Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disreputable Retailers

Default Disreputable Retailers

Being member moderated board I would like to address disreputable retailers. I am concerned for the new members and lurkers when advertisers, such as tobaccoworld, come here and try to sell cigars and 2,3 or 4 times the MSRP. If new members/lurkers read posts and discover the members generally favorable opinions of Anejo's, opus x, etc., the new members/lurkers could get suckered into purchasing from disreputable retailers. This would undoubtedly lead to negative inferences towards our "hobby".

To this end I would like to begin a discussion about establishing a set of rules or guidelines to which retailers who choose to post on this board may be held accountable.

What I would like to see spring from this discussion is:

1. Rules or guidelines for retailers who choose to post at Cigarsmokers.com

1. A banning policy for dealing with offenders, or,

1. A black list, with a sticky, that we can refer new members or lurkers to for guidance.

I, as well as many of you, have found certain online retailers to be models of professionalism, customer service and quality. Gary, or cigar1993, comes to my mind as one who exemplifies what an online retailer should be.

So to assist in this discussion please think about what you like to see in retailers, what you have appreciated, as well as what you dislike.

Thanks, NH

2. Default

Hmm.... (I don't know how technically feasible this is, but...)

Some kind of "vendor rating system" which would would apply a bright red "hazardous retailer" or bright green "quality retailer" decal to the retailers headers. A few types of ratings may be involved (and may need to be defined on a per-retailer basis).

For example, a bright red "CHARGES OVER MSRP" might be applicable to a retailer to charges more than 1.5x MSRP or "SLOW SHIPPING" may apply to a retailer who has good prices, but it suspect on the shipping time...

Of course, the rules should be changed to reflect this rating system so no retailer cries foul.

I'm kind of averse to banning someone for posting high prices. As much as we should try to protect newbies from paying said prices, we do live in a capitalist society and if someone WANTS to pay $40 for an Opus, that's their perogative.

I think just a vendor "Scumbag" list would suffice. We can start it off with TWCIGARS and The Cigar Emporium
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

Bump - for tbscigars.

TWCigars can rot in hell...

Gary is a Kick ASS Vendor!!! And he son rocks at halo!

6. Default

If somebody charges more than suggested retail than I think whoever buys it at that price instead of checking elsewhere to see what they go for is a sucker and not a good buyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerBasketExpress2005
    If somebody charges more than suggested retail than I think whoever buys it at that price instead of checking elsewhere to see what they go for is a sucker and not a good buyer.
    True but many times the buyers don't know if they're getting ripped off and I think those vendors who do gouge regularly should have their name in lights somewhere.

Maybe this way, they'll think twice about pulling shit like that.

Or then you have shitheads like TBSCigars who may have good prices but are nothing but rude inconsiderate assholes when they posts on these boards and again should have their name in lights for that reason alone. If someone is arrogant, ignorant, irrational and rude on a cigar board, imagine what kind of shithead he'd be if you had a problem with your order?
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 12-20-2005 at 06:03 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

wow ... TBScigars is somewhere I'll never buy from, if I get ripped off from you, it's my own fault!

9. Default

Well TBS is here http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2571.html with 3 positive ratings.

Pricing is something easy to look up, but reputation and service I guess you need a site like this. Perhaps a sub-forum where people can post about vendors or something.

Well TBS is here http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2571.html with 3 positive ratings.

Pricing is something easy to look up, but reputation and service I guess you need a site like this. Perhaps a sub-forum where people can post about vendors or something.
    Well LA DE DA! No one here gives a shit about some website saying you are a good seller. The comments you said in this VERY THREAD, shows everyone why they SHOULD NEVER BUY FROM YOU! That and I personally don't like you or your stupid holy-er than now attitude.

wow, if that site says their ok, then they must be.

So Flower - is tbs your site? or a friends?

I feel like I'm going to be experiencing another necro/tobaccoworld type thing here.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy
    Well LA DE DA! No one here gives a shit about some website saying you are a good seller. The comments you said in this VERY THREAD, shows everyone why they SHOULD NEVER BUY FROM YOU! That and I personally don't like you or your stupid holy-er than now attitude.
    Buy from me? I am not a seller. My point was, go give them bad reviews there so people know.

I never said any dealers were good or bad, I was just discussing how to come up with a way to rate this kind of thing.

I was just discussing how to come up with a way to rate this kind of thing.

That's what this thread is all about. Guys, think about this over the weekend if you would. Maybe we can come up with something that is feasible and fair.

There seems to be a few trolls and POS's out there on other boards crapping on csmokers and the members. If we can collectively put together some kind of clear, unambiguous way of dealing with this problem, when members of other boards come here to check it out they will see just how wrong the trolls and POS's are.

resellerratings is a pretty highly regarded site. Problem is, it is used mostly by the tech/geek sector for hardware and software sellers. But using it is a valid suggestion if TBS is listed.

16. Default

TBScigars=TotalBullShitCigars
    Last edited by cigarsarge; 12-21-2005 at 05:32 PM.

Blog Entries

The more I think about this thread, the more I don't think a scumbag list is a good idea to host here. If someone wants to host and manage it elsewhere, I don’t have a problem linking to it.

I personally don't have the time to deal with the ramifications of every retailer who does not like the fact that they are on the list getting their panties all waded up and threatening legal action against the community.

I simply don’t want to jeopardize the community.

I'll make a final decision tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    That's what this thread is all about. Guys, think about this over the weekend if you would. Maybe we can come up with something that is feasible and fair.

There seems to be a few trolls and POS's out there on other boards crapping on csmokers and the members. If we can collectively put together some kind of clear, unambiguous way of dealing with this problem, when members of other boards come here to check it out they will see just how wrong the trolls and POS's are.
    eh. i've heard this place called 'asshatville' at cp. who really gives a shit what someone else thinks?! there's always going to be people talking shit about 'that other site.' fuggem. we obviously like it here. don't like it? don't come here/there.

Blog Entries

I don't see anything wrong with posting the facts about an experience with a certain retailer, good or bad. There is also nothing wrong or illegal about pointing out when they are gouging.

I also see absolutely nothing wrong with bringing the piss-poor attitude about a vendor to people's attention when they post lies and rude comments on cigar boards OR when they do a lousy job running their cigar site IN MY OPINION.

Someone over on CigarFamily already has a "Scumbag and Bad Trader's List" and before the owner of that list puts someone on it, he insists on proof and documentation.

I'd probably NOT favor a special forum here however if a retailer is a gouger or an arrogant, rude lying prick (like TBSCigars) then they should expect to be openly criticized. If they don't want to be criticized, they shouldn't do things that make people criticize them.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 12-21-2005 at 05:57 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Speaking of "disreputable retailers" I see one looking at this thread right now!!!

TBSCigars!!!

TBSCigars posts lies and posts "teaser" posts here about cigars he doesn't have.

No "slander" or "libel" there TBS, just plain, simple facts proven WITH YOUR OWN POSTS!!

Jusst go away......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information