Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Humidor Paranoia

I'd recommend the beads solution.

Heartfelt Industries offer them and has a great reputation. I recently ordered them and they immediately stabilized one of my "problem" humidors.

Their website: http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/Home.htm
    Last edited by Bluenote; 01-13-2006 at 08:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    We need a sticky of me saying RELAX! :)

When I was starting out, I checked my humidity every 34 minutes. If it was anywhere below 70%, I'd pour a gallon of water onto my humidifier. The end result was cigars that popped every time I tried to smoke one. These things were bloated like that chick in the Midol commercials.

Cigars are slow movers. Panicking and trying to "fix" something is only going to cause more problems. Similarly, you're trying to create an environment for them, which is even slower. Putting water on a humidifying element doesn't suddenly add moisture to the air. That's a very slow process.
    Man, you have described me to a T, but I could wait 60 minutes....
    puro pot pass VI loser

We need a sticky of me saying RELAX! :)

When I was starting out, I checked my humidity every 34 minutes. If it was anywhere below 70%, I'd pour a gallon of water onto my humidifier. The end result was cigars that popped every time I tried to smoke one. These things were bloated like that chick in the Midol commercials.

Cigars are slow movers. Panicking and trying to "fix" something is only going to cause more problems. Similarly, you're trying to create an environment for them, which is even slower. Putting water on a humidifying element doesn't suddenly add moisture to the air. That's a very slow process.

We need this post for Bill Clinton over on Cigar Pass (the infamous Humidor Problem thread...)

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by illilli
    Man, you have described me to a T, but I could wait 60 minutes....
    Home brewing is another hobby of mine. You see the same problems in beermaking. Beginning brewers tend to freak out if ANYTHING is imperfect. They sterilize their brewpot, triple-filter their water, and start to panic if they don't see bubbles in the first 15 minutes. They start to get concerned that they killed their yeast because it's only 69 degrees, not the recommended 70.

Meanwhile, brewing is a rediculously inaccurate science. I've had fermentations that go strong for a week, I've had fermentations go three days. Once I even brewed the day before a heatwave and came home to a fermenter that had erupted like Mount Vesuvius! And you know what? All those beers came out just fine.

Blog Entries

Home brewing is another hobby of mine. You see the same problems in beermaking. Beginning brewers tend to freak out if ANYTHING is imperfect. They sterilize their brewpot, triple-filter their water, and start to panic if they don't see bubbles in the first 15 minutes. They start to get concerned that they killed their yeast because it's only 69 degrees, not the recommended 70.

Meanwhile, brewing is a rediculously inaccurate science. I've had fermentations that go strong for a week, I've had fermentations go three days. Once I even brewed the day before a heatwave and came home to a fermenter that had erupted like Mount Vesuvius! And you know what? All those beers came out just fine.
    One of my best friends does home brewing. He makes this dark stout that litterally begs to be drank while you are smoking a fine cigar. Well, it's a dark stout MOST of the time... Regardless of how it tastes, it packs a hell of kick!
    puro pot pass VI loser

Thread Information