Thread: Humidor water

Question Humidor water

If both distilled water and water purified by reverse osmosis have been demineralized, does it matter if one uses the latter rather than the former?

-The Young Don

Quote Originally Posted by Don Somebody
    If both distilled water and water purified by reverse osmosis have been demineralized, does it matter if one uses the latter rather than the former?

-The Young Don
    If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

3. Default

perhaps if methodology used was osmosis, but reverse osmosis would require further study

Angry

Just asking, I had already used the water anyway...I have no real idea what reverse osmosis is, so I googled it, found that it "demineralizes" water, which sounds like that is fine. It only matters because I've been told not to use tap because that will put mineral deposits in your cigars n' stuff...which is bad.

Talking

Yes, the tree would still make a sound...if it really falls...

6. Default

I read somewhere, forgot exactly where, that tap water ran through a purifier still has some minerals left in it which can cause problems. The way I figure it, distilled water comes really cheap by the gallon in the store, so why risk it.

Distilled water only,period.
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

Thread Information