Thread: Refilling humidifier often?

Default Refilling humidifier often?

How often do you fill your humidifier and how often on average do you open your humidor?? And how big is it?

Mine holds 200 cigars and I open it at least every couple days. I have been filling it once a week.

Blog Entries

I usually refill my ~100 count humidor once a week. It gets opened daily.

I have about 30 in my humidor, and i refill once every 14 days...

on average, i have to recharge my humidifiers once or twice a week. My humidor gets opened about twice a day.

I was thinking about investing into one of those Cigar oasis devices to save myself all the trouble (http://www.cigaroasis.com/products/cigar-oasis1.html). Anyone have an opinion on them?
    With glasses high, we raised a cry - freedom had arrived

I recharge mine about once a week also.

I haven't heard a lot about those Oasis units personally, but they seem pretty cool. I have definitely heard nothing bad about them.

but read the fine print too...

"*Approximately one year of unattended operation without refilling or replacing sealed cartridge in a well-designed, tight fitted humidor with 75-125 cigars and opening three or four times a week."

Of course it would still be a hell of a lot less refilling than what your doing now tho.

You probably don't have this problem, but if you do not open your humi, you need to do so weekly. The fresh air is needed.

I refill my large one about every 2 weeks and my smaller one about every 10 days. The large one holds about 250-300 and is about half full while my smaller one holds 50 or so and is pretty darn full. They get opened every couple of days.

Here is a question. How often do you replace the pad inside your huidifiers?? I have had my Large humi for about 6 months and it is getting harder and harder to fill them.

Carlos
    Life is to short to b!tch...Get over it and move on.

Thats a good question... I just got mine up and running for around a month, so it will be a long time before I would have to change it, but I have always assumed that it would last forever, or a very long time, if distilled water is used. What would clog the pores up?

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

Wink

i use a plastic tupperware that seals well as a cheap alternative to having a big, spanish cedar lined wood humidor. i find that they work just as well, as long as you keep an eye on your smokes.

i open my humi everyday, and i find that i need to refill my humidifier almost twice a week due to this. not really a problem. i use distilled water and a chunk of green florist foam (oasis) as my humidifier. the green stuff that you find at the bottom of flower arrangements that holds them together. it works perfect. no hygrometers, no thermometers to monitor temperature or humidity. its all trial and error. im in a tropical climate country anyway, so its pretty easy. only now that its summer here that i find the need to air out my humi everyday because the warm temperature tends to build up inside.

i find that mold tends to grow and clog up my humidifier if i dont use distilled water. plain tap water has 'minerals' that encourage bacterial and mold growth.
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

I've actually been filling my humidifier every two days to maintain a 70-72% humidity. If I only fill it once a week it hovers around 68-70%. I would like to get it higher, closer to 75%. I think it has a lot to do with the temperature. Calgary is a really dry climate though.

Thread Information