Thread: digital photo printer

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Default digital photo printer

With the baby on the way i was thinking about picking one up.Anyone have one ,or know some points to look for.Maybe a brand you like
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/c...s&oid=54782584

We bought my dad one of those for X-mas last year. It is really nice. Just go into best buy and talk to them. about it.

The one we have prints like real pictures stright from a computer or you can just put the memory card from your camera in it. And if you put them in an album it says they will stay perfectly fine for like a 100 years. WHile others that are on normal paper only last about 2 years.

3. Default

I have an Epson R300. I don't know how good the quality is compared to other printers... I think it prints a little red when printing directly off the camera, but I'm a little anal.

I suggest looking at full size printers that can print directly from a card or via PictBridge (usb direct from the camera). Most of those dedicated photo printers are pretty crap.

4. Default

Personally, before buying one of these, I'd consider how many pictures you plan on printing per month.

The printer + ink + photo paper can be quite pricey if you're not going to use it enough to get your money's worth.

You may want to look into the cost per month to have a retailer print out your photos v.s. doing it yourself. It may be cheaper just to take the photos to a retailer instead.

Personally I'd go with the Canon printer. I've seen the quality of the photos produced on this printer against several other printers (including the Epson) and it beats them hands down.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    You may want to look into the cost per month to have a retailer print out your photos v.s. doing it yourself. It may be cheaper just to take the photos to a retailer instead.
    A buddy of mine used to have his digital prints done at the Walmart. He got very high quality prints rediculously cheap.

Thread Information