Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Income Tax

Default Income Tax

Anyone here going to be spending all their tax return on cigars?

Blog Entries

No.. but I spent half my week off getting paperwork ready for income taxes...

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

You never have to pay taxes when you don't have a job.

4. Default

What is this refund of which you speak?

Taxes ?????
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

I will be buying a big Savoy 300 count humidor and some more money on filling it up, so I will probably spend 4-500 bucks, but not nearly my whole tax refund.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

My tax refund will be spent as a partial downpayment on a new house. As a newly married man, I need to grudgingly begin my adult life. I have, however, convinced my wife that I will have a cigar room with built in humidor. In trade I offered a dark room. Deal!! Now all we need is the house. Oh yeah, and money. C'mon IRS refund Check!!
    A good smoke, good bagpipes, and tasty scotch. I'm happy.

If I wasnt married I would spend it all on smokes and goodies.

Assuming I actually get a refund I would spend it all on cigars, my car and my CC bill.

Blog Entries

Tax return?

LOL, that was a good one. When I did work or do work, I always made sure I had just enough withheld so that I owed a small amount when I filed my tax return. If you think about it, that's REALLY the best strategy. The EMPLOYER (and to a small extent, the federal government) is the one who is "using your money" so to speak so why allow that? You receive NO INTEREST on the tax "return." You've LOST out on the ability to collect interest or use that money for other purposes during the year by having too much withheld from your paycheck.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

At 19 I can honestly say that I've never put that much thought into it. I don't really think about it at all until tax time, when I wish I had given a shite sometime during the year.

Fuck yeah it will!!! Being as I live on my own (and have for 3 years) have a full time job and go to school, I get almost ALL of my tax money back, and yeah, 3/4 will go STRAIGHT to the stogie habit!

Seeing that I prefer to keep my balls attached to my body I only spend money on cigars out of my personal checking account. My wife, who makes about twice what I make, is always involved with the doing the taxes and seeing we have a 3 year old and she is pregnant with twins, I'm thinking I won't be spending any of it on cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    Seeing that I prefer to keep my balls attached to my body I only spend money on cigars out of my personal checking account. My wife, who makes about twice what I make, is always involved with the doing the taxes and seeing we have a 3 year old and she is pregnant with twins, I'm thinking I won't be spending any of it on cigars.

I know the feeling. I have a 6 month old and I am willing to bet that most of our refund is going to go to diapers
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

reaganyouth84 Guest

I need to use mine to get out of some of my debt.

-Mike

I'm going to use mine to get one of my cars back on the road. And... possably a cigar or two.

Blog Entries

We always pay off credit card debt with our income taxes. Somehow, I always manage to sneak a few extra hundred dollars on the credit card right before we pay it off. That is one little trick I have to employ as a married man that does the finances in order to booster my growing habit.
    puro pot pass VI loser

Hah, taxes? I filed exempt for this year, I only made probabably 2k, though i'm still living at home, not for too much longer though. I expect to pay taxes this next year, and when I get my return for that back, i'm going on a C-bid binge!!!!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Pomegranates: 0
    Funky Chickens: 2

Yeah Refund=New Roof

20. Default

I pay quarterly and receive nothing at the end of the year.

Thread Information