Thread: Bully?

1. Default Bully?

Hey All;

I have been doing some thinking about the Doc's comments on board members being "bullies." I though I'd share my thoughts with you, and see what you think.

It is nearly impossible to be a "bully" on an electronic forum. How could someone really intimidate someone who is hundreds of miles away? While talk of financial, career, social, political, etc. status may be designed to intimidate, I cannot see how it adds up to being a bully. (Although it can make you a jerk.)

If you really think about it, these electronic forum's are a great equalizer. Young, old, rich, poor, able or disabled, you can easily match witts and spar with someone on an electronic board. While I originally felt that some members of these online boards were being a bully, after some reflection it seems that it would be hard to bully someone on the internet. (Without threat of physical confrontation.)

While you all know how I feel about banning the Doc, I really don't agree with his "bully" statements and inferences.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

bigpoppapuff Guest

yawn.....

Seeing that makes me feel less like a man. Hence i feel the need to call out every one of his mistakes to prove that CC is not perfect. Calling CC out on a grammar error makes me feel a little bit more like I've got a pair.

4. Default

Hey, no one is perfect........ It is what we do with our imperfections that matters.

If I had a penny for every spelling mistake I make in the run of a month I could buy a box of my favorite Monte #3's.........

5. Default

I correct CC's grammer because he is nice enough to correct mine..... There are no hard feelings intended anymore........

Island I'm going to come to Canada and shove a parking meter up your ass. Was that a physical threat? Do you fell intemidated? I dont know about you but this talk of anal parking meter sex has me hot.
    Last edited by TheSilentChamber; 11-30-2005 at 08:47 PM.

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    Island I'm going to come to Canada and shove a parking meter up your ass. Was that a physical threat? Do you fell intemidated? I dont know about your but this talk of anal parking meter sex has me hot.
    LMAO!!!

-Mike

8. Default

Island I'm going to come to Canada and shove a parking meter up your ass. Was that a physical threat? Do you fell intemidated? I dont know about your but this talk of anal parking meter sex has me hot.
    Hmmmmm, not really intimidated........... Not really hot either. Although given some of the pics on your signature, I don't doubt your sincerity......
    Last edited by Island Epicurean; 11-30-2005 at 08:52 PM.

IE, I was making a joke.... Sarcasm... Give it a test drive some times.

10. Default

Oh yeah, SilentChamber, what is the "Silent Chamber"?

Island I'm going to come to Canada and shove a parking meter up your ass. Was that a physical threat? Do you fell intemidated? I dont know about you but this talk of anal parking meter sex has me hot.

[dueling banjo's begins playing]

SQUEEL PIGGY PIGGY PIGGY!

12. Default

Man Movido, you have one messed up sense of humor....... I like it.

FA!
    End of line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mavido

Seeing that makes me feel less like a man. Hence i feel the need to call out every one of his mistakes to prove that CC is not perfect. Calling CC out on a grammar error makes me feel a little bit more like I've got a pair.

LMAO!!

Hey, I say feel free to correct any errors that I make ANYTIME!! I will be a better person for it in the long run!!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    LMAO!!

Hey, I say feel free to correct any errors that I make ANYTIME!! I will be a better person for it in the long run!!!
    I dont fix anybody's errors.. I have enough of them myself..

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Island Epicurean
    I correct CC's grammer because he is nice enough to correct mine..... There are no hard feelings intended anymore........

Hey IE, guess what...

It's "GRAMMAR" and NOT "Grammer". Just to let you know. Again.

Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

bigpoppapuff Guest

......kelsey???.....

19. Default

I'm looking to kick some cyber ass.

QUOTE=cigarsarge]I'm looking to kick some cyber ass.[/QUOTE]

Remember to breathe

Thread Information