Thread: CAO Sopranos Review

Default CAO Sopranos Review

CAO Sopranos edition

Size: 52x5

Burn: good even burn, no problems

Ash: Beautiful bright white ash, held on about 2".

Cut: Punch, there was a small stem that my punch went around, I pulled it out when I noticed it, may have cause problems if a cutter would have been used.

Prelight draw: Firm, no real taste.

Draw: Medium-firm.

Smoke: didn’t make a lot of smoke, and it was thin smoke- didn’t really linger.

Price Paid: $10

I picked up this cigar about two weeks ago at the local shop, had heard a lot of hype behind them, along with stories that they did not live up to the price- and I have to agree. It is a very well presented cigar with duel bands and a nice box. The initial draw was very bland, nothing-really happening flavor wise. About an inch in it started developing a mild almond taste that stayed throughout the cigar, but never growing into more powerful flavors. The burn was very nice, and it held a good ash, looks like a top-notch cigar. This is truly a beautiful looking cigar. This is the type of cigar that non-cigar smokers will buy. What I mean by that is that it carries a name that will get it recognized by people that would not normally buy a cigar. And while it is a very nicely constructed cigar, it is not worth the money. In my mind this would fall into a $5-6 cigar range at the most. If the flavor would have been more robust and complex it would defiantly be worth more, but the flavor is simply not there.

Would I buy again: No, not for myself. I have bought a few more by request for a few friends of mine that smoke cigars on occasion but do not have a humidor so I keep stuff for them in mine, but what they want to spend their money on is up to them. (I think they are more impressed by the name than anything).

2. Default

I was wondering about those... the box looks awsome but that doesn't mean any thing

Thanks for the review. I wanted to buy these cigars, but I guess I won't now. I will buy 1 cigar just to try it myself.

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."
    - Mark Twain

Thread Information