Thread: Perdomo Exclusivo Maduro

Default Perdomo Exclusivo Maduro

The natural wrapper cigar gets a high rating. JR Cigars has a pretty good deal on these right now. Anyone tried them? Opinions?

Perdomo Exclusivo

I bought a box during JR's "12 days of christmas". I would say they're definately better after a little aging. They have a very good "mochaccino-like flavor" like the site says. Good burn time. Overall I'm satisfied with them.

I saw these in the new JR catalogue and was curious if they were any good also. How's the maduro???

I bought a box of the maduros but had a natural in a sampler. The maduro is a little stronger. They both have similar flavor. The natural might be a little smoother. Great draw on both. I had one last night actually. Overall I'd probably rate them an 85.

5. Default perdomo exclusivo opinions wanted

I too have my eye on these Perdomo Exclusivo cigars at JR. Seems they are going for about $2.10 to $2.50 a stick in box purchases (and JR is throwing in a real nice 8 pack toro sampler with some RyJ & other nice sticks which means 33 sticks for about $60).

Anybody got an opinion on these Perdomo Exclusivo cigars? Maduro? Natural?

Mine just came in today. I will let you know what I think when I smoke one. They look pretty good!

The 8 cigar Toro sampler looks nice too!

RYJ 1875 *
    RYJ Reserve Maduro *
    H. Uppman 1844 *
    Montecristo Platinum *
    Onyx Maduro *
    Don Diego White Label *
    Royal Jamaica Rojo
    Santa Damiana Natural

7. Default perdomo exclusivo

I've heard the Perdomo Exclusivo cigars are well made, but lack flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_CIGAR_MAN
    I've heard the Perdomo Exclusivo cigars are well made, but lack flavor.
    Ahhhhh, that would be a shame. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Perhaps the Maduro wrapper will lend what the natural wrapped cigar was lacking.

Well, I smoked one of the Maduros last night. I am satisfied. Not the best smoke I've ever had, but one of the best for that price.

This is not a full bodied smoke. I considered it a medium, which is fine by me. Medium bodied Maduros tend to be my favorite style. Cigar smokers who smoke more often and like fuller flavor might consider it mild. I'm sure that with a natural wrapper this cigar would be considered mild by just about anyone. That being said, I like this particular flavor combination. Coffee type flavor is definately there. Having a Maduro wrapper lends a nice little bit of spicy sweetness, which pairs well with the coffee flavors in the filler IMHO. It almost goes without saying that this cigar goes nicely with a cup of coffee or, I imagine, probably a roasty stout beer as well.

The burn was good. there were some minor issues that worked themselves out. The ash hung on well past the inch mark and tapped off nicely.

On the down side, I got a sudden ammonia taste at the end of the smoke. I get from the tobaccinist that this usually means there is an incompletely fermented leaf mixed in the filler. The problem will age out and shouldn't be present in every cigar. Of course, the local guy doesn't look to be cigar smoker as much as a cigar seller, but I'll take his word until I find out different.

Moheganson Guest

I don't like these at all but that's just my opinion.

They're pretty good. I like the Cameroon and the Champagne a bit more than the maduro. And they certainly age well.

After smoking a few of these my opinion remains about the same. A decent smoke at a good price. Nothing to rave about though. These are probably going to be considered too mild for those who enjoy full flavored smokes on a regular basis. For the mild to medium crowd, they should be enjoyable.

After smoking quite a few of these, I can probably say that I wouldn't buy them again. They are not a bad smoke, but they are just too forgettable. There's just not enough character to keep me interested. After smoking some more expensive premiums here lately, I'm probably just getting spoiled.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    After smoking quite a few of these, I can probably say that I wouldn't buy them again. They are not a bad smoke, but they are just too forgettable. There's just not enough character to keep me interested. After smoking some more expensive premiums here lately, I'm probably just getting spoiled.
    I don't smoke cigars but I imagine its like eating ice cream. Once you have tasted Ben and Jerry's the 1.99 store special just doesn't cut it!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

I left the last of these to age a while at the bottom of the humi. I just tried one again. The harsh ammonia-like bite aged right out of them. I still think it's a nice smoke for the price. About as good as Indian Tabac Classic Corojo's. Aging definately changed the flavor of these.
    Last edited by Kenyth; 07-05-2006 at 04:03 PM.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Thread Information