Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Free Cigars for everybody

Another 200 went out today. We'll be sending another newsletter Thursday or Friday. It pays to stay signed up for the newsletter to get cool things like 20% off coupons.

Looking forward to the reviews in the next few days. Thanks guys.
    Smoke 'Em If Ya Got 'Em and if you don't, Get 'em at:
    http://www.buyshakespeares.com

Mine arrived today. I look forward to lighting it up soon.

Dam, no sign of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    Dam, no sign of mine.
    here either. But I haven't received email notification it was coming either. dunno.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil
    here either. But I haven't received email notification it was coming either. dunno.
    I never got the e-mail notification...I was actually surprised when the wife dropped it on the desk today.

Blog Entries

I got mine today. I'm letting it sit in the humi a few and then I'll give it a try.

i smoked mine last night. the construction was sub par. there were a couple spots that swelled out a bit. the wrapper cracked in three places as i burned it. i used my disposable v-cutter on it and its draw was like that of a Cuban; a little loose. The flavor was ok. The wrapper had an exellent creamy taste as most Connecticut naturals do. But, the filler had somewhat of a harshness to it, similar to a helix, but not as bad. The harshness went away at the half way point. The last inch got a little sour. I couldn’t smoke the end of it. Overall, on the CA scaled, I give it 80.

edited for spelling
    Last edited by Drake; 01-16-2006 at 04:39 PM.

got mine today, nice looking maduro wrapper. can"t wait to smoke it.

I smoked mine tonight - Even burn , wrapper split near the cap - nice draw - decent smoke . I liked it but I probably wouldn't buy a box , maybe try a 5 pack or a sampler to see what else they have . Never harsh , just a mild tobacco taste with good flavor , no bitterness . It's definitely better then the Free Cuba torpedo I had the other day . I have no idea what these cost but I'd say they're worth about $3 -$4 each .

Sorry to take so long getting to smoke this thing.

Robusto Vintage Maduro

Nice stick. The foot was a tad lose looking, but other than that it was a nice looking cigar. Fired it up. Lots of smoke, easy draw, burned cool. I liked it. It was a mild/medium, leaning mild smoke but it had a bit of spice to it. I find most mild smokes bland and tasteless, but this had a nice taste to it. A bit of an uneven burn when it started off, but it got under control. No splitting.

I would smoke one again. My normal choice is something on the full side, but this was pretty good.

I had another one this morning. Aged for a month in the humi- much better this time around.

Hey, I have not received samples yet. Is it just me? Is it because I already ordered before the free offer? What gives?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

12. Default

I smoked my free sample over the weekend.

I had the maduro.
    Not a bad little stick.
    I kind of expected it to be more novelty than anything else, but it was quite flavorful.
    The draw was pretty tight though... (I like my cigars like my Nicaraguan hookers)

I'd definitely try another if I could get them locally.... Might be tempted to buy a fiver...

I got my order today (not free but I was delighted nonetheless) and want to say big thank you to Shakespeare. Even though it took a while to get here, that wasn't their fault, it was the post office/shipping to the north. They shipped I believe the day after I placed the order. It was great not to pay any customs fees, as the company that shipped the package had a name that, combined with the plain packaging, made it seem like I was ordering something dirty..like anal beads. Customs never touched it and I didn't pay a cent to pick it up. The punch cutter that was included is pretty neat too. I'll post a review when I smoke one.

I ordered that same 8pack about a week ago. I'm anxious to try it out. What did you think of them?

I haven't tried one yet. They arrived in great shape, but I figure after a couple weeks in the postal system I'm going to let them rest a bit in the humi first. Self-control is hard.

How was the border on them as far as duty goes? What method did they use to ship? I think mine were shipped on the 24th.

Blog Entries

Shakespeare Vintage Maduro Robosto, Signature Series
    As promised, here is my review of the Shakespeare cigar that I received.

The look of the cigar is a nice dark leaf, good construction and even color for a maduro. It had a very bland smell, nothing very pleasant like many maduros that I have smoked. Cutting off the cap gave me no problems. First draw was easy. Plenty of smoke. I got a hint of grass in first draw and then a light tobacco taste. Nothing empowering or strong however an Ok taste. Still hints of grass in the tobacco. Nothing unpleasant.

The smoke has a nice smell to it.

As I get a 1/8 into the cigar the grassy taste is mostly gone. The cigar takes on a better taste, like a typical Maduro…not very powering, however still nice and easy. So far, it’s even smoke, no problems, not really a special smoke. No spice or definite flavor. Still mild and pleasant, the smoke is a little sweet and calming.

About a quarter the way down and still nothing definite in the taste. Only one minor correction so far so mostly an even smoke.

As I got closer to the middle of the cigar the taste starting to get a little harsher and the minor sweetness in the smoke was leaving.

Half way down the Cigar the taste changes a lot. A more harsher and burning taste then anything. Not unpleasant, however odd change for a maduro. Smoke is changing a little bit…almost has the sent of smokeless tobacco.

Still a little harsh as I passed the half way point, however the nice pleasant taste started coming back with a very slight spice taste to the cigar, not very alarming, just very slight. The smoke returned to pleasant sweet smell.

Taking the wrapper off, I had to tear around it just like the Opus wrappers. I wonder what “Super-Wrapper” glue everyone uses.

Just slightly past the halfway mark and the grass taste returns. The harsh taste comes back. I feel like I’m smoking a blade of grass. As I kept smoking the taste starting to get worse and getting very harsh, not very pleasant.

I had to stop smoking about the ¾ mark because the taste wasn’t good at all. More of the grass flavor was returning with the harsh taste added in.

My impression was this was a descent smoke. I wouldn’t get a box, however I wouldn’t mind trying a 5 pack and allowing some age on the cigar to see how well it ages. As I was smoking it, I was thinking most of the time this really needed some age.

18. Default

Thanks for the review. Gonna rest mine for a while longer.

looKs liKe they lost my address.

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring
    How was the border on them as far as duty goes? What method did they use to ship? I think mine were shipped on the 24th.
    I paid no duties and the package wasn't opened. It was sent USPS Priority Mail. They are sent under the same name that they bill your CC, so there is nothing to identify the package as containing tobacco.

Thread Information