Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UT vs. USC

Default UT vs. USC

Predictions?

Blog Entries

I just hope Texas wins. This oughta be a great game!!!
    HOOK 'EM HORNS
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I predict one of the Texas band's Howdy Doody hats will fly onto the field at a crucial moment, and result in a controversial call. There will be an outcry for a playoff system.
    End of line.

UT by 14 points.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Default Heismann??

It's gonna be tight. UT by a field goal.

Any predictions on the Heismann? I like Bush. Young's politicking looks pretty second-rate IMO.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil

Any predictions on the Heismann? I like Bush. Young's politicking looks pretty second-rate IMO.
    Vince Young throws sidearm and has like a million interceptions, he will not play one down in the NFL as a quarterback.
    End of line.

I don't know who will win, but I'm pretty sure the score will be something like 97-89
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

I predict one team will get blown out by the other
    End of line.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by basil

Come on now.....USC by 14 and Bush runs away with Heisman, 3 National Titles, and the millions in the PROS.

Vince will go pro, no doubt about it. Him starting, I don't know, but I think probable. He is the best quarterback in college football, hands down. He'll improve next year at that. I think the chance of UT's defense stopping USC is better than USC's chance of stopping UT. For that reason, I have to go with the Longhorns beating USC in a close game. I haven't watched Bush enough to say he should win the Heisman and the voting will be over before the big game.
    Last edited by cls515; 12-07-2005 at 11:05 PM.

Blog Entries

You know I got to root for the FSU grad.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    You know I got to root for the FSU grad.

I heard that.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cls515
    Vince will go pro, no doubt about it. Him starting, I don't know, but I think probable. He is the best quarterback in college football, hands down. He'll improve next year at that. I think the chance of UT's defense stopping USC is better than USC's chance of stopping UT. For that reason, I have to go with the Longhorns beating USC in a close game. I haven't watched Bush enough to say he should win the Heisman and the voting will be over before the big game.

Your on crack buddy as calling Vince the best in the nation. Come on now, your telling me he's better than leinart or brady quinn. Get serious. DJ Shockley is better, Chris Leak is better, shall I continue. Kevin Kolb from Houston is a better QB then Vince.
    This will be funniest thing I have seen/heard today. Appreciat it man.

BTW, your lack of watching Bush is the reason you have come to your conclusion. Watch both then decide.

Quote Originally Posted by cameroncouch02
    Your on crack buddy as calling Vince the best in the nation. Come on now, your telling me he's better than leinart or brady quinn. Get serious. DJ Shockley is better, Chris Leak is better, shall I continue. Kevin Kolb from Houston is a better QB then Vince.
    This will be funniest thing I have seen/heard today. Appreciat it man.

BTW, your lack of watching Bush is the reason you have come to your conclusion. Watch both then decide.
    Wow...

Are you sure you were watching the same DJ Shockley and Chris Leak I've been watching?? Kevin Kolb???

Sounds a bit like a homer post
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

15. Default UT vs. USC

Quote Originally Posted by Eshaw99
    Wow...

Are you sure you were watching the same DJ Shockley and Chris Leak I've been watching?? Kevin Kolb???

Sounds a bit like a homer post
    Lets see.

DJ Shockley 153-277 55.2% 2311Yards 21TD 5 Int comes out to a QB Rating of 146.7

Chris Leak 210-314 62.9% 2361Yards 18TD 6 Int comes out to a QB Rating of 136.4

Their stats are still Top Stats. But seriously, Vince will not win because you have old school voters who would rather see the typical pocket passing quarterback win it then the new style QB. But still Reggie Bush returns, rushes and catches the ball man. You can't touch that.

I saw Kevin Kolb play at high school lelve when he played for Stephenville. The kid has talent. Im just trying to show unreal it is to conceive Vince as the best QB in the nation.

Also noted you couldnt say that Vince was better than Leinart or Quinn. My point proven.

16. Default

Even more push for BUSH!!! The video was post on DEC. 2

http://www.trojanwire.com/football/reggie-bush/

I never argued that he was better than Leinart or Quinn (although a lot of the talking heads on TV would argue they're both better than Leinart) I also noticed you didn't list any Kevin Kolb stats...

Quote Originally Posted by cameroncouch02
    My point proven.
    If that helps you feel better about yourself, more power to you

Cameron, Vince's completion is better, and I bet he has more total yards too. Yeah, I still think he is the best quarterback in college football. Probably the best since Vick.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cls515
    Cameron, Vince's completion is better, and I bet he has more total yards too. Yeah, I still think he is the best quarterback in college football. Probably the best since Vick.
    Dude, Vick wasn't even a good quarterback in college. He has shown promise at the NFL level of being so-so on throwing, but depends heavily on his legs to make plays. The one thing Vince and Vick will have common is the short shelf-life from taking the punishing hits. I know everyone will probably say that Vince is too quick to get I might remind you that everyone said that about Vick. How many times has he gone down with injuries. It WILL happen at the NFL level if you rely too much on your legs to throw the ball. While Vince has shown more promise throwing the ball, all we can do is guess at what his NFL career will be. Only time will tell. The best quarterback since Vick? I'd take Carson Palmer over Vick anyday. Throwing quarterback's will always be a step ahead of run-pass quarterbacks in the NFL.

I'll go ahead and renig my previous statement and call out Vince and say that he is the best quarterback ever to play collegiate football.

Thread Information