Thread: Who exhales through the nose?

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

Default Who exhales through the nose?

I was wondering how many of you exhale through the nose when smoking a cigar? I have heard about it, that Carlito suggests it, and I do it occasionally, not habitually. I am having an Ashton VSG Illusion, which up until now has struck me as being a bit bland, I just exhaled it through the nose and I almost fell out of my chair. I can really tell the difference and don't think I can do that every puff on this one.

2. Default

I exhale through my nose on about half of the puffs. It brings out the flavor very much.

What sarge said.

reaganyouth84 Guest

I don't always exhale through my nose, and from time to time I'll actually French inhale some of the cigar smoke.

-Mike

Blog Entries

I exhale through the nose.

I do too
    N.O.L.A.

I do with cigarettes, but not so much with cigars. It just bothers me with cigars. Messes with my sinuses.

8. Default

It's like listening to your stereo and suddenly cranking up the volume...Better be ready. I love it.

Lovely analogy. Yes I often listen to my stereo quite loud. You can take that as whatever meaning you like, it's still true.

I inhale a small amount. Either inhale or exhale, getting smoke into the nasal passages enhances the appreciation of flavor.
    "There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar. " -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

I exhale through my nose with every puff, really the only way to fully enjoy the full range of flavors.
    Hap

Sometimes I will exhale about 20% of the smoke out my nose while exhaling the rest out of my mouth at the same time. Very interesting.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Pomegranates: 0
    Funky Chickens: 2

It's hard to do without inhaling. Takes practice anyways.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

After taking a mouthful of smoke, I generally open my mouth a bit, let some of the smoke out, and gently sniff it while letting the mouth of smoke roll on my tongue for a couple seconds. Really nice!

I do, but not all the time. I'll usually do it every couple of puffs because I do think that it makes the flavors more pronounced.

I do it too frequently. Wake up many times with that intense ashtray nose moment.
    Mean people suck. Stupid people? Just ignore them.

I pretty much agree with what most of the guys said about exhaling thru the nose for better appreciation of the flavor. However, I find that it works well with smokes that are smoother, but some smokes are a little to hot or not smooth enough.

I exhale through my nose about 75% of the time though.
    Smoke 'Em If Ya Got 'Em and if you don't, Get 'em at:
    http://www.buyshakespeares.com

from the future. here are tonights winning lotto numbers

Having almost no sence of smell, hence a bad sence of taste ( I can walk thru a rose garden and not smell a thing, wait for it.... yeah, thats from my fiance) I find exhaling thru the nose really lets me taste the flavour, if that makes any sence.....
    Tonight I will be sampling a Padros corinations. Last night it was a Romeo Y Julieta Romeo #1. Mmmmmmmm

Look out sinus, here comes flavour
    Smokey the bear says:.....

19. Default

I tend to swallow a small amount of the smoke and exhale through the nose.

~Sonny~

Thread Information