Thread: Travel Gear

Lightbulb Travel Gear

I've been searching the net for two things lately.

1. 1 small about 10 count travel humidor that I can take with me in the car

and

2. A small travel case that I can carry in a coat pocket that would hold 2-3 cigars for when I go into a cafe or restaurant.

I've found somethinjg suitable for the former on CI. I'm considering an otterbox, but for the latter I would prefer something smaller and a bit more stylish. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions?

bigpoppapuff Guest

rockyscigars.com

they have what you need...

Nice site Sid....... good prices also

I carry a 10 Ct Cigar caddy with me almost everywhere now...... wife thinks I'm nuts...... I never know what I'm gonna want to smoke
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    Nice site Sid....... good prices also

I carry a 10 Ct Cigar caddy with me almost everywhere now...... wife thinks I'm nuts...... I never know what I'm gonna want to smoke
    That's right, haha. Thanks for the link, but do you guys have any suggestions for something small enough to fit in a coat pocket that would hold 2-3 sticks?

I also use one of these.... Click Here....
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

I use a 15 count herf a dor....just like the otter box.
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

For serious herfing and travel I have a otterbox 5400 from Cbid. It holds lots of cigars and lets you do some on the fly trades. I also have a three finger leather from my SS this year that is perfect for a night out. I also have a brushed stainless for lonsdale size and smaller.

Sometimes I carry both. It makes you plan more but usually works out.
    Remember to breathe

8. Default

I use cigar tubes for taking one or two sticks out and about with me. It's not terribly stylish, but they make a solid seal and hold almost any cigar (up to about 60 ring gauge)...

I may look into either getting some or start saving some cigar tubes for nights out like that. I saw CI had a really nice 3 finger case but it was IMO a bit pricy for what I need it for. I'm just tired of bringing in single cigars in my pocket just in cello. There's always that chance something might happen to it. In addition, I'd like to show a little more style I suppose I could always get some extra humi beads and modify an eyeglasses case or something, lol.

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri
    I may look into either getting some or start saving some cigar tubes for nights out like that. I saw CI had a really nice 3 finger case but it was IMO a bit pricy for what I need it for. I'm just tired of bringing in single cigars in my pocket just in cello. There's always that chance something might happen to it. In addition, I'd like to show a little more style I suppose I could always get some extra humi beads and modify an eyeglasses case or something, lol.

rockys also has leather cases...taking a humidified cigar in a case is for protection of the cigar...you don't need to have your case as a humi device....

11. Default

These are similar to the tubes I use.... Not the dodgy tubes some cigars come in....

http://www.neptunecigar.com/accessor...ource=shopping

12. Default

There are plenty of 2-3 cigar leather cases out there; just google around or check ebay. I recently got an ostrich leather Atoll limited edition case with cedar lining--gorgeous, pricey, but worth it. I also just got an X-treme case-$25-holds 15 cigars, foam pads, just add a few drops of solution every 2 weeks; it's waterproof and crush prood--the Tonka truck of humidors, as they say. Not pretty to look at, but hopefully functional. They also make a 5 cigar one; I'm thinking of getting it for the car.

13. Default cigar cases

Regarding the smaller 3 cigar cases. They make all kinds of leather "finger" cases. Frequently online retailers will give you one if you buy certain featured boxes of cigars. JRCigars is offering one this month with purchases of Macanudo Vintage 97 cigars.

almost all cigar shops will sell you one. $15 to $20

http://www.holts.com/cgi-bin/ncommer...ow_acc_bar=yes

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?pa..._menu&type=CAS

I have a 5 cigar Csonka leather carrier that works real good but I wanted to be able to leave some sticks at work , so I just recently bought a 10 cigar Otterbox - it's rugged and water tight . I have a leather 3 cigar holder for short nights out . Otterbox has holders from 2 cigars up to I believe 24 and you don't have to worry about the cigars getting crushed .

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    I also use one of these.... Click Here....
    Glad I checked out this thread! I actually bought one of these today. I have a 2 cigar leather case I bought in Europe that I do adore but it really can only handle smaller cigars. This seems perfect for a whole day or so of carting cigars around, or a weekend trip! I like the fact it also has a cutter, which for some reason I am always forgetting.... dunno what it is.

Cheers, Will
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

If you want something with a little class you might be interested in this one

[URL="http://www.cigarextras.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=63"]

There is also one I have seen that holds one cigar and a 1.5 oz. tube of your favorite 'beverage'.

17. Default

I now carry the Cuban Crafter's leather cases - very nice and are holding up well.

~Mark
    Cigarmony.com - Cigar Accessories & Apparel

18. Default

http://www.elighters.com/accessories-cigar-cases.html

this is a really good website that has tubes and leather holders and also lots of other stuff.

I swear by the Csonka stuff, definately works for me.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

20. Default

For my birthday, I'd like the Porsche design carbon fiber outside, spanish cedar inside triple tube. see elighters.com----$390

Thread Information