Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New and Improved Newbie Sampler thread!

Participants

cigarsarge (Pending - Spochimp)
    KayakinBoy (pending - drew_goring)
    ggiese (Now up!!! )
    nhcigarfan
    Eshaw99

To all interested in joining the rotation, please read:

I've received PM's recently from multiple members regarding joining the rotation. To all who've shown interest, I think it's great. However, the concept of the NST is based on the integrity of the members involved. That integrity comes from time spent on the boards, and a solid trading reputation. Without that, the newbies would have no reason to trust the participants, and the NST would be dead. I believe the NST is a great resource to any cigar board, and I believe we're off to a good start here. Therefore, I would like to establish some criteria for becoming a member of the rotation:

1. I'd like for you to have at least a year (or close to it) experience on a REPUTABLE cigar board. (i.e. No StogieChat, The Island, any just-started-up board, etc...)

2. I'd like for you to have some trading references from established members of the online cigar community. This comes with time spent on the boards.

3. I'd like to get an idea of what kind of stash you have. Now that the NST is taking off, the list is rotating through faster, and the trades are coming closer and closer together. It can dwindle your stash in a hurry (believe me, I think all of us are finding that out!).

On a side note to the members involved...if you find yourself needing to take a break from the rotation to reload, I think we're all cool with that

4. The inclusion of any new member to the rotation will have to be discussed with, and approved by the existing members. These guys have been around as long, or longer than myself, and I GREATLY value their opinion and judgement.

5. Finally, I'd like to somewhat get to know you personally, at least as much as one can over the internet. Since I'm the one who organized the NST on this board, my name is attached to it if anything goes wrong. I'm looking for members of unquestionable character.

So, to those who have expressed interest, stick around. After proving yourself to not only the members of the NST, but to the members of the board as a whole, we'd love to have you be a part of the team.
    Last edited by Eshaw99; 01-27-2006 at 11:41 PM.
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Participants

cigarsarge (Pending - Spochimp)
    KayakinBoy (pending - drew_goring)
    ggiese (Now up!!! )
    nhcigarfan
    Eshaw99
    The first post has been updated to reflect this
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

Count me in! I look forward to being part of this rotation come December 2006...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Tommy (a.k.a Bkcloud114) has agreed to join the rotation. Welcome aboard!

ok, did I just get gramps skipped...

i'm a tard...

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy
    ok, did I just get gramps skipped...

i'm a tard...
    Yes, you are

It cool though, I just rearranged the list and it's fixed now.

Woo Hoo !!!!!

Lets get this thing going..... I got Swisher Sweets and Phillie Blunts ready to go.......

George knows I got nothing but the best........
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    Woo Hoo !!!!!

Lets get this thing going..... I got Swisher Sweets and Phillie Blunts ready to go.......

George knows I got nothing but the best........
    The question is are they peach flavored Phillie Blunts cause you know those are the top of the line ones.

Default pm sent to Eshaw99

you can forward that message and/or post it in the thread if you want to

Quote Originally Posted by Eshaw99
    The first post has been updated to reflect this
    Sent a PM to George (ggiese ) I think he is next on the list.
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

Quote Originally Posted by ukyfan
    Sent a PM to George (ggiese ) I think he is next on the list.
    Got the PM - PM back atcha!!!!

Now - what is it a UKYFAN could possibly want..

13. Default

Spocimp came threw with flying colors. My end goes off tomorrow. He is gonna love this.

package will be enroute to the great north this afternoon enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy
    package will be enroute to the great north this afternoon enjoy!

Sounds great. Thanks again. Do you know what the estimated travel time is?

6-8 days.

Good deal

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Got the PM - PM back atcha!!!!

Now - what is it a UKYFAN could possibly want..
    I sent my package out this afternoon. Hopefully George will get it this weekend
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

19. Default

I have been delayed in getting Spocimp's package out. I have been undergoing a series of dental procedures. The one Monday left out of the game. It will go out tomorrow. Only one more proceedure and I'm through.

Yes....I brush my teeth. It's a heredity thing.

20. Default

Got my cigars and I am loving them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Sure, after a meal there is nothing like a good cigar." Blondie says to Tuco in acknowledging the lie he told about his Brother.
    The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Thread Information