Thread: Cigars for Dad

Post Cigars for Dad

Okay guys and gals I need some input.
    I am going to see my dad up north (Oak Ridge Tennessee area) and want to take along a few good cigars for him. My problem may be that he has for decades only smoked AyC Grenadiers (yuk) before that he smoked Tampa Nuggets. Any suggestions on some cigars to take to him that will lean him towards quality cigars and away from the machine rolled things.
    Here is the list of what I have assembled so far -

Romeo and Julieta Reserva Real
    Torano Signature
    Torano Exodus 1959 Gold
    Torano Exodus 1959 Silver
    Torano 1916
    Cuesta Rey Aristocrat
    Cuesta Rey Centro Fino Sungrown
    Bolivar Toro
    Patrtegas No. 8 Maduro
    Partegas No. 10
    La Gloria Cubana Reserva Figurados
    H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon
    La Aurora Cetros
    Punch After Dinner
    Don Lino Africa Punta Millia

Since I am not leaving for another week. I thought I might pick up a Partegas Spanish Rosada and a Punch Grand Cru to trow in also. Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

Also does anyone know of a good Tobacco shop in the west Knoxville area I could tune him into?

I will also be in the Parrish Island area the first weekend in Jan. any recommended smoke shops around their?
    Thanks in advance for your input.
    Last edited by BunkyX; 12-23-2005 at 10:59 PM.

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

I just had a Romeo y Julieta Vintage III the other day. It was a really nice smoke, mild, with a very distinctive honey and cream flavor. It was a cigar that struck me as a great beginner's smoke.

If you have already bought those then you're good. If no add a couple of sancho panza double maduro's and extra fuerte (sp), Perdomo la tradicion champagne, Padron 64, rocky Patel 90 or 92, also his new Vibe is pretty good and smooth (a little better than the rio imo)

4. Default

Padron 2000/3000/5000 is a nice, balanced smoke....

5. Default

Smokeys is on the west side of Knowville just off I-40. It's in the phone book. They have a large selection of cigars. They are a bit snobbish though.

Rocky Patels are excellent, vintage 1990 or 1992.
    Hap

Moheganson Guest

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 (NOT the silver)

That's the only one off your list that I like.

Any of the Carlos Torano cigars, the Bolivar, the Partagas, or the Romeo Y Julietta have my vote!

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    If you have already bought those then you're good. If no add a couple of sancho panza double maduro's and extra fuerte (sp), Perdomo la tradicion champagne, Padron 64, rocky Patel 90 or 92, also his new Vibe is pretty good and smooth (a little better than the rio imo)

The Sancho Panza Double Maduro. I just tried one of these. A surprisingly good smoke for the price! The flavor profile reminds me of the Nestor Reserve Maduro's, which are one of my favorite reasonably priced smokes.

Thread Information