Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Do You Order Cigars From?

Default Where Do You Order Cigars From?

I order my cigars from JRCigars.com. They have great cigars at great prices.

Just curious where everyone else orders their cigars from.

Thank You!

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."
    - Mark Twain

bigpoppapuff Guest

i don't order cigars but may i suggest caminoviejo or rockyscigars......

I have found that there are a bevy of choices for the enthusiast. I always bounce back and forth from a list I keep just to ensure that I am getting the best price. I use atlanticcigar.com (often), cigarbid.com (often), cigarsinternational.com (often), benningtons.com (sometimes), Thompsoncigars.com (rarely).

Bennington's is a small shop on St. Armond's circle in Fla. I just loved this little shop and they offer some fine deals in their newsletter. Thompson's I feel I have to be the most careful with. Their prices always seem over inflated.

I have always been happy with Atlantic, cbid and CI. Those are my recommendations. I would like to see others out there too in order to find the best prices.

Slan
    A good smoke, good bagpipes, and tasty scotch. I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by smokepiper
    I have found that there are a bevy of choices for the enthusiast. I always bounce back and forth from a list I keep just to ensure that I am getting the best price. I use atlanticcigar.com (often), cigarbid.com (often), cigarsinternational.com (often), benningtons.com (sometimes), Thompsoncigars.com (rarely).

Bennington's is a small shop on St. Armond's circle in Fla. I just loved this little shop and they offer some fine deals in their newsletter. Thompson's I feel I have to be the most careful with. Their prices always seem over inflated.

I have always been happy with Atlantic, cbid and CI. Those are my recommendations. I would like to see others out there too in order to find the best prices.

Slan
    Ya, Thompson's is waaaay too expensive. Have you ordered from JRCigars.com? I find their prices the most reasonable and shipping is quite fast.

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."
    - Mark Twain

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TSoprano
    Ya, Thompson's is waaaay too expensive. Have you ordered from JRCigars.com? I find their prices the most reasonable and shipping is quite fast.

you say jr's prices are the most reasonable...have you compared them to others or just making a statement??...

....you asked for opinions...have you checked them??....

Thompson's sux.......

A little word of advice.... JR's prices are not that reasonable

If BBP is nice enough to give you a little advice, such as a retailer..... try it

Sid..... it looks like they are just talking to themselves
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

I use Famous-smoke.com , Cbid , Cigarsinternational.com , JR's and Holts.com most of the time for on-line ordering . I use several local B&M's also - Cigar Alley , Nero's , Churchills , Liberty , Light n' up , Village Tobacco and Holt's .

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    Thompson's sux.......

A little word of advice.... JR's prices are not that reasonable

If BBP is nice enough to give you a little advice, such as a retailer..... try it

Sid..... it looks like they are just talking to themselves

i can't hear you!!!.........

Thompsons?

ROTFLMFFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    you say jr's prices are the most reasonable...have you compared them to others or just making a statement??...

Yes...I have ordered from Thompson and FamousSmoke before and JR's prices are lower than these two. Obviously I haven't tried them all, that is why I asked for opinions. I made that statement regarding the places I HAVE ORDERED FROM in the past.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff

Example:

Montecristo White Rothchilde 5 x 52 Box of 25:

Thompsons: $213.00
    FamousSmoke: $191.95
    LJPeretti: $191.50
    CigarsInternational: $190.00
    AtlanticCigar: It says call/e-mail for price quote.

JRCigars: $190.00

Thanks!
    Last edited by TSoprano; 01-16-2006 at 04:06 AM.

- Mark Twain

Example:

Thanks!
    serious cigars: $170.00

and no, no, no, thank you.

^^^Good find, thanks!

- Mark Twain

Just goes to show that you can't limit yourself, JR is definitely a good site but it isn't always the best. Always shop around. If you need a place to get good deals on a specific cigar just ask there is always a member that has a good idea which site has the best prices on a particular smoke. Just watch out and avoid TBS cigars and TabaccoWorld.

Example:

Thanks!
    Now factor in shipping & handling
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

^^^Good find, thanks!
    which is why I keep my damn sources to myself unless I really know the person.

Alot of members support Gary (INCLUDING ME) @ cigar-ettecity.com. If he's got what you want, it's probably the cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy
    which is why I keep my damn sources to myself.
    Keeping tobacco world all to yourself KB?

Blog Entries

http://www.caminoviejo.com/store/cat...isto-white.htm

I got the Montecristo White Rothschild 52 x 5 for 167.95 and I include shipping with all my orders.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    Keeping tobacco world all to yourself KB?
    LMAO!

My best source for NCs is listed in my post before this one. Gary is THE MAN!

Thanks for the new sites. I had never seen Holts site before. Has anyone tried the olts brand before? I'm tempted to try a fiver.
    A good smoke, good bagpipes, and tasty scotch. I'm happy.

Thread Information