Thread: My First Coolidor

Default My First Coolidor

Well I just put together my first coolidor. It is equalizing as we speak. I can't wait to move and build a recessed cabinet, but for now this will have to do.

Are there any tricks to maintaining a coolidor or is it like those rotiseries on TV; just set it and forget it? Well with regular checkups of course. Thanks.
    A good smoke, good bagpipes, and tasty scotch. I'm happy.

Here is a great link for some of your questions......

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/inde...howtopic=13217

I am actually gonna use the sail makers wax for my cooler..... What size cooler do you have ??
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

My father in law had a 50 qt cooler he got rid of. It seems to be working great. I placed a foam type humidifier and a hygrometer on the side and it is reading 64 degrees and 60%. She's just about ready to go. I've got some old boxes for singles as well as a box of Monte platinum toros and a box of Saint Louis Rey Maduro Toros ready to go in.

Let the aging continue.

Thanks for the page by the way. It was very helpful with some ideas I had not thought of.
    A good smoke, good bagpipes, and tasty scotch. I'm happy.

I find my coolidor retains humidity more than my humidor. ie, I've got to add distilled water more frequently to my humidor.

I always figured that's because I open my humidor more often, and the wood "breathes" more than the coolidor's plastic.
    "There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar. " -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

5. Default coolerdor

I'd recommend opening the coolerdor every so often (weekly) just to get some fresh air in there and to make sure everything is OK.

Depending on the size of your coolerdor you might want to add a second humidifying device just so that you don't have "dry" spots.

Some folks build shelves. I just use old boxes to store my cigars.

Look, if you post that you finally got a coolerdor, you gotta post pics. It's the law
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

Thread Information