Thread: Question about humidor??

Default Question about humidor??

I keep my 200 count humidor between 65% to 67%.It used to be at 70% for a while.now its stays at 65% is that ok .And i also add 50/50 mix once a month..how often should i have to damp the ceder in the humidor?.
    Last edited by oliva 2; 02-09-2006 at 09:59 AM.

bigpoppapuff Guest

i'd rather keep my humi's at 62%-65%.....never higher....

3. Default

65-67% is PERFECT.

Most of the guys here keep theirs 62-67. Most agree you get a more even burn and better draw around 65%

I highly suggest the Humidity Beads from Heartfelt Industries. Easiest way to keep your smokes in the RH range you like...

To answer your other question, don't repeatedly dampen the cedar. Soem people wipe it down once to season, and some don't. Either way it is not somethign to do on any kind of schedule.

The other gents are correct - and you are absolutely ok with 65%. Depending on where you're located and with the air being drier in the winter, the humidity in your box will drop. You can use beads or what I use is a "Dry Mistat" which is a tube filled with prop/glycol gel. Almost maintenance free, has a long shelf life, and you can place it in right with all your sticks and not worry about it. They run about $10.

Thread Information