Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xbox 360

1. Default xbox 360

not that im really wanting one... but does any one know why they keep running out of xbox 360's... i dont understand how they are making money selling 25 at a time for 400 bucks a piece when they could sell 100's at time for 300 bucks

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohnson
    not that im really wanting one... but does any one know why they keep running out of xbox 360's... i dont understand how they are making money selling 25 at a time for 400 bucks a piece when they could sell 100's at time for 300 bucks
    First off, you should know that the money is not made in selling the decks but rather in your game sales. As for your question, I have no idea. I will wait for the next generation ps2 to come out.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohnson
    They keep running out because they pushed the product to market for a Christmas release.

Why would they sell them for $300 when they can sell out at $400? They just can't produce stock quickly enough...

We should stop this discussion now unless we want tobaccoworld or tbscigars coming here and trying to sell us xbox 360s at a price between 798 and 1197 each. (2 to 3 times msrp per stick er... I mean box).

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    They just can't produce stock quickly enough...
    the first product run was 3 million! I think i'll wait for 360 halo edition... I wait for halo edition xbox lol.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    We should stop this discussion now unless we want tobaccoworld or tbscigars coming here and trying to sell us xbox 360s at a price between 798 and 1197 each. (2 to 3 times msrp per stick er... I mean box).
    yea... good point search engines... can we delete this thread...

This question quickly has no meaning (no offense) considering the fact that the XBox360s actually cost around $550 just in parts to make. Microsoft makes money from the games and the Xbox Live service. Also, video game wholesale is around 90% of the retail cost. This is why most retailers sell used games as well; the profit margin in used games/consoles is higher than new. Msoft is probably making money on partnership deals to allow certain types of online retailers onto XLive as well, such as music or video downloading sites. (All of this information is off the top of my head from magazine articles, mostly from GameInformer; subject to verification)

As a side note, when the Nintendo GameCube came out in the US, they were actually manufactured in Japan. Mass shipping problems contributed to a huge release shortage that time. Not always the company's fault.
    Last edited by TheVitaleMob; 12-22-2005 at 05:36 AM.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Pomegranates: 0
    Funky Chickens: 2

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheVitaleMob
    This question quickly has no meaning (no offense) considering the fact that the XBox360s actually cost around $550 just in parts to make. Microsoft makes money from the games and the Xbox Live service. Also, video game wholesale is around 90% of the retail cost. This is why most retailers sell used games as well; the profit margin in used games/consoles is higher than new. Msoft is probably making money on partnership deals to allow certain types of online retailers onto XLive as well, such as music or video downloading sites. (All of this information is off the top of my head from magazine articles, mostly from GameInformer; subject to verification)

As a side note, when the Nintendo GameCube came out in the US, they were actually manufactured in Japan. Mass shipping problems contributed to a huge release shortage that time. Not always the company's fault.

Microsoft has yet to turn profit on the Xbox since its release. I think thats crazy. Since game contracts are where the money is at. It's been hard to take anything away from Sony. Now the box rivals the PS2, and I hope it has a lot of success. I enjoy the PS2 more for one reason, and thats Socom. A game that will never be released on Xbox since its made by Sony. So good luck to Xbox.

Who gives a crap about the xbox or the PS2 anyway? Oooohh wow the graphics will be a little bit better. The Revolution will be hundreds of dollars cheaper and will actually offer something new in video games. We've reached the point where better graphics don't necessarily make the games better. It was different when Mario 64 came out because the 3D made it a different experience, but what does the Xbox do?
    End of line.

10. Default

If the Revolution has that motion-sensitive controller, I am SO getting one!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    If the Revolution has that motion-sensitive controller, I am SO getting one!
    It does, and it will kick ass. It will only be limited to the ideas that designers can come up with for it. IGN has a pretty cool video showing how it could be used. Just think of first person shooters, can't wait. To top it off, it will supposedly be under 200 bucks.
    End of line.

12. Default

Like all things console, I'll believe it when I see it. :)

The Game Cube is supposed to have some spectacular games, though... I don't have one myself, but I hear they're a favorite...

What is "The Revolution" a new game-cube?

sorry I'mm a little behind the curve on these.

14. Default

The Revolution is Nintendo's next game console...

I would have to say that 360 is the most amazing gaming experience I have ever had. I got one for Christmas and have been hooked since. I have yet to hear anything about the Revolution, but I have heard about PS3 and am at the top of a waiting list for one.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF150
    I would have to say that 360 is the most amazing gaming experience I have ever had. I got one for Christmas and have been hooked since. I have yet to hear anything about the Revolution, but I have heard about PS3 and am at the top of a waiting list for one.
    The Revolution is really the only next-gen console I'm interested in.

I have a PS2 and really haven't seen any REAL improvement in the PS3 or Xbox360. There's a little more eye candy, but I really don't think the PS2 is really being well-utilized.

Really, when I look for a new game, I look for interesting plot and game dynamics. After all, I had more fun with old Sierra games on my 286 than all my Playstation games combined.

17. Default

I got a 360 the night they came out and now have nine games for it, one including Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, which is amazing. I am truly impressed where gaming has gone in the last 10 years, and can't wait for the PS3.

I think game consoles are a waste if you own a PC. Get one for the kids. My son is always playing on the PC and ignoring his PS2 and Xbox. The PC games just tend to be better. Strategy and role playing games are always more immersing that the mindless action games. A "good" FPS (ex. Half Life Series) can be enthralling, but those are kind of few and far between.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

PC games are gay now because it is now a requirement for a game on a PC to be a first person shooter. They were cool when Sierra was big and when SSi was making TSR games.
    End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWidow
    PC games are gay now because it is now a requirement for a game on a PC to be a first person shooter. They were cool when Sierra was big and when SSi was making TSR games.
    Leisure Suit Larry! Damn I miss those games!
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

Thread Information