Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Ridiculous Will This CBid Go?

1. Default How Ridiculous Will This CBid Go?

Geez, look at how much the Opus XXX Power Ranger is going for...

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=311388

No wonder internet gougers exist! I can't believe people are willing to pay over 3X MSRP for this cigar...

2. Default

Even with the huge Canadian taxes I can still get those for about a third of the price!
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

First I thought ya'll were nuts - then I saw it was for a single. Unbelievable.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by basil
    First I thought ya'll were nuts - then I saw it was for a single. Unbelievable.

We pay 16 a stick over at our B&M don't we Ted??

Blog Entries

I bought 3 of these guys last night for $10.50 a pop. First time the local shop got any in. I'm thinking about going back and buying some more.

I'm thinking of starting my own cigar auction site.

There's a sucker born every minute...and they seem to like cigars.

Cigar Size: 4.6" x 48 ring

$30 bucks for about a 45 minute smoke.... It better make me dinner, give me a glass of scotch and a blow job at that kinda price.

Check there for 5ers of Anejos - also check for the Fuente holiday sampler . To bad you can't sell cigars on Ebay . You can get some good deals there as long as what you're looking for isn't all the rage currently .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba -NJ
    Check there for 5ers of Anejos - also check for the Fuente holiday sampler . To bad you can't sell cigars on Ebay . You can get some good deals there as long as what you're looking for isn't all the rage currently .
    Oh yeah Bubba, their Aņejo auctions go out of control

The cigars almost always wind up going for THREE TIMES MSRP

If you hang around cigar boards long enough making friends and contacts, you should never have to pay insane prices for Opus X, Aņejos, etc.....
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

castro's back room in Manchester NH has those fuente samplers for 110

Quote Originally Posted by Island Epicurean
    Even with the huge Canadian taxes I can still get those for about a third of the price!
    Damn where do you shop? I might save enough to be worth the airfare. I drove up to Calgary (better prices than my hick-ass city) and saw some in a little shop in the mall for like $51. I figured they were gouger bastards so I went to Sheffield & Sons and they were like $49. So I gave up.

12. Default

A local shop had two boxes on sale for $18 Can per stick! Not really thinking I just bought 5 of em'. After seeing this outrageous post, I went back last night and they were all gone. But, I did pick up a few Punch cigars for $4 each and a few Guantenamera Cristales Tubos for $5. They also had a few RYG Cedros de Luxe #2's for $10, So I bought what they had left.

I think they make most of their money on the regular priced cigars though. $38 for a Montecristo #3! It would be cheaper to fly to Cuba!

You may not know this, but how much is a Montecristo #1 where you live? I was just wondering because they are crazy expensive here.

Blog Entries

You may not know this, but how much is a Montecristo #1 where you live? I was just wondering because they are crazy expensive here.
    Good question, I've never seen one in a shop in the USA. I think they're illegal here but I'm not sure......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

14. Default

I think you can get the Dominican version in the US, but I have never tried a Dominican Montecristo. While I hear good things about them, since there is no embargo here in Canada most shops just stock the Cuban version. Also, since CC has not seen any of them, I am guessing they are either not popular or unavaliable in the US.

A Montecristo #1 can cost upwards of $70 Cad per stick here. I have heard that there are some stores in Canada which sell for less, but I have never seen any.

Has anyone ever tried the Dominican Montecristo #1?

15. Default

Dominican Regular line Monte's are overpriced flavorless chump sticks smoked by posers who drive mid size 6 cylinder type SUV's and wear wimmens panties. If one of these girly men ever smoked a Joya de Nicargua 1970 surely they would vomit and pass out. 'nuff said
    The older I get ,the better I was

16. Default

Hmmmmm, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Kevin doesn't like Dominican Montecristo's.......

Hmmmmm, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Kevin doesn't like Dominican Montecristo's.......
    I am getting sick of your presumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    Dominican Regular line Monte's are overpriced flavorless chump sticks smoked by posers who drive mid size 6 cylinder type SUV's and wear wimmens panties. If one of these girly men ever smoked a Joya de Nicargua 1970 surely they would vomit and pass out. 'nuff said
    LMFAO!! I gotta JdN Gran Consul from the trick or treat pass that growls at me every time I get too close to the humi. Gonna sneak up on that bastard pretty soon on the near future.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Moheganson Guest

I think you can get the Dominican version in the US, but I have never tried a Dominican Montecristo. While I hear good things about them, since there is no embargo here in Canada most shops just stock the Cuban version. Also, since CC has not seen any of them, I am guessing they are either not popular or unavaliable in the US.

A Montecristo #1 can cost upwards of $70 Cad per stick here. I have heard that there are some stores in Canada which sell for less, but I have never seen any.

Has anyone ever tried the Dominican Montecristo #1?
    You asked about Cuban Montecristo #1s, CC gives you an answer then you make it look like you're talking about Dominican ones?

What gives?

I've tried the Dominican Montecristo #1s and they suck.

20. Default

I was actually originally interested in the Cuban version. Since I am Canadian, they are perfectly legit here. I forgot that you cant get them in the US. After reading CC's post I did some searching and realized that you can get Dominican Montecristo's, but I have never seen any. I figured some of the American's would have tried them.

Thanks for the reviews, I will definitly stay away from em!

Thread Information