grown ass men that cant buck up and take an insult or just accept that shit happens.

By the way, what is "EMS" as a wrapper, and why's it different then "natural"... im so confused... Finaly starting to get learned and they throw this at me....
    Last edited by Mavido; 11-29-2005 at 11:00 PM.

11. Default

Jesus guys!!!!!!! It was only a suggestion!!!

Reading some of the stuff on here sounds as if I've committed a huge crime or faux pas or God knows what else!! Talk about respect! Jesus!

As for "signing a fucking thing made up by anybody" (beautifully put by the way, well done) this is PRECISELY the reason why I called it a draft and PRECISELY why I put it up there to discuss. Should we decide to go ahead with something like this it was nothing more than a starting point and ultimately , would have been voted upon or something. This is no more ludicrous than to have Hex present his guidelines to report/suggest someone to be banned. I just expanded on it that's all.

That's all. Now take a deep breath guys. Go for a poo or something.

This was only meant as possible guidelines to our board.

Fucking hell, looks like some of you need to smoke something seriously stronger than a cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    Like said above, its pointless.
    Not only is this pointless it is just gay
    End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavido
    The only rules that any Message Board ever needs, if it has 100 members or 10,000... Dont be a Jerk, and show some respect. If you have a problem with somone... Take it to the PM system, its there for a reason. No need to make some personal bullshit the entire focus of a cigar message board. Especialy when a newbie such as my self has a question about HOYO DE MONTERREY's... and is still wondering what EMS is... i mean really, there is more important shit to do on this board then bitch about some new guy that thinks he's the best and the brightest or some guy whos been here forever and thinks he's god. Really the rest of us, dont care. And i can promis you, that there are usualy more "guests" then Members lurking around the board. They are here to find out about cigars, and read about cigars. These "guest" wont register with the forums and become active members if all they see is a bunch of grown ass men that cant buck up and take an insult or just accept that shit happens.

By the way, what is "EMS" as a wrapper, and why's it different then "natural"... im so confused... Finaly starting to get learned and they throw this at me....
    EMS means "English Market Selection"...

Quote Originally Posted by Cohibanut

Jesus guys!!!!!!! It was only a suggestion!!!

Reading some of the stuff on here sounds as if I've committed a huge crime or faux pas or God knows what else!! Talk about respect! Jesus!

As for "signing a fucking thing made up by anybody" (beautifully put by the way, well done) this is PRECISELY the reason why I called it a draft and PRECISELY why I put it up there to discuss. Should we decide to go ahead with something like this it was nothing more than a starting point and ultimately , would have been voted upon or something. This is no more ludicrous than to have Hex present his guidelines to report/suggest someone to be banned. I just expanded on it that's all.

That's all. Now take a deep breath guys. Go for a poo or something.

This was only meant as possible guidelines to our board.

Fucking hell, looks like some of you need to smoke something seriously stronger than a cigar.

Okay - I submerged yesterday's lasagna... And if you don't mind, I'll have a beer instead of something stronger than a cigar (but I would like to smoke a Joya Antano!).

It's okay - your suggestion is not so bad. It's just we don't need written rules, especially LOTS of them, in order for this community to function well. A few simple guidelines and a lot of respect go a long way.

....and if someone gets out of line, a good ol' hanging takes care of the problem!!!

15. Default

Well that's lasagne for you! I'm more a fan of Spaghetti Carbonara myself. Better karma.

Ok, well I think I get the idea that I'm not going to get a positive consensus on this one (I'm quite perceptive like that ) so I’ll just file it in my “well-I-thought-it-was-a-good-idea” file (alongside the automated flan slicer and the hot ice cream maker) and wait until I come up with something that will really make your jaw drop!

(Not quite sure what but I’ll work on it….)

the charter probably wouldn't make much of a difference. i know i've signed up for stuff that makes you sign a statement (usually 5 pages long) before participating without fully reading it. so i say it wouldn't help.

wait! you have plans for an automated flan slicer! i want one.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Its kinda like when the cop says "you have the right to remain silent" but... I know I have to get the last word in before he slams my head ever so gently against the top of the car while putting me in the back seat.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    EMS means "English Market Selection"...
    Why thank you.

I knew that about pipe tobacco... im dumb..

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mithril
    the charter probably wouldn't make much of a difference. i know i've signed up for stuff that makes you sign a statement (usually 5 pages long) before participating without fully reading it. so i say it wouldn't help.

wait! you have plans for an automated flan slicer! i want one.
    It's very handy. I invented it when the chain on my chainsaw jammed and was left with a choice between eating a flan whole or cutting it in half with a knife. I ate it all and in the sugar rush that ensued I had a vision. Anyone want to invest?

(I had to edit the bloody thing as a spelling mistake had crept in there....)
    Last edited by Cohibanut; 12-01-2005 at 06:45 AM.

20. Default

Hmmmmmmmmm now you are making sense LOL
    The older I get ,the better I was

Thread Information