Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe
    Ok how do you pronounce Padron

Paid-drun or Pah-drone?

pah-drone...

bigpoppapuff Guest

it'll only leave me a broken man.......

.......again.......

Moheganson Guest

How do I get the cigar smell out of my car?

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Moheganson

stop smoking cigars in the car is too easy........get hundreds of those scented hangy-things....it won't work and you'll look foolish....there's a better answer...

BPP I want some raisins. Can I have some of yours?
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

Quote Originally Posted by Moheganson
    Don't let Monica ride shotgun unless she's wearing her panties, which probably isn't often.

Moheganson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    stop smoking cigars in the car is too easy........get hundreds of those scented hangy-things....it won't work and you'll look foolish....there's a better answer...
    Thank you o' wise one

If a band moves freely on the cigar, does this mean it's too dry. I keep my humi at 65% with a little help from the beads and a digital hygrometer that is accurate. "Inquiring minds want to know."

In my experience, a band that moves freely on the cigar is the hallmark of a well-aged stick.

Provenance...

:b

bigpoppapuff Guest

in most cases,the band that moves too freely was probably meant to be put on a larger ring gauge cigar...or,the guy that put it on ,put it on too loose....

Blog Entries

Now that I've gotten a lot more experience smoking cigars, I'm ready to create my own blend. What cigars should I use as source for my filler, binder, and wrappers? I am prefering something in a Honduras Maduro, but I don't want to rule out something Spanish.
    puro pot pass VI loser

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by illilli
    Now that I've gotten a lot more experience smoking cigars, I'm ready to create my own blend. What cigars should I use as source for my filler, binder, and wrappers? I am prefering something in a Honduras Maduro, but I don't want to rule out something Spanish.

i would get a good honduran maduro cigar.....take it apart and put it back together again...and,call it your own......who would know???..

BPP, I need your help. I placed my H. Upmann next to an Olivia in the humidor some time back and they married. This never happened before with other cigars, but apparently, this particular Upmann had a big long vein and a larger ring gauge than all the other cigars in the humi.

At any rate, one day I found the Upmann had moved over next to the Havana Honeys and started frequenting the Rum Runners. The Upmann had removed it's band. Now the Olivia tastes sour and bitter and the cigarillos are developing problems.

What to do? What to do?

bigpoppapuff Guest

first point....it's OLIVA....you're sneaking an "i" in there....they tend to be sluts,and upmanns are not choosy......just be happy they didn't make a mi cubano....if ever there was a short bus cigar.......

That's a relief. Thanks for the help fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    first point....it's OLIVA....you're sneaking an "i" in there....they tend to be sluts,and upmanns are not choosy......just be happy they didn't make a mi cubano....if ever there was a short bus cigar.......

Oliva? No "I"? Wait a minute! No wonder he left her! She's nothing but a fraud! She was probably sour and bitter from the start. Just trying to pretend to be a quality stick!

Huh..... I never made the connection...

Thanks Mr. BPP, you're a lifesaver!

bigpoppapuff Guest

top for all the newbs.........and because i'm an attention whore.......

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Default Dear Mr BPP

I have a problem. Maybe you can provide some advice!

A guy on this board told me to try Hemmingway Short Story. I found a great deal from a guy who swears they are real, but because that brand wasn't allowed in Canada, he said he had to remove all the bands and package them in a plain cardboard box. He sold me 200 cigars for $25 USD and only added on $250 for shipping and handling.

1. Did I get a good deal?
    2. What end should I light??
    3. Will it matter if there's Scotch tape on some of them to fix the cracks in the outside?

bigpoppapuff Guest

newfienoob.....yes...you got yourself one heck of a deal....and a good thing is that you can and should light either end.....regarding the scotch tape...it is an old nova scotian custom...obviously they didn't have paste,so they used the tape instead.....

i do suggest you take a few hours and read this entire thread...lots of really good,inciteful info.....

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Awesome info BPP. Thanks for the superquick reply.

One more question, if I may.

If this is such a good deal as you say, I shouldn't have any trouble trading some for some of those ISOM I read so much about, or those fancy Opus ones.

I've searched lots of sites for ISOM and can't seem to find that brand. Any ideas where I'd find some????

Thread Information