Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where Do You Order Cigars From?

My motto is if Hex carries it, that's where I would buy it. I love this place too much not to support him when I can. Unless we're talking about a smokin' deal, then I would have no choice but if I'm buying at regular prices it Camino Viejo all the way.

Disclaimer: I am too broke and Canadian to have actually bought from him yet, so I can't actually vouch for whether his store is any good or not.

sorry, i couldn't resist.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by thepyrofish
    Disclaimer: I am too broke and Canadian to have actually bought from him yet, so I can't actually vouch for whether his store is any good or not.
    Then I'll do the vouching. Hex does a great job, I like buying from him.

4. Default

Benningtons is a great little store here in Sarasota. They have some of the best prices on Padron, they even discount their 1964's and 1926's. I live about 7 miles from them.

Another great store is www.regencycigar.com. They will beat almost anyones price if you call them and tell them you saw such and such at this price. Call the owner Mike and tell him Harris sent you and he will take real good care of you.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The Master
    Another great store is www.regencycigar.com. They will beat almost anyones price if you call them and tell them you saw such and such at this price. Call the owner Mike and tell him Harris sent you and he will take real good care of you.
    How is Regency as a mail order place?

It's actually one of my local B&M stores, but I avoid it because I think their prices are pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    http://www.caminoviejo.com/store/cat...isto-white.htm

I got the Montecristo White Rothschild 52 x 5 for 167.95 and I include shipping with all my orders.

Hex are the exodus gold perfectos box pressed or round? and any line on the signature perfectos?

7. Default

SuperChuck, they are great for mail order because you don't have to pay that ridiculous R.I state tobacco tax. As far as being a walk in, just ask for Mike the owner and tell him Harris sent you and he will work with you on the prices same as with mail order.

Where do you live?

Blog Entries

SuperChuck, they are great for mail order because you don't have to pay that ridiculous R.I state tobacco tax. As far as being a walk in, just ask for Mike the owner and tell him Harris sent you and he will work with you on the prices same as with mail order.

Where do you live?
    LOL! He lives in Rhode Island so if you walk in and buy them, you have to pay the RI sales tax.

I've bought from Regency BUT I keep asking them to call me when they get and Padron 1926s in and they never do. They've been telling me on numerous occasions for the past seven months that they'll let me know and again, they've never called me. I've bought a few boxes of DC Maximus and at least two boxes of 1926s from them in the past so at least I'm one of their customers.

So I bought them somewhere else and saved $60.00.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 01-16-2006 at 04:15 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

9. Default

I thought tobacco tax was assessed on stock, not on sale. In other words, they pay it whether it's sold locally or online.

I'm about 20 minutes from Regency, down in Jamestown.
    In fact, I just drove by Regency yesterday morning. I thought about stopping in, but I was smoking a nice Centro Fino Sungrown at the time and didn't want to interrupt it. :)

10. Default

CC, pm me your name and I'll make sure they call you from now on.

Chuck, if they ship cigars out of state then there is no tobacco tax.Since you are in state other arrangments can be made. I'll pm you with these details.

11. Default

CC, from now on check with me before you buy any non Cuban, I'll make sure you get the lowest price possible.

Blog Entries

Will do Harris!!

Thanks for the help!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

It seems tobacco gets a double whammy. The excise tax is paid on stock and included as part of the price, whether it's sold in state or out of state doesn't matter.

Then I guess it may also get hit with state sales tax, which would be added at purchase time. That particular tax isn't added to mail order.

I thought anything with an excise tax didn't ge hit with sales tax? Am I wrong? Does it depend on state law?

14. Default

Tobacco tax is only paid if the cigar is sold in state. When we order cigars from companies like JR we do not pay any type of excise or tobacco tax.

Tobacco tax is only paid if the cigar is sold in state. When we order cigars from companies like JR we do not pay any type of excise or tobacco tax.
    True, and I hope that doesn't change. Although, I have noticed a slight increase in their prices (maybe to offset the tax???).

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."
    - Mark Twain

Moheganson Guest

Holts
    CI
    Famous
    JR's
    Atlantic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moheganson
    Holts
    CI
    Famous
    JR's
    Atlantic
    Don't like Moh, you order from TBS don't you?

18. Default

I order most of my cigars from www.regencycigar.com. Their prices on line are just average, but the owner Mike will work with you on the prices. He'll match or beat anyones price. Just ask for Mike and tell him Harris sent you.

Thread Information