Thread: Diablo Picante

Thumbs up Diablo Picante

From The Dominican Republic
    Ecuadorian Sumatra Wrapper
    Nicaraguan Ligero and Piloto Cubano Ligero Blend Filler
    Connecticut Broadleaf Binder

From General Cigar by Daniel Nuņez.

The Picante is 5 x 40 and costs around $3.75.

I thoroughly enjoyed these cigars. They are well made, and have had consistantly excellent draw and flavor.

Full bodied flavor, very smooth with an increasing complexity and spicy flavor that was enjoyable but not overpowering. Great aftertaste...left me wanting more. Definitely a "burn your lips" cigar. If you enjoy much milder cigars, this may not be your cup of tea, but if you enjoy a cigar with a bit bolder flavor, this is worth a try in my opinion.

Blog Entries

I have seen these at one of the local shop's. I havent had a chance to try one out yet, but I think I might treat myself this weekend.

3. Default

I deffinatly agree, these cigars are a good buy. I enjoyed the flavor, but they were a little to strong for me. I enjoy a more mild cigar.

i thought they were a great smoke for the money. planning on picking up a more of these. They were a pleasant surprise. I wasn't sure what to expect.

5. Default

i really need to find other sources for cigars...i just bought a stick of picante for 9 bucks!!

Ouch.

Online I think you can find them $5 or less.

My local tobacco shop just had great deal yesterday....a diablo sampler in this mini casket box with a Caliente (5x50) , a Pimiento (6 1/2x45) and a Gran Fuego (6x60) for $11.

That's $16.75 retail, so not a bad deal.

BTW, Picantes only retail for $3.75...locally I pay 3.50

http://www.cigarworld.com/brands/diablo/diablo_size.cfm
    Last edited by labmonkey; 04-21-2005 at 09:29 PM.

8. Default

I have heard many people bad mouth this cigar....I love them!! I keep a box of the Caliente (SP?) robusto size the the coolerdor...great flavor imho...nice review!

Quote Originally Posted by bardock
    i really need to find other sources for cigars...i just bought a stick of picante for 9 bucks!!
    Where in the heck do you buy your cigars at!!! Holy crap!!!

Actually, these are a decent medium smoke - a bit less spicy than I anticipated. I've put a few to sleep to see how they smoke in a year or so - I'm thinking it might be a pretty good smoke with time...

It seems a lot of retailers are doing specials on these. Our was doing a buy two, get one free - with a free cutter. I've seen the packs they're selling - seems interesting.

10. Default

the Tabacco Leaf here in stockton, CA. Nice lady owner...but her prices are killing me...can anyone recommend a online source?

11. Default

tbs-cigars, jr-cigars, cheapercigars

Quote Originally Posted by bardock
    the Tabacco Leaf here in stockton, CA. Nice lady owner...but her prices are killing me...can anyone recommend a online source?
    seriouscigars.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Razz
    I have heard many people bad mouth this cigar....I love them!! I keep a box of the Caliente (SP?) robusto size the the coolerdor...great flavor imho...nice review!
    what's a coolerdor?

i've never ordered from serious cigars, but i visit the store fairly frequently. great selection.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Where in the heck do you buy your cigars at!!! Holy crap!!!

Actually, these are a decent medium smoke - a bit less spicy than I anticipated. I've put a few to sleep to see how they smoke in a year or so - I'm thinking it might be a pretty good smoke with time...

It seems a lot of retailers are doing specials on these. Our was doing a buy two, get one free - with a free cutter. I've seen the packs they're selling - seems interesting.

Yeah...thats the most common complaint i think...especially for a cigar with such a dark wrapper....compared to most maduros it is a little tame, but I enjoy them...

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    what's a coolerdor?

i've never ordered from serious cigars, but i visit the store fairly frequently. great selection.
    Great question! My 400 count humidor was overflowing....being that I am not made of $$, I could not justify buying a cabinet humidor so I just converted a regular old cooler to a coolerdor. Go to www.heartfeltindustries.com and buy 65% or 70% beads (depending on how you like your humidity)...most habanos smoke better around 65%, but anyway, get a cooler, drop in you cigars, beads and digital hygrometer and ...wwalllaaaa...a coolerdor.

Make sure you let it breath weekly at least. Hope that answers your question!

Suggestions for online purchases:

cigarsinternational.com
    cigarbid.com
    cigarauctioneer.com
    holts.com
    famous-smoke.com

I have purchased form the following:

tompsons.com (good for name brand samplers, their lable is not good and prices are high)
    cheaphumidors.com (bought a humidor and accesories, not cigars)
    famous-smoke.com
    cigarbid.com
    cigarauctioneer.com

Hope this info helps.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

17. Default

thanks for the site, i just ordered from cigars international. cant wait!

Thread Information