Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Online Age Verification a Good Thing for the Industry?

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

LMFAO!!

They deleted his WHOLE THREAD on ClubStogie!!!

Kinda too bad because it made for a fun read!! MANY ClubStogie members were asking "How does this work?" and this dumbass simply REFUSED to answer ANY questions and only responded with sales pitches.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

3. Default

Stupid salespeople.

Shel has NO IDEA how it works. But rather than find out how it works and report back, we get a line of BS longer than my .

Funny part is, I actually AM curious how it works. If it sounds feasible, I could probably put it to good use. I have a whole BUNCH of clients that could use it to open up a floodgate of business and I could probably integrate it into one or two projects to display at trade shows.

Oh well...

This post can be seen in other forums.

As you’ve all have notice this service and/or product is new and there is no polished sales pitch or a simple explanation. We appreciate your comments no matter how critical.

How does it work?

In the process of create an account in the Shopping Cart the system checks age and address only and approves or puts you in a pending state.

The system or verification module checks for a match of these items in order, and stops checking when it finds a match.

1. Voter Registration
    2. State ID and/or DL
    3. Top three credit companies.

Additional comments and information:

“50 cents added on each of my purchases”

After reading the above post and concerns I when back and did some checking, the .50 cent Age verification is a (1 time) charge that the vendor pays. After that the customer can purchase what every they want.

”another way for companies to exploit the tobacco industry”

It would seem so on the surface but that’s the thing we’re work on. My company is in the merchant account/credit card processing business so combining that with the Age Verification Shopping Cart we should be able to putting together a package that is lower in cost and less labor. If any vendors would like to advice or comment we welcome your input.

“I don't want the state or local taxing authority to send me a nasty-gram because they found out what I've purchased because of info supplied by a third (or fourth) party.”

The individual invoices or purchasing records and/or times someone buys something is only known by the vendor and no one else. One of the important thing in our AV process is it’s done in the secure environment of the Shopping Cart (SSL) protected by your login and the store owner. It doesn’t ask for your SS and only checks age and address, in other words you could be buying anything that might need an age or an address confirmation. What or where you purchased is not stored or send through a third party. No faxing, mailing or email DLs or personal information.

The information asked is the same as a normal Shopping Cart:

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Date of Birth:
    E-Mail Address:

Your Address
    Street Address:
    Post Code:
    City:
    State/Province:

Your Contact Information
    Telephone Number:
    Fax Number:

Newsletter: yes/no

Your Password
    Password:
    Password Confirmation:

Thanks and have a great day!

5. Default

What if it does not find a match in any of those 3?

Why in God's name do you have it coupled to a shopping cart and not provided as some sort of pluggable module?

One more tip: polish your sales pitch. Learn how your product operates and sell it. Don't try to sell your product based on fear.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    What if it does not find a match in any of those 3?

Why in God's name do you have it coupled to a shopping cart and not provided as some sort of pluggable module?

One more tip: polish your sales pitch. Learn how your product operates and sell it. Don't try to sell your product based on fear.

If there is no match the store owner has the option of manually verification.

The AV module comes free in our shopping cart and as a pluggin for other carts.

Thank you for your comments and questions.

Thread Information