Thread: Big Ups to Me

1. Default Big Ups to Me

My favorite local cigar shop has a counter instead of an open humi, so you have to tell the guy working there what you'd like and he reaches in and gets it for you (it's a bit like a jewelery counter).

So I'm going along making my selections and he suggests I try a Tatuaje. I was looking at the name in the display case asking how to pronounce it and the owner came over to give him a hand with the pronounciation. The owner says it's a really full smoke, for an experienced smoker only... Without any hesitation, the guy helping me says, "oh, he's an experienced smoker, he really know his stuff".

I was floored. I felt like I had finally made it.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    My favorite local cigar shop has a counter instead of an open humi, so you have to tell the guy working there what you'd like and he reaches in and gets it for you (it's a bit like a jewelery counter).

So I'm going along making my selections and he suggests I try a Tatuaje. I was looking at the name in the display case asking how to pronounce it and the owner came over to give him a hand with the pronounciation. The owner says it's a really full smoke, for an experienced smoker only... Without any hesitation, the guy helping me says, "oh, he's an experienced smoker, he really know his stuff".

I was floored. I felt like I had finally made it.

You should like the Tatuaje. For a domestic cigar it has a bit of that Cuban twang. I like em.

Funny how hanging around a cigar board makes you much more knowledgeable. A few years ago I did not know squat. Now at least I can carry on a decent conversation about cigars.

ForgedByFire Guest

Isn't it (tat-u-ah-hey)?

I don't know that much compared to most of you guys, but I take what I learn here and use it when I talk to friends/whoever. My friends all think I know everything because I understand the basics and can reccomend cigars to some of them based on what I know they've tried already etc. I know I'm still a newb, but they think I'm a genius and it makes me feel all warm inside.

Chuck......

It's nice to know that other people can recognize your accomplishments.....

It is good to see that these BB do serve a purpose..... other than read some stupid poll about spelling grammar......

Keep up the good work..... spread your knowledge to others

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedByFire
    Isn't it (tat-u-ah-hey)?
    Hukt onn foniks wurkt fore mi

Thread Information