I had a really bad day today so as a treat I went to my local tobacconist and bought this years #2 rated cigar(cigar aficionado). La Aurora 100 Anos is a dominican republic cigar. The Filler Binder and Wrapper are all produced in the Dom. Rep.
I told him I was planning on smoking it when i got home so he said he would cut it for me and he went and pulled out the nicest V cutter I have ever seen. Well, when i got home I made sure to toast the foot with a match, then with the second match I lit it up. I was totaly shocked at how smooth a cigar those first few puffs were. My friend sparked up a Quintero at the same time, and judging from the size difference I was expecting something harsher, stronger... Even the smell of the cigar before lighting was stronger then the quintero. I was fascinated by the ashes the cigar created, even after just a few minutes and puffs... I have never seen ash so arrow straight and unscathed! It lasted well over an inch before the weight of itself made the ash fall. The smoothness didn't flucuate until the last quarter of the cigar, at which point it grew distinctivly richer. The whole cigar was so perfect and tightly rolled, that even when I was burning my lips taking the last few drags the shape of the head never faltered! The consistency of the ash never changed once through the whole experience. I let it sit, and simmer numerous times through the 2 hours I enjoyed this smoke, and even after 5 minutes the cherry would fire up like I had never put it down. The V cut allowed me to get consistent draws throughout the length of the Aurora.

The flavour and intensity were balanced just right. I thoroughly enjoyed the entier smoke. I now know why it is considered one of the best for the year and I would recommend buying a couple of these for your humidor. A few years of aging could do nothing but improve the smoke of these! I took the band off before even lighting it cause not only did I know I would smoke past that point, but they were all individualy numbered.