Thread: Most expensive cigar?

Blog Entries

Default Most expensive cigar?

People who know me from the board know that I am a connoisseur of a good cigar. Once of my main points in reviewing a cigar (on a more personal level) is the price. If it’s too expensive I'll usually look the other way. That being said: What is the most expensive cigar you have smoked? Was it worth its price?

the most expensive cigar i've smoke was those pinar 3000 which were $24 each. i say they were not worth it. great cigar, but i've had better for cheaper

what about you?
    Last edited by Drake; 03-03-2005 at 12:15 PM.

Default I would have to say........

mine would have been a Padron Anniversario. I think I paid around $15.00 for it a few years ago.

Would I buy them again? Not likely. Not unless I win the lottery.

Don't get me wrong. They are excellent cigars. But I have difficulty paying such prices for a cigar.

I was in a local shop recently and inquired about sun grown wrapped cigars and the gentleman pointed out a Davidoff at $22.00. I nearly hemoraged!

As Drake said, there are others that are better for a cheaper price!

Most expensive cigar i ever smoked was a birthday gift from my brother, a five pack of Cohiba sublimes ( around 40 bucks a stick ). was it an Incredible cigar? Absolutely. Impecible construction, draw, aroma, and combustion? you bet. Did it cause my knees to buckle and did it bring a tear to my eye when i finally had to put her to rest? You better believe it. Was it worth its price?

Nope

I do, however, suggest you try at least one of these smokes in your lifetime.
    With glasses high, we raised a cry - freedom had arrived

La Aurora 100 Anos Belicoso. Was it worth the money? I think so! Could I afford to smoke more then a couple of them in my lifetime? Probably not:(

I smoke Opus on a fairly regular basis. No, it isn't worth the price, but I get to say I am smoking an Opus (LOL!).

Most expensive I ever smoked was a pre-embargo RyJ I had while staying at the Venetian last August. I got it at the Davidoff store for a smidgeon over $400.

Quote Originally Posted by cockyhoskins
    I smoke Opus on a fairly regular basis. No, it isn't worth the price, but I get to say I am smoking an Opus (LOL!).

Most expensive I ever smoked was a pre-embargo RyJ I had while staying at the Venetian last August. I got it at the Davidoff store for a smidgeon over $400.
    for one?!!

Yes. I had my wife with me, so I had expendable money. (I couldn't partake of my normal vices!!! LOL!)

Anyways, you know how it is in Vegas. All sense of reality goes away.

Blog Entries

I guess if your going to spend $400 on a cigar Vegas is the place to do it.

Macanudo, 1868, Vintage 1997 for 11.60. I rated it about a 95. Would I buy it again, sure!

When I was overseas, I did buy Cuban Cohiba's on a regular basis....I don't recall the dollar exchange and member discount (I was quite the regular), between "dinar" (currency in Saudi Arabia) and U.S. My guess would be about 15.00 to 24.00. Worth the price, you bet!!!!!!
    Would I buy again, in a heartbeat......

Thread Information