Thread: Padron 1964 Anniversary Diplomatico Maduro

Default Padron 1964 Anniversary Diplomatico Maduro

I'm sure this has been reviewed before, but hope you don't mind if I give my take on it.

Padron 1964 Anniversary Diplomatico Maduro

Size: 50 x 7

Construction: Box-pressed perfection. Smooth, silky dark brown wrapper with the plum just starting to form. Solid roll.

Pre-light: Taste a delicious mix of cedar, tobacco and cocoa. Sweet, earthy aroma. Medium draw.

Burn: Lit evenly. Very solid silver-gray ash tinged with charcoal gray.

Drink: Medium-bodied Columbian coffee with cream and sugar

Smoking Notes: This is one of my all time favorite cigars. The Padron 1964 Anniversary Diplimatico, in my opinion, is one of the cigars that all other cigars can be measured by. There are several medium to full-bodied smokes out there that are flavorful, but practically none of them could be handled by a beginner. I think this one can.

This cigar achieves the rare quality that so few other smokes achieve. It has the highest level of overall flavor without being too strong. It is very sweet, but not too sweet. It has cocoa and hints of dark chocolate, but these flavors do not dominate. This has to be one of the most perfect blends ever achieved. It's packed with tons of flavor that will satisfy a seasoned smoker, hook a beginner, and even get compliments from non-smoking passers-by.

It's the perfect mix of sweet cocoa, dark chocolate, creamy coffee, a little leathery, earthy with creamy, rich, dark Nicaraguan tobacco all perfectly complimenting each other.

They're a little pricey at MSRP of $15, but worth every penny in my opinion. Get one as a gift to yourself.
    Smoke 'Em If Ya Got 'Em and if you don't, Get 'em at:
    http://www.buyshakespeares.com

2. Talking

My first impression just feeling the cigar was that it was rolled to tightly. I was worried about the draw. What I discovered was an amazing cigar with a great draw.It had a full body flavor with hints cedar. The finish was very smooth. The process of smoking it was pure joy. This has become one of my favorite cigars. I am giving it a rating of 95 out of 100.
    "Sure, after a meal there is nothing like a good cigar." Blondie says to Tuco in acknowledging the lie he told about his Brother.
    The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Thread Information