Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: New and Improved Newbie Sampler thread!

Hi there. Just stumbled upon this board and this thread. I'd love to give it a try. Following the thread, seems to be a back log at ggiese. Let me know who's up and I'll try the PM. I'm not too familiar with the whole web forum thing so I'll try to follow with this thread and not get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by kchunk
    Hi there. Just stumbled upon this board and this thread. I'd love to give it a try. Following the thread, seems to be a back log at ggiese. Let me know who's up and I'll try the PM. I'm not too familiar with the whole web forum thing so I'll try to follow with this thread and not get lost.
    Welcome to the forum. Now introduce yourself grasshopper. How long have you been smoking cigars, what type do you like, etc. etc.

We're a happy bunch, a curious bunch, and a protective bunch. Stick around, you'll have a grand time.

Cheers.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Fellow cigarsmokers. I must respectfully remove myself for the time being from the newbie sampler thread as my wife will be popping out twin boy newbies anytime in the next couple of weeks. Per the Dr. this afternoon, it could be tomorrow, it could be in three weeks.

So I must withdraw so not to leave a newbie swinging in the breeze waiting for my overly preoccupied self to get my act together.

I shall return, I shall continue posting, but in fairness to the rest of you and the newbies that come after I just can't be counted on to be timely and responsive for a while.

nh

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    Fellow cigarsmokers. I must respectfully remove myself for the time being from the newbie sampler thread as my wife will be popping out twin boy newbies anytime in the next couple of weeks. Per the Dr. this afternoon, it could be tomorrow, it could be in three weeks.

So I must withdraw so not to leave a newbie swinging in the breeze waiting for my overly preoccupied self to get my act together.

I shall return, I shall continue posting, but in fairness to the rest of you and the newbies that come after I just can't be counted on to be timely and responsive for a while.

nh
    Congrats, Tyler!!!

Way to go big guns.

Chris
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101
    Welcome to the forum. Now introduce yourself grasshopper. How long have you been smoking cigars, what type do you like, etc. etc.
    Thanks mauied. I'm a very casual smoker, no more than one, sometime two a week for a little more than a year. Usually just go down to the local smoke shop and grab whatever visually (and monetarily) appeals to me. Smokes I've bought more than once were AF Cuban Corona, La Gloria Cubana Torpedo and a few others. I seem to prefer the taste of a maduro with either a bottle of water or a bottle of Jack

I am interested in the newb smoke swap but I only have cash to swap
    Let me know who's next on the list once we get the backlog sorted out. From what I can gather, cigarsarge might be next.
    Last edited by kchunk; 04-11-2006 at 07:16 PM.

Congrats on the new born twins nhcigarfan!
    I have a twin sister.

Welcome to the forums kchunk,I think we have a forum for introduceing yourself instead of loading this thread up with spam so-to-speak.
    Enjoy your stay here.
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

HeadHoncho Guest

Default cigar exchange

I hope I am doing this correctly. I have PM'd ggiese and we are working on a trade of sorts. That's all for now. I'm pretty excited!

HH

Enjoy!
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHoncho
    I hope I am doing this correctly. I have PM'd ggiese and we are working on a trade of sorts. That's all for now. I'm pretty excited!

HH

We'll just see about this...

11. Post

You will definately enjoy. George set me up "real NIIIIIICE clark!"
    "...How oft it happens when one's smoking,
    The tamper's missing from it's shelf,
    And one goes with one's finger poking
    Into the bowl and burns oneself.
    If in the pipe such pain doth dwell
    How hot must be the pains of Hell!

Thus o'er my pipe in contemplation
    Of such things - I can constantly
    Indulge in fruitful meditation,
    And so, puffing contentedly,
    On land, at sea, at home, abroad,
    I smoke my pipe and worship God."

Johann Sebastian Bach - 1725 (1685-1750)

HeadHoncho Guest

I'm already salivating with anticipation!....

HH

Ok guys, we've got three members who are out of the rotation at the moment, so I'm going to suspend the Newbie Sampler Thread until we can get them back, or some new participants. I don't think it's fair to ggiese or cigarsarge to ask them to handle possible multiple trades per week. When the rotation gets back on track, we'll resume.

Eric
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

14. Default

If Eric does not mind I would like to do one more before it's suspended.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy
    Newfie and I worked out a deal and he said a M.O. is on the way today. Should be here Monday. I'll spend the weekend getting a nice package ready.
    KB finally got my MO today!!! <<insert Snoopy doing his dance here>>

Only took 9 days too!!

Thanks again KB, and I'm looking forward to that package.

I'll take care of wrz0170 - he sent me a PM. I hate to leave a brother hanging out there... You'll have to have just a little patience with me, though - I have a shipment with some cigars I'm sure you'll want to sample - they're on there way and should most likely be here by the time you send me the money.

HeadHoncho - your stuff is on da way!!! Enjoy!!!

HeadHoncho Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    I'll take care of wrz0170 - he sent me a PM. I hate to leave a brother hanging out there... You'll have to have just a little patience with me, though - I have a shipment with some cigars I'm sure you'll want to sample - they're on there way and should most likely be here by the time you send me the money.

HeadHoncho - your stuff is on da way!!! Enjoy!!!

Mmmmmm!! I can't wait! Well, it took me a while till I realized the box was being sent USPS. I actually put the number in on google and it said it was a USPS #. I read what you were putting in it, and sounds real good. Only question I have is what's an isom? I tried to look it up under the search, but couldn't figure it out. Lemme know someone!

Thanks again. Can't wait to them!

HH
    Last edited by HeadHoncho; 04-13-2006 at 10:16 PM.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHoncho
    snip.....Only question I have is what's an isom? ...snip
    Island South Of Miami

Think about it!!

HeadHoncho Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie
    Island South Of Miami

Think about it!!
    10-4....my bad!

HH

Quote Originally Posted by Eshaw99
    Ok guys, we've got three members who are out of the rotation at the moment, so I'm going to suspend the Newbie Sampler Thread until we can get them back, or some new participants. I don't think it's fair to ggiese or cigarsarge to ask them to handle possible multiple trades per week. When the rotation gets back on track, we'll resume.

Eric
    Wow. Looks like I just got under the wire. A big thanks to George for handling my trade I can't wait.

Thread Information