Thread: Fuente Anejo's

Question Fuente Anejo's

Do most shop's get these around the same time of year ? I've heard they come in for the Christmas season . What is the average good price for a single ? I've been watching them on cbid and they seem to be very expensive . Are they worth the hype ? I'm thinking about a road hunt to local shop's on Friday , 12/02/05 . All opinion's are alway's welcome .

Blog Entries

CLICK HERE FOR A PRICE GUIDE

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT buy these on CBid. You will pay five times MSRP.

They are worth MSRP but not much more than that. They are very good cigars. I smoked a 77 earlier this evening.

These cigars are very difficult to find.

Good luck.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Default Good advice CC!

I can't believe the price gouging that goes on with these cigars.

YES, these are a Christmas season cigar. VERY limited and VERY hard to find.

Ask at your local shop and check in frequently.

As CC pointed out in the guide, the 77 is worth $10. That is a price "suggested" by Fuente. Many places inflate prices to a truly insane level since there are many fools (sorry if you are one) that will pay upwards to $35 - $40 a piece!

A great cigar but not worth $40.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    CLICK HERE FOR A PRICE GUIDE

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT buy these on CBid. You will pay five times MSRP.

They are worth MSRP but not much more than that. They are very good cigars. I smoked a 77 earlier this evening.

These cigars are very difficult to find.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the great link , talk about thorough , it has just about every Fuente price listed . Thanks again for the help CC .

5. Default

Like CC said...They are good smokes. Don't feed the gougers. They aren't good enough to pay much over MSRP.

Default Struck out

I went to 7 legitimate cigar shops and 1 news agency that were all listed in the yellow pages and all in New Jersey . At one shop the clerk told me he was expecting them today but didn't get them , say's he'll have on Monday . 1 other shop had the gift sampler with 2 Hemi's , 2 Opus , 2 Anejo's and 2 other Fuente's for $110.00 . The rest of the shops told me that they have no idea as to when or if they'll be getting any . I also saw a couple Don Carlos samplers for $100.00 . The sentiment from the shop clerks is pretty much that Fuente send's them what Fuente wants to send and not necessarily what they need . So I guess I'll try looking in Pennsylvania on Monday if the 1 shop doesn't pan out .

I hear these are pretty reasonable over at TobaccoWorldCigars.com...
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba -NJ
    I went to 7 legitimate cigar shops and 1 news agency that were all listed in the yellow pages and all in New Jersey . At one shop the clerk told me he was expecting them today but didn't get them , say's he'll have on Monday . 1 other shop had the gift sampler with 2 Hemi's , 2 Opus , 2 Anejo's and 2 other Fuente's for $110.00 . The rest of the shops told me that they have no idea as to when or if they'll be getting any . I also saw a couple Don Carlos samplers for $100.00 . The sentiment from the shop clerks is pretty much that Fuente send's them what Fuente wants to send and not necessarily what they need . So I guess I'll try looking in Pennsylvania on Monday if the 1 shop doesn't pan out .

The problem with these particular cigars (actually, all of Fuente's rare cigars - Opus X, Hemingway Maduro's, Anejo's) is Fuente sends them to the stores when they want to - not when the store orders them. Stores do not order those types of cigars.

The good news, however - Fuente does not allow their authorized retailers to charge above their MSRP. If you see a retailer doing that, Fuente will follow up.

The problem lies in retailers that are not authorized Fuente stores, or authorized stores that purchase Fuente products from sources other than Fuente. They are permitted to do that. Fuente does discourage price gouging, but has little to say when a retailer purchases from a 3rd party source.

The key to this is - have patience. Quite frankly - if you're thinking of taking up smoking Anejo's full time you better have a very deep pocketbook. It is going to be tough to purchase any more than a few Anejo's at MSRP (maybe a box, if you're lucky) unless you have some serious connections. I have smoked a few of the Anejo's over the last couple a years - and I really like them. But I do not want to get hooked on them because I don't have deep pockets...

9. Default

What does Fuente do about taxes? Do they get upset about retailers selling above MSRP in high tax areas like Washington State? I'm just curious...

10. Default

Taxes have nothing to do with selling a stick at a fair price BEFORE tax.

Alawys remember that fuente makes nice cigars but there are way more much better options out there. I have a personal friend who sells fuente and fuente treats their retailers like SHIT. sending dreck(curly heads ect ect) with a sparce few primo boxes such as the sungrown line. If you are a real hardcore 8 a day smoker like me fuente is very low on the list of good value cigars. There are a lot of choices out there from makers who really appreciate your $ spent on their products. Yeah I got some anejos yesterday and some signature maduros but they are far and few between.
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eshaw99
    I hear these are pretty reasonable over at TobaccoWorldCigars.com...
    You vying for the "Official Poopy Stirrer" title, or what?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

12. Default

I smoked my first Opus tonight and it was very good, but not as good as the hype surrounding it in my opinion.

For anyone in the Maryland-No. Virginia-DC metro area Georgetown Tobacco got their shipment in today. They have about 3-4 different sizes of Opus', the Xtra Viejos which I assume is the same thing as the Anejo's but I could be wrong. Also they have the maduro Hemingway series and the Hemingway Short Story that looks like a candy cane w/ part natural and part maduro wrapper. They are all priced at about MSRP. I had the Robusto Opus for $11.85 plus tax.

Moheganson Guest

No, Anejos are not the same as Xtra Viejo nor are they like Hemmingways. The barber pole one you talked about is a BTL or Between The Lines. They look intriguing but they don't do much for me.

14. Default

Actually according to this site the Xtra Viejos are an Anejo series.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/inde...howtopic=14037

15. Default

Says Anejo on the band and reserva Xtra Viejo on the cello . The common name for then is "Anejos" or christmas koolaid. Sharks were 8.89 at a local yesterday, 46's were 6.70 and WoAM were 7.40. Limit 5 each
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    Says Anejo on the band and reserva Xtra Viejo on the cello . The common name for then is "Anejos" or christmas koolaid. Sharks were 8.89 at a local yesterday, 46's were 6.70 and WoAM were 7.40. Limit 5 each
    DAMN Fine Prices!
    PM sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Moheganson
    No, Anejos are not the same as Xtra Viejo nor are they like Hemmingways. The barber pole one you talked about is a BTL or Between The Lines. They look intriguing but they don't do much for me.
    the BTL is a hemingway, and and yes anejos are xtra viejo. If anejos aren't what is?

stick to the CP guide, it's correct.

i paid 10 a piece for two #50s at my local shop. they only got one box, that's all they'd sell me.

Default They're in !

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba -NJ
    I went to 7 legitimate cigar shops and 1 news agency that were all listed in the yellow pages and all in New Jersey . At one shop the clerk told me he was expecting them today but didn't get them , say's he'll have on Monday . :
    This guy came through . He had 3 sizes and a 2 stick limit . I bought the shark (#77) and the double corona (#49) . Price was about $9.00 and $11.00 each , considering the high NJ tax rate I thought it was a good deal . He also has the Hemingway Maduros , I bought 1 Classic and 1 Signature Maduro . Spent about $34.00 for the 4 smokes . I did see the "Between the lines" Hemi also - price was about $14.50 for that one . He explained to me that the Hemingway Maduro's are also only out at this time of year . Very nice shop and helpful clerk . In case anyone wants to know , the shop is called Nero's in Haddonfield , New Jersey . I'm gonna save these until my allergies clear up fully so I can get the picture on these rare smokes .

Thread Information